Blueberry Canuk & Euphoria Royal Queen - Organic Soil - CFL Only - First Grow

Hey !

I took the plants out in the sun for better pics.
Euphoria is very hard to photograph because her trichomes are much smaller than Blueberry. Zooming too close only makes blurred photos.

Here is Blue: I see amber trichomes here and there, mostly on older Calyxes and sugar leaves.

Blueberry-106c.jpg

Blueberry-106b.jpg

Blueberry-106.jpg

And here is Euphoria : A lot of amber on older sugar leaves but not much (that I can see for sure) on the calyxes.

Euphoria-106d.jpg

Euphoria-106e.jpg

Euphoria-106c.jpg

Euphoria-106b.jpg

Euphoria-106.jpg

The thing is that the plants made so much new calyxes/pistils in the last weeks that older growth is less visible than new growth. So they look like having a lot of clear or milky trichomes, but overal, the buds look ripe to me in general. Overal color of everything is turning brownish.

Before you give me your so appreciated counsel, i'd like to say that i'd like to harvest
- Blueberry : With the less amber possible, because she gives a very sleepy stone, and I don't wish to amplify that trait.
- Euphoria : She gives more of a head high, but I'd like to harvest with not so many amber trichomes (she's an indica after all).

So... I think I have 2 choices. Either harvest both this weekend, or the next one. This weekend would have been perfect as it's a long holiday weekend here.

So, whos says Wait! and who says Go! ???

Many thanks to y'all !

BP

Hey !

I took the plants out in the sun for better pics.
Euphoria is very hard to photograph because her trichomes are much smaller than Blueberry. Zooming too close only makes blurred photos.

Before you give me your so appreciated counsel, i'd like to say that i'd like to harvest
- Blueberry : With the less amber possible, because she gives a very sleepy stone, and I don't wish to amplify that trait.
- Euphoria : She gives more of a head high, but I'd like to harvest with not so many amber trichomes (she's an indica after all).

So... I think I have 2 choices. Either harvest both this weekend, or the next one. This weekend would have been perfect as it's a long holiday weekend here.

So, whos says Wait! and who says Go! ???

Many thanks to y'all !

BP

Based on your criteria and the looks of the plants, I'd say "Go" - chop this weekend - But with one caveat: a proper flush. Have you been feeding plain water for a few days?

Based on your criteria and the looks of the plants, I'd say "Go" - chop this weekend - But with one caveat: a proper flush. Have you been feeding plain water for a few days?

I read in many places that you don't flush organics, that it is a paradigm from hydroponics. They were watered 3 days ago, with mild Bloom + catalyst. Is it preferable to chop the plants wet or recently watered ?

I should add that the plants received plain water (small amount of catalyst) for at least 10 days, and then I thought I should give em a little something so I reintroduced a little bloom. But I think they had the chance to "fade away", become yellow, and use every stored nutriment in the medium and the leaves...

I read in many places that you don't flush organics, that it is a paradigm from hydroponics. They were watered 3 days ago, with mild Bloom + catalyst. Is it preferable to chop the plants wet or recently watered ?

I should add that the plants received plain water (small amount of catalyst) for at least 10 days, and then I thought I should give em a little something so I reintroduced a little bloom. But I think they had the chance to "fade away", become yellow, and use every stored nutriment in the medium and the leaves...

I read that about organics also. All I can say is that I did almost the exact same as you...I had started a flush with plain water and small amount of Catalyst, then reverted to a single Bloom addition just before I chopped. My wife complains that the weed has an 'off' taste. Tastes fine to me, but I'm not much of a smoker. So, given the total mess that my grow was, there's probably a lot of reasons beyond the flush for them not to be tasting great. Also, the cure is only now getting close to being done, so the taste should improve.

So yeah, chop 'em!

I don't know the answer to wet or recently watered. Seems wet or watered means more dry time. And my (totally unscientific and unsupported) thinking would say that if they're drier, they should send moisture out of the stems to the buds, and thereby increase THC a little.

I read that about organics also. All I can say is that I did almost the exact same as you...I had started a flush with plain water and small amount of Catalyst, then reverted to a single Bloom addition just before I chopped. My wife complains that the weed has an 'off' taste. Tastes fine to me, but I'm not much of a smoker. So, given the total mess that my grow was, there's probably a lot of reasons beyond the flush for them not to be tasting great. Also, the cure is only now getting close to being done, so the taste should improve.

So yeah, chop 'em!

I don't know the answer to wet or recently watered. Seems wet or watered means more dry time. And my (totally unscientific and unsupported) thinking would say that if they're drier, they should send moisture out of the stems to the buds, and thereby increase THC a little.

Thanks MF. Since I plan to trim the buds wet, the buds ands stems will have the tendency to dry more quickly. I'll probably use my humidifier to keep the room ar 55% RH so it doesnt dry too quickly. I presume the plants should not be too dry to start with. I could water them tonight (even if they are not dry yet) with plain water and chop tomorrow or the day after.

Not sure about anything so I'll wait some more for opinions !
thx

Those are looking fire!

Man, It's all the encouragement I need !

PW, what do you think about giving water or not ? They are at 3 days, normally watered at 5. Tomorrow morning they'll be at 4.

This could be their last night, then. Amen.

My wife complains that the weed has an 'off' taste. Tastes fine to me, but I'm not much of a smoker. So, given the total mess that my grow was, there's probably a lot of reasons beyond the flush for them not to be tasting great. Also, the cure is only now getting close to being done, so the taste should improve.

Hey MF, by curiosity, how much time did your harvest take to dry before you started curing ? Did you have humidity control in the room and did they dry slowly, like 10-15 days ? I'm sure you did things right; did the drying process go like you wished ?

I plan on starting the drying at 50% RH for a few days, then something like 60% to slow things down. I'm very excited by this 1st time ever harvesting/drying/curing ;-)

Hey MF, by curiosity, how much time did your harvest take to dry before you started curing ? Did you have humidity control in the room and did they dry slowly, like 10-15 days ? I'm sure you did things right; did the drying process go like you wished ?

I plan on starting the drying at 50% RH for a few days, then something like 60% to slow things down. I'm very excited by this 1st time ever harvesting/drying/curing ;-)

I dried the first two plants in dark, concealed areas of my basement. The last two plants were dried in the tent with the door part way open. I didn't check the humidity level, but I'd guess it was about 50-60%, with temps in the mid-60's. I put a fan on the low setting about 10 feet away, just to have some air circulating, but not enough to dry them out. It took 7-10 days to get to where the smaller buds were cracking off the stem. Then into mason jars.

Yeah cool and dark minimum 7 days dry time is where I'm at basically i like at least 3 4 days of drying time before the leaves get dry after that when the smaller buds snap usually 7 to 12 days I finish trim and jar.
Last grow I had my soil was hot, so I flushed for 3 weeks, and I run organics, it's preference to flush or not to flush lol I like to use lemon juice to ph down too so it ads a little lemon flavor to all my buds

Back
Top Bottom