JimiGrows' Sour Jack Fem - Soil - Journal - 2017

Came home from a 5-day vacation to a (relative) ton of growth. One appears to be under watered. It's perking up since its feeding today (sorry for potato quality pics). The plan is to move 3 of them into the flowering tent tomorrow.

IMG_20170424_150606.jpg

IMG_20170424_143138.jpg

On the 25th I transplanted 3 of the SJs to their final 5 gallon pots and moved them into the flower tent. That was 45 days in veg. I picked the 2 that I topped first and one that started out with really weird growth patterns, but seems to have righted itself. They're now on 12/12 with the Blueberry girls.

The other 4 are staying in the veg tent until they outgrow it or I harvest the Blueberry. Ideally, I'd like to wait until I harvest the first round of SJ, too, but they seem to be growing really fast. I feel like this strain would do well with a ScrOG setup which I really want to build. In either case, I'll be topping them once more and LST'ing them there to get them as bushy as possible.

IMG_20170427_072753.jpg

3 SJ girls sent to flower (bottom right corner) with Blueberry (top left corner)

Here's a picture of the girls that are still vegging. Day 49. These will stay here until I can make room in the flower tent (after Blueberry harvest).

IMG_20170429_071858.jpg

#noruntleftbehind

Here are the 4 girls that are still in the veg tent. Just shrubbing (made a new word) away.

IMG_20170505_153422.jpg

It's getting crowded even with just the 4 of them. I'm thinking I may put the runt in the flower tent since I don't plan on cloning that particular plant. I think I can fit one more in there. I've even tried giving a couple of plants away, but the growers I know are full, too.

The 3 Sour Jack in flower are in the lower, right corner... stretching way more than the Blueberry did. I guess that's the famous sativa stretch :) I see small pistils on all 3 plants after 10 days on the 12/12 schedule.

IMG_20170506_092948.jpg

Dropcroptop, yes. I really wanted to do a scrog this grow, but the timing of the plants just wasn't going to work with it. When I get to a point where I can "reset" the flowering tent so that everything is on the same schedule, I'll definitely do it. I've got 6 other strains in queue, so it's just a matter of time :)

I had to travel this week and this was my veg tent when I got back...
IMG_20170512_154101.jpg

So sad. Fortunately a couple pints of water and a few hours later revived them!
IMG_20170513_070851.jpg

The SJ girls in flower are growing like crazy and buds started appearing on Wednesday (15 days of 12/12). It looks like the had a growth spurt or some sort of stress because it looks like they had a Ph deficiency. I've found that the SJ seem to be really sensitive to that. Otherwise they're doing well and taking over the tent. They're in the lower right:
IMG_20170513_065835.jpg

This one might be a polyploid of 2 units. I'll keep an eye on it.
IMG_20170513_070241.jpg

Not much to report on the SJ still in veg. They look healthy and are very bushy.

The SJ in flower really stretched. They seem to have a Phosphorus deficiency. The picture shows it pretty well. They've been really sensitive to the P level all the way through the grow. I'll be giving them someFlower Fuel later this week.

IMG_20170521_155921.jpg

It's great to see a proper SJ grow. Those ladies like to stretch and my tiny tent was not conducive. Your ladies look great :bravo:

Thanks, Golfer! I now have a real appreciation for the training you did of your SJ after witnessing the crazy growth first hand. I wish I had more space too :)

I'm here to observe Sour Jacks as well...Ordered what I believed to be Candy Cane from CKS...But may have got caught up in the mix up they had sometime ago...I have it as part of my CKS - DLF AKA Bae*d!s3
Check out Golfer's previous grow if you haven't already. He was caught up in CandyCaneGate, too.

So I'm having my first real issue with only one of the plants. The leaves are yellowing (or browning in lower parts) and clawing. Details are in the Yellow leaves and clawing thread.

I haven't talked about the girls that are still in the veg tent in a while. They're doing fine, even the runt. I wish I had space to start flowering them. Seeing how the first batch of SJ sprawled, I think I'll only be able to do 2 at a time in the 4ftx4ft tent. Once that tent is emptied from the current grow, I'll put 2 in 10 gallon pots in a Scrog. The other option is to go vertical with all 4. Not sure what I'll go with yet :scratchinghead:

Here are some pics from yesterday

IMG_20170529_182536.jpg

IMG_20170529_193755.jpg

IMG_20170529_193744.jpg

IMG_20170529_193821.jpg

The girls in flower (week 7) are doing well. One in particular is really producing some large buds. All of them have trichomes all over the place even on some pretty low fan leaves. Some of the pistils are darkening too.
420-magazine-mobile167638865.jpg

Is it possible to clone from a plant this late into flower?

Hey, Golfer, the scent switched from a lemony-diesel to a Skittles lime. Just like you described. It makes me drool every time I open the tent. Actually it's so powerful it makes my eyes water.

Also, here are pics of the buds. They're all 7 weeks into flower but at various stages of ripeness. Enjoy!

IMG_077959.JPG

IMG_077850.JPG

IMG_077458.JPG

IMG_077351.JPG

Back
Top Bottom