Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

I will never sensor myself in my own thread. Everyone knows that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I told you I'm thorough, and detail oriented. Sorry if it caused any trouble for you. Can you imagine if this was on a large-scale sale to people that didn't even know you? hehehe, it's good to catch these things now.

no trouble at all. Look if I made a mistake on something I cam going to fix it. If someone suggests I should include ratchet hangers I am going to see what i can do about it. My customers reviews are more important to the success for the business than anything else.
This is my fifth company and Third active company that I been running all on my own. I hope this company will be one that I can start expanding to the point of hiring employees like I did with my third company(The one that has supported this whole venture and made all of this happen wtmint.com)

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

PREPARATION:

The Lights:

2/27/2014

First impressions:

Thought one: When picking up the box. "This box is bigger than I thought it would be"
Thought two: "It's heavier, too"

When unpacking the box from it's nondescript shipping, I notice how NOTHING is rattling around inside. Well packed, and tightly bound, the product stayed safe and undamaged in near perfect condition. I say "near perfect" because while the fixture itself is perfectly unmarred, the touch-pad on my control unit's face is cracked. No consequence, though, because the touch-pad still works, except for "Power", but all other controls are fully functional. This is okay for me because the remote still turns the unit off and on. This will not effect the testing of the light in the least, because the light will have its power "On" full-time, so no big woop there.

So the labeling flaws, and the minor crack in the controller aside, I decided to turn on the light FULL POWER and check things out a bit. All the LEDS work and actually caused me to be blinded for a while when looking at it on full power for all three channels. Then I noticed something, when my eyes adjusted of course, there are a few lights that appear much dimmer than all the others. A few "red" and a few "blue" LEDs really looked a lot dimmer, and that concerned me. Keeping in mind the crack in the controller pad I initially assumed that the light had taken damage during shipment, somehow... Then my brain kicked in... INFRARED AND ULTRAVIOLET are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to see with the human eye. So knowing that infrared equals heat, I held a finger over a "dim" red one, then a bright red one. I noticed a definite heat difference between them and got excited. I went tearing through my things until I found my UV reactive bouncy ball! Holding it over the "dim" blue LED, it lit up like a Christmas tree. Proof of my hypothesis achieved, I decided to play around with the settings...

This proved to be confusing at first, and took about a minute to realize how the charts 1 and 2 are achieved. At first I thought the labeled settings on the remote were 1, 2, 3, and 4 from the charts on page 1. They really are as follows
SETTINGGROW (White/Red)VEG (Blue/UV)BLOOM (Fuchsia)
Sunny100%100%100%
Cloudy65%40%40%
Moon5%0%0%
CustomWill ExplainWill ExplainWill Explain
ManualCloudy?Cloudy?Cloudy?
* (Sunrise/set)40%80%80%

Then I when I was playing with the "Custom" setting, I realized that I could scroll through the different hours... and the three settings could be changed according to the hour. That's when I realized "Here's where I set the charted values!" I hurriedly mapped out a new chart for my "Nighttime Sun" hours. Okay, because the electrical prices in my area are higher during the day then at night. This means that my Lights On period is at night for cost reasons. Moving on.

Here's the chart, shifted for my nighttime hours... Midnight is "00"

So, yeah, there's a small learning curve and no documentation on how to do this, but it's retty easy to figure it out.

That done, you only have to go to "Settings" and set the time for YOUR time zone, and it will automatically cycle through each hour as set in the chart. For those of you who like the "Full on, Off" you can set it to do that in two ways: Set it for "Sunny" and place it on a timer -OR- considering this thing comes equipped with its own timer, you can set it on the same 100% on all three channels for 18 hours, and 0% on all three channels for 6. Easy as pie, no reason to involve any other hardware.

----------TO BE CONTINUED-----------

Cracked Controller...No good!
I am going to send you another one tomorrow and include a return prepaid label to return it. Of course unless you tell me not to because it was free..but as far as I am concerned your no different than any other customer.

Please take a picture of the cracked controller and email it to me.

about the controller. Please everyone realize these are all around lights not just intended for Cannabis and this is why having the controller only programmed to cannabis settings did not sit right. SO the custom setting is for a typical long-day plant. This can be customized to the recommended setting on the site. Next thing thing to mention is because these controllers are configured for muliti plant use. All these other settings are for different plant situations.
Like if your doing one of the grow cycles but ever 30 days you want to add a little moonlight to replicate the full moon.. you can just use the moon setting for that night manually then flip it back tot he program in the morning...countless possibilities here.

The other settings for sunset/sunrise or cloudy all those can be adjusted to whatever you wish and used in conjunction with the Custom light cycling programs.

For instance if you dont want to replicate a slow wake up sunrise and then slow to sleep sunset. But do not want to just use the manual switches.. then anyone of the channels can be customized like an on off switch. Instead of manually flipping the switch to turn on all three veg/bloom/intense channels lets say you want a little more blue or red. then just use one of these free slots to do like 100%/80%/100%.. I think you get the point..

Was it you or Icemud that mentioned something about doing a professional instruction video on using the controller. As soon as I get this I will make it available non the site.
Plus if we can get a simple version that I can print onto another insert similar to the one included in the box..I will have this printed and include inside each box.

Eitherway I will make this happen and will be able to include a simple instruction with pictures as soon as I get it. Clearly the little 7 page manual I made was not clear enough instruction. This is totally fixable and not even a problem.

I do feel bad about the controller. I wonder if I packed it in the box wrong. When you open the box was their any signs as to whether the controller cracked through shipping? I am just asking because I want to obtain all information I can to prevent this from happening again.
What I will do is tripple check the controllers one last time before putting them into the box to be shipped off. Plus I will add a little more bubble wrap around them. This should solver this from happening again.. TY

Cracked Controller...No good!
I am going to send you another one tomorrow and include a return prepaid label to return it. Of course unless you tell me not to because it was free..but as far as I am concerned your no different than any other customer.

Please take a picture of the cracked controller and email it to me.

about the controller. Please everyone realize these are all around lights not just intended for Cannabis and this is why having the controller only programmed to cannabis settings did not sit right. SO the custom setting is for a typical long-day plant. This can be customized to the recommended setting on the site. Next thing thing to mention is because these controllers are configured for muliti plant use. All these other settings are for different plant situations.
Like if your doing one of the grow cycles but ever 30 days you want to add a little moonlight to replicate the full moon.. you can just use the moon setting for that night manually then flip it back tot he program in the morning...countless possibilities here.

The other settings for sunset/sunrise or cloudy all those can be adjusted to whatever you wish and used in conjunction with the Custom light cycling programs.

For instance if you dont want to replicate a slow wake up sunrise and then slow to sleep sunset. But do not want to just use the manual switches.. then anyone of the channels can be customized like an on off switch. Instead of manually flipping the switch to turn on all three veg/bloom/intense channels lets say you want a little more blue or red. then just use one of these free slots to do like 100%/80%/100%.. I think you get the point..

Was it you or Icemud that mentioned something about doing a professional instruction video on using the controller. As soon as I get this I will make it available non the site.
Plus if we can get a simple version that I can print onto another insert similar to the one included in the box..I will have this printed and include inside each box.

Eitherway I will make this happen and will be able to include a simple instruction with pictures as soon as I get it. Clearly the little 7 page manual I made was not clear enough instruction. This is totally fixable and not even a problem.

I do feel bad about the controller. I wonder if I packed it in the box wrong. When you open the box was their any signs as to whether the controller cracked through shipping? I am just asking because I want to obtain all information I can to prevent this from happening again.
What I will do is tripple check the controllers one last time before putting them into the box to be shipped off. Plus I will add a little more bubble wrap around them. This should solver this from happening again.. TY

Nah, man... It's going to remain "Power on" the whole time, and never turned off....ever really. besides if I really need to turn it off, I can use the remote control.

7-page booklet? I got a bifold flier in mine, marked "datasheet" and that was it. I took pictures of everything as I unboxed it and checked inside the box in case I missed something when I realized that there were no instructions for the light settings. It's not really a problem, though, a few minutes tinkering and it's easy to figure out. At least it was for me.

