JimiGrows' Soil Blueberry - Regular - Journal - 2017 - First Grow

It's been a busy weekend and I realized today is day 60 of my grow.

I added a drip irrigation system to the flowering tent (which right now is used for veg). This made feeding them 2 gallons of liquid feed much easier.

Also did some LST on all the Blueberry plants, even the odd-ball. Tuesday evening I'm going to flip them over to flower.

The odd-ball seemed to like the LST and immediately started showing more growth areas
IMG_20170402_105321.jpg

The others look like they're showing some potentially good colas
IMG_20170402_105325.jpg

IMG_20170402_105312.jpg

IMG_20170402_105316.jpg

I flipped the 4 Blueberry plants over to flower today. Set them on a 12/12 schedule and replaced the MG bulb with the HPS bulb.

IMG_20170404_071521.jpg

The last minutes of veg

With that...
66192374.jpg

Put down your guesses as to what (if any) yield I'll have.

I'm going with 3oz dry. My reasoning is that it's my first grow, these are regular seeds (so 2 of them should be male), and they had a slow start.

I flipped the 4 Blueberry plants over to flower today. Set them on a 12/12 schedule and replaced the MG bulb with the HPS bulb.

IMG_20170404_071521.jpg

The last minutes of veg

With that...
66192374.jpg

Put down your guesses as to what (if any) yield I'll have.

I'm going with 3oz dry. My reasoning is that it's my first grow, these are regular seeds (so 2 of them should be male), and they had a slow start.

And away we go!!!

Everything with this grow is on autopilot. I need to make sure not to neglect it and start praying to the herb gods that a couple of these are female. Here they are after one week in flower.

Blueberry_1week_into_flower.jpg

Keep it up!
I love blueberry!
Im just finishing my CKS blueberry grow :)

The HotBox
I just made a post asking about people's cks blueberry would love to see pictures of it just look up cks blueberry comparison
Some of the leaves are looking a little light in color (yellow-ish, see pictures) and seem like they aren't growing much. I looked on the bag of soil (Pro-mix All Purpose) and it recommended feeding after 2 weeks. Is it OK to feed them at 1/4 strength at this point? I think my local garden store carries both FoxFarms and GeneralHydroponics:GO... now I need to get myself shoveled out from this blizzard.

It's 11 days into the flowering schedule. I gave them a once over to do some more/final LST. I noticed that one of them has what looks like, to my untrained eye, pollen sacks.

Guessing that this one is a male
IMG_073949.JPG
IMG_073844.JPG

The others aren't well defined, but seem to have white "hairs" starting to grow off of them. It's what I'd expect the pistils to look like, but I don't see a clear calyx. I had a hard time getting a focused picture of them, but here's an example of what the other 3 look like. The topmost node in this picture has the best view.

IMG_20170415_195904.jpg

Can anyone confirm what I'm seeing? I'd be thrilled if 3 out of 4 were female, especially since 2 of them were the best growing ones.

It's a male it's got balls lol

Thanks! I really looked at the other 3 this morning, following the white hairs down. I could clearly see calyx on 2 of them. The other one had the white hairs, but it looked like they were coming straight out of the crotch of the branches. Maybe they're super tiny. Maybe I have really bad eyes. Maybe both.

I'll be taking out the boy to the compost pile today :ciao:

Glad you asked about the male it would have made a lot of seeds in there just make sure it's dead before you put it in the compost cuz it will try to live

Hey sorry about the male. Get him out asap nice journal tho I have a 4x4 flower tent with a 600w also and I'm looking forward to seeing your girls flower.

Three-fourths of the plants that made it to flower were female so that's pretty good. I'm telling myself I'm at par since I lost 2 plants early and pretending I knew they were male ;)

I just subbed to your journal. You got a lot going on!

Glad you asked about the male it would have made a lot of seeds in there just make sure it's dead before you put it in the compost cuz it will try to live

Yeah, I was ready for 1 or 2 to be male based on percentages. Thanks for the tip about killing the plant before adding it to the compost. I don't want it to suck out the nutrients :) Gonna make a salad out of it :blalol:

Here's the weekly update of the 3 remaining Blueberries. Just feeding them according to the GO Box schedule. They may be getting some neighbors this week since my Sour Jack grow got too large. Three weeks in and buddin' :)

IMG_20170424_193340.jpg

IMG_20170424_193347.jpg

IMG_20170424_193343.jpg

IMG_20170424_193335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom