JimiGrows' Soil Blueberry - Regular - Journal - 2017 - First Grow

Weekly update since they're -- knock on wood -- still on auto-pilot. One of the plants is starting to get frosty! I was surprised that is starting to happen 25 days into flower. I couldn't get a good picture of it today (phone's camera wouldn't focus on it correctly), but I'll post one soon.

3 blueberry are top left corner
IMG_20170429_071043.jpg

Largest plant & cola
IMG_20170429_071118.jpg

2nd largest plant
IMG_20170429_071133.jpg

Ms. Weird Pattern (probably shallow roots like her brother)
IMG_20170429_071155.jpg

It's starting to get a tad crowded in the flowering tent since the Sour Jack is really stretching.
IMG_20170504_070404.jpg

The Blueberry is coming along nicely. I'd really like to clone some of it but there's no room in the veg tent. Oh well, I have 6 more regular seeds for a try later. #FirstWorldGrowerProblems

IMG_20170504_194243.jpg

IMG_20170504_070424.jpg

We're at day 40 of flower (101 days total). Most of the pistils have darkened, but haven't started curling in. That just gave me an excuse to bust out the digital microscope to look at the trichomes. I'd say about 50% of them are cloudy now. I'm thinking I have 2 more weeks which lines up perfectly with 8-ish weeks of flower. I'm hoping they'll bulk up a bit in that time, too.

And the tent has an amazing smell when you open it. You're first hit with a lemony-diesel smell from the Sour Jack followed by the sweet Fruity Pebbles smell from the Blueberry. I could open and close that tent all day long.

Trichomes

Bud with Fiskar scissors for reference
IMG_20170513_070142.jpg

Shallow Root plant
IMG_20170513_070048.jpg

Blueberry plants top left corner
IMG_20170512_154404.jpg

Looking great.:bravo:

Those blueberries are looking sweet:high-five: Interesting how much further they are along than SJ. Stay the course:Namaste:
To be fair, the BBs have been on a 12/12 schedule for 3.5 weeks longer than the SJ. If I were to compare them at the same time, I'd say the SJ is only 3-5 days behind where the BB was after moving to flower.

The younger SJ ladies are encroaching on the BB's space. I'm thinking the easiest solution is to raise up the BB plants and raise the light. Any tips, tricks, or recommended platforms for lifting up 5gal Smart Pots? Otherwise, I think I'll just get some 5 gal buckets and place them upside down to use as stands. They have 2.5+ weeks before harvest (although I may harvest one early since I'm dry).

SJ encroaching from the right onto the BB's turf
IMG_20170517_065204.jpg

Two items for my weekly update. First, I'm a moron. I thought I was heading into week 8 of flower, but it is really week 6. I hadn't been giving nutes to the ladies for 2 weeks. Whoops. Second, they're showing a mild Phosphorus deficiency (probably as a result of #1 and not shown in this picture) with the browning leaf pattern (not just the tip) and small buds. I'm going to give them some Flower Fuel later in the week. Postponing harvest for a while now that the buds are taking a little longer than expected and the SJ has stopped growing outward and on to upward.

IMG_20170521_160154.jpg

(Back to) Feeding the girls with their usual General Organics schedule. This time I added a half dose of Flower Fuel to perk up the leaves and, hopefully, get some density on the buds. Fed the flowering SJ the same.

Seeing as how it's week 8 of flower, I'm taking a sample nug off tonight for trichome testing and of course just plain "testing" :;):. It will be their last feeding and then ph'd water from here on out.

I pinched one of the smallest, ripe-looking buds I could find. Here it is and a sampling of its trichomes. Under better lighting I can see that a lot of them are partly cloudy and some still clear-ish. Thinking 2 weeks til harvest, but playing it by ear.

IMG_20170530_223737.jpg

WIN_20170530_22_17_48_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170530_22_17_25_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170530_22_16_47_Pro.jpg

Time to hang it up for a quick dry and test out the Arizer Solo!

Looks like I've been away for a while That first sample was definitely weak. The flavor hadn't developed either. I took another sample this past weekend which was the end of week 9 of flower. It should be ready for a test in a day or 2. I'm really hoping I can harvest this weekend for Father's day. Pictures to come soon

Back
Top Bottom