I think it was the shipping that cracked it... I don't think it was just a flaw. It was packed well, and in bubble wrap, in a padded cell. But I did notice, is that the face of the controller was toward the other components in the little endcap of the packaging. Maybe FedEx was a little less than careful and dropped it, causing the cables's metal ends or something to smack the screen? OR THE POWER PLUG!! The plug is what did it... the part you push into the grounded receptacle for the power source!! Ain't no biggie to me though. The back-lit LCD is undamaged, and in perfect condition, so, I really don't ever need to use the power button once it's set. Well... that is as long as I can keep hold of the remote, I can still turn it on after a power failure, maybe... or moving... (shrug)

What I'm really after is the raw data from comparing the grow with HPS. While I do point little things out, it's really the performance of this beast of a light that I'm after- and when I say "beast" I mean that. Even though the red/blues aren't as easily see well by humans, this light actually appears brighter than my HPS, AND, IT HAS NO YELLOW/GREEN IN IN IT TO FOOL MY EYES!

I actually have lost a bit of my skepticism as to how this light source will measure up to our oldest standby, the High Pressure Sodium light. But- the proof is in the pudding, and that shall be had in a while.

What is the difference between discreet and discrete?

This pair of homophones (words that sound alike but are different in spelling/meaning) can be very confusing.

Discreet
implies the showing of reserve and prudence in one's online behavior or posting.

Discrete
means something quite different - distinct or separate.

Both words derive from the same Latin word discretus and for a long time these words were each spelled two different ways, but eventually came to be differentiated in spelling as well as in meaning.

Discreet
has yielded the noun discretion,

but discrete's noun form is discreteness.

Examples:

They tried to be discreet about communicating unapproved aspects of their online friendship.

The 420 Magazine Guidelines are broken down into discrete units.

:Namaste:

Subbed man, good info, challenge and no doubt, ride. Peace

Very nice unboxing and initial impression review Jandre!!! I didn't even look at the specs on the back of my lights that carefully but I will check mine as well to see if they are correct. I have to say I love the brushed aluminum look to the cases on these models...beautiful looking lights!!! I can't wait to see whats next :)

Nah, man... It's going to remain "Power on" the whole time, and never turned off....ever really. besides if I really need to turn it off, I can use the remote control.

7-page booklet? I got a bifold flier in mine, marked "datasheet" and that was it. I took pictures of everything as I unboxed it and checked inside the box in case I missed something when I realized that there were no instructions for the light settings. It's not really a problem, though, a few minutes tinkering and it's easy to figure out. At least it was for me.

I think it was the shipping that cracked it... I don't think it was just a flaw. It was packed well, and in bubble wrap, in a padded cell. But I did notice, is that the face of the controller was toward the other components in the little endcap of the packaging. Maybe FedEx was a little less than careful and dropped it, causing the cables's metal ends or something to smack the screen? OR THE POWER PLUG!! The plug is what did it... the part you push into the grounded receptacle for the power source!! Ain't no biggie to me though. The back-lit LCD is undamaged, and in perfect condition, so, I really don't ever need to use the power button once it's set. Well... that is as long as I can keep hold of the remote, I can still turn it on after a power failure, maybe... or moving... (shrug)

What I'm really after is the raw data from comparing the grow with HPS. While I do point little things out, it's really the performance of this beast of a light that I'm after- and when I say "beast" I mean that. Even though the red/blues aren't as easily see well by humans, this light actually appears brighter than my HPS, AND, IT HAS NO YELLOW/GREEN IN IN IT TO FOOL MY EYES!

I actually have lost a bit of my skepticism as to how this light source will measure up to our oldest standby, the High Pressure Sodium light. But- the proof is in the pudding, and that shall be had in a while.

hey.. FYI because the power button has multiple features. To turn it off HOLD down the power button while in individual mode not the main menu screen that shows "sunny/cloudy/moon/customization.

I just tinkered with all my controllers to make sure they would all power off and I found one not powering off...then I flipped through a few screens and it did power off. So I think your controller is fine just try to power off it a different menu screen..that is probably all it is

Back
Top Bottom