JimiGrows 4 Strain in Scrog - Indoor Soil

Yep, I'm going to keep weaving as needed. I want only a max of 4-6 inches above the screen.

Tips. I'm no pro, but here's what I've learned:
  • Make sure you do any weaving before you water. This means that if you have a branch that needs to move within a few days and you're about to water, do it right before you water.
  • Don't weave right after watering. Branches are too stiff (maybe up to a couple of days)
  • Go slow.
  • I wait until I've FIM'd or done the 2nd set of topping before lowering the screen
  • I like to make sure one plant isn't blocking the light for another. Remove the really obnoxious fan leaves if you need.
  • If in soil, have a hose, drip system, or really long wand watering device. You won't be able to get to the container.
That's all I can think of right now...
Love it thank u now I'm doing hydroponic so she's will b watered everyday I'll take her slow she's two weeks old checkout the grow is the gorilla glue scrog grow in my tags she has bin topped twice in her two weeks and is growing great

Thank you Jim I would love to have a look at that I enjoy reading and learning new things all the time I just posted new pictures of my gorilla glue she has been double tapped and pinched at Every node site hopefully within the week I'll have the Scrog set up

I think the girls have had enough veg time. They look big enough and they're 46 days from germination. Out of my 3 grows, these all look like they got bigger in a shorter amount of time. Other grows I've let go until a full 8 weeks in veg. (Note to self, only do 3 plants next grow... and go biiiiig). So tonight, I'm flipping the switch to 12/12 and changing the light bulb.

Latest growth

Let the fun begin! :cheer:

Sorry I haven't posted more. I was traveling for work. Have to work to pay the electric bills :)

Last week (for reference)

Having been gone for a week, the garden turned into an unkempt jungle (last night).

Then I tidied it up a bit and did some defoliation

The Somango XXL is getting sticky all over the place, even on the base of the main stem. No signs of pistils yet.

I'm going to take some clippings today for clones and get those started. I'll show that process in a separate post in the next couple of days.

Garden is now 54 days in, 7 of those in flower. Did some minor weaving and defoliation.

The first signs of pistils are in today!

I also took clones from each of the plants. They're now in the little garden in 24hr light. It's a 150W CFL that I had laying around. Now we wait to see roots outside of the pellet.

The pellets without anything in them actually have decorative flower seeds in them. Maybe I'll get some nice decorations for my porch, too.

Cool setup mate. You got a wide space to grow your plants. I will get a bigger tent for my next grow. 60x60cms cabinet is simply not enough...
Thanks, @TriangleCheese ! Yeah, that size space can make for some tough work for 2 plants or even 1 plant. Good luck with it. If you have the room and budget, I definitely recommend a 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m tent. Then you can use the smaller one just for cloning and veg. (Also, checkout @golfer420 's posts about growing in a really cramped cabinet.)

All the plants are in stretch mode and throwing pistils. The good thing about the Bubblelicious is that they don't stretch much and I'm not as worried about space for growth. The bad thing about the Bubblelicious is that they don't stretch much and I have to remove a number of fan leaves for light to get through. The Maui Waui is doing its sativa thing and going all over the place. Wonder Woman and Somango are somewhere in between the BBL and the Maui Waui in terms of stretch.

Before some weaving and trimming last night

After maintenance

The cuttings I took for clones haven't died, so I think they're good. Only certain once I see roots coming out of the pellets.

It's quite a jungle. I tried to bend the tallest one in the back. The stem kind of collapsed like when you're trying to Super Crop. I'm hoping that's as far as the damage went and left the stem in place. I watered with a little unsulphered molasses and MgCl since some bottom leaves were yellowing and spotting.

6 more weeks or so to go! That'll be a great way to end July.

This week I was traveling for business so I couldn't provide updates. I came home to a jungle. They keep stretching. It's now heading into the 3rd week of flower so I think we're almost out of the woods with that. Last night I gave them some molasses and a half serving of General Organics CaMg+, BioThrive Bloom, Bio Marine, and Bio Bud. I also pruned a fair amount of fan leaves that were blocking light on the lower areas.

Back
Top Bottom