JBC Pineapple Chunk - Tangerine Dream - Barneys Farm

Re: JBC Pineapple Chunk+Tangerine Dream - Barneys Farm

They Are looking really nice. Seems like it has been smooth sailing since the initial problem stopped. Glad to see everything settled. Plan for them getting pretty large in the three week time frame you set and another 2-3 weeks of stretching when switching to 12/12. You are gonna have your hands full.

Yeh thanks ThatoneGuy, Yeah going great now I've got them in this soil mix.

I was wondering could I use canna coco a+b as a food in a soil mix, or is it just for soil less mixes. I'm using bio bizz grow as a veg food at the min so doesn't really matter, was just wondering.
Yeah I hope I have my hands full, thats the plan! Thanks again :Namaste:

whats good JBC,

Glad to see that everything is going better for you brotha!!! just got caught up and am now subbed!!! :goodluck:

How much longer do you plan on keeping them in veg??? also another thing, bring the light down on them some more to prevent to much stretching!!! and Bio bizz is the nutes your using???

:peacetwo:

Hey astonr420 good to have you on board bro., yeh our grows not much different. Yeah I'm using biobizz nutes at the min. The lights are only a few inch away, I take the plants away from the light for the pictures.

ah for sure, then I stand corrected!!! good job!!! so how long are you going to veg for???

:peacetwo:

Cool Man. I'm gonna veg for another 3 week now they going properly again. 3 week is a bit of time but no point rushing these, I want them big!! I just checked today but didnt take a pic, they grew like 2inch overnight its crazy! next time I take a pic they will have changed a lot!! Had to bend down the top of the pineapple chunk as it grew quite a lot! :Namaste:

Yeah good to read your Inkdot when it gets going.
Had an accident with my camera on saturday during a party, its broke now dont know why but gutted. So going to have to borrow one, till then I cant send in any more picture updates and they quite boring without so i'll just borrow one.

At the min they are doing really good, growing really fast! Thinking of putting another hood in there with a 2700k red 250w CFL, so I have a blue and a red in there. Pics asap. Peace!

OK got a camera sorted and took some pictures, few days ago the pineapple had a curling leaf which you might be able to half see. Think it's because I fed them when they still got food in the super soil!

Pineapple has also started stretching a bit so I moved it to the side so I didn't touch the light, hence the twist in the plant. Have raised light now and raised the tangerine dream to suit. Here they are anyway looking great at min. :peace:
DSC001375.JPG
DSC001394.JPG
DSC001404.JPG

They look nice man. :goodjob: As soon as I see signs of sexing I'm going to put the 3 TDs I'm growing now into flowering. Yours look a lot bushier than mine.

Thanks man, think i'm still going to wait at least 2 week before 12/12. Things only just started properly. The one on the right is the TD.
:Namaste:

Thanks again everyone, yeh it does end up costing quite a bit, you always want better stuff, its only right. Hopefully get the whole grow done without any more probs.

Ok hi :420: here the girls today. Think I shot myself in foot asking for no probs for the rest of the grow. Had a look today and seems like I have a potassium (k) deff!! Bugger! Thats what I think it is anyway, if any of the more experienced grows think its not K deff and it something else please comment, always keen to learn!!
DSC001414.JPG
DSC001427.JPG
DSC001435.JPG
DSC001445.JPG

As you can see have some rust spots and curling leaves. Think that K deff. Took a soil Ph reading today, the tall pineapple was 6.8 and the tangerine was 5.8 bit strange as they in the same home. Gave them a water feeding with a Ph of 6.6 which is Ok for me, so should be ok in a few days. I fed them with 2ml of biobizz grow last time and dont think they needed it so maybe too much cal/mag from the lime locking out k. Any other diagnosis welcome!!!

But to more of a happy note, they have both just showed their sex, both female as you can see from the last pic.

Since you are having Yellowing+ Red Stems it is safe to say that it is a P deficiency. Red stems can just be genetics but you are having multiple symptoms. Boost your phosphorus a bit but not too much or you can risk an Iron Deficiency.

Boost your Medium Ph by feeding/water with a higher Ph and it will help with your issues. I'm not a 100% but that's what I think.

Hope this helps.:thumb:

If your Ph is 6.8 but you are showing nute deficiencies and you have been giving nutes regularly, that is a problem I am having right now (my symptoms look exactly the same, too). I flushed twice to bring the Ph down because I tried adding more P (and using CalMag also; I thought it could be magnesium deficient), and it got worse. The first flush was about 6 gallons for a 5 gallon pot (which brought it down to 6.2) and I flushed again this morning. The problem it appears it that the plant is locking out nutes, which seems to give the plant the same appearance as mineral deficiency and overwatering (or rootbound) wilt. The build-up of salts in the soil of the one plant because its not using them up would explain the difference in Ph levels with both of your plants. I need to go to 1/2 strength nutes to keep it from happening again.
Good luck; they look great otherwise.

If your Ph is 6.8 but you are showing nute deficiencies and you have been giving nutes regularly, that is a problem I am having right now (my symptoms look exactly the same, too). I flushed twice to bring the Ph down because I tried adding more P (and using CalMag also; I thought it could be magnesium deficient), and it got worse. The first flush was about 6 gallons for a 5 gallon pot (which brought it down to 6.2) and I flushed again this morning. The problem it appears it that the plant is locking out nutes, which seems to give the plant the same appearance as mineral deficiency and overwatering (or rootbound) wilt. The build-up of salts in the soil of the one plant because its not using them up would explain the difference in Ph levels with both of your plants. I need to go to 1/2 strength nutes to keep it from happening again.
Good luck; they look great otherwise.

If you are using a 5Gal pot I would suggest Flushing with more than that. At least 9 gallons or so . Test you runoff and check soil Ph to see where you are than Ph a single gal of filered water or something(If you use tap thats fine)If the soil is too low(Anything under 6.5 PH) Ph the gallon to neutral Ph and it should raise your medium. :thumb:

Thanks PotChimo an TOG! both good diagnose but obviously lost in it a bit like me. I have only fed once with half strength nutes as the soil mix already had a lot of food. Just give them water yesterday pH of 6.6-6.8 can't fully remember an cant be botheres reading as im super high on amnesia x jack hera lol. So that should help balance the pH.

I was thinking the curling on top of the pineapple is probably when it got too close too the light as its taller than the TD and it's pH is fine, has a bit of purple but im OK with that as it might be the strain. The TD has a pH of a soilless medium and that has the yellow spots, so to me it's probably that with the problem, an maybe the flush with pH'd water will probably help.

I'll leave them for another 2 days, see how they are then and probably give just another feed of pH'd water, see if that takes it back on track then start feeding.

This growing is hard, got like 10 years behind me but only like 3 actually doing it properly. When you grow and don't love, you think the yellowing at the bottom is normal and crap like that and dont see how to grow properly. Since I been trying to grow to perfection it's hard and you need a lot of gear. Suppose it's all part of the learning as you say. hahah told you I was high, check That! ahaha peace thanks again!!:thumb:

sweet grow! i'll be watching this,two pukka strains :cheer:

Welcome to 420 the Ganja man!! Yeh 2 beautiful strains, Thanks man!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom