Jinn's Coco Hempy Harem 2014

So pineapple is yellowing again, Ill get pics up shortly. But shes yellowing starting from the center, out. Her leaves are drooping downward, but im not sure if that is an issue/side effect, or if its just genetics because Ive had indicas with their fat little leaves, just curling because they couldnt support the weight of their leaves yet.

Ive been watering them with distilled water (0014ppm) ph'd at 5.8, every 3 days and and just finished flushing pineapple because it was the only thing I could think of.
Before the flush, I checked the run off from pineapple and it was sitting at 7.4ph 205ppm, after, it was 6.8ph 104ppm.

CSSH on the other hand, shes got an ever so slight twist in one leaf, and a few tiny tiny water droplet burns but is praising the LED sun God, looking great!

Any suggestions?

here are the pics I promised
IMG_185419.JPG

CCSH
IMG_185220.JPG

CSSH
IMG_185116.JPG

PineappleChunk
IMG_185017.JPG

PineappleChunk

ok after throwing a few more gallons of water through them, I got both overflows to ph at 6.4 which is what im more comfortable seeing.
I think the ph imbalance probably caused all the horrible things happening to my babies.
First grow in a decade, rusty as hell, the little things get you.... (like when water is evaporating out of your res because your tent is a constant 82deg, your ph goes wonky.)

hopefully this solved the problem, we'll see if things get worse I guess =/
If anyone has any input, it would be very much appreciated!

watering plants like that all the time is stressful, especially for young plants. give them some time.

im going to let her sit a few more days, see if she pulls through, but Im honestly thinking about just scrapping her and starting one of my white widow beans.
This pineapple chunk has just been a mile behind my CSSH the whole grow.

you're never going to get anywhere growing like that. plants won't start building above the soil until the taproot hits the bottom of the container and settles. since you started in big containers it's going to take a bit. they look good, I say wait it out.

coco actually holds water well so you can and should wait a couple days between waterings.

you're never going to get anywhere growing like that. plants won't start building above the soil until the taproot hits the bottom of the container and settles. since you started in big containers it's going to take a bit. they look good, I say wait it out.

coco actually holds water well so you can and should wait a couple days between waterings.
thanks for your input.:thanks:

Happy Skunkday Jinn:).....your pineapple chunk looks way way better than mine.....mine is laying on its side....i planted another one yesterday so i will leave the one thats laid over until this new one is ready to transplant:):Namaste:

I hope your next pineapple does much better man, and that you enjoyed your weekend!
Looks like both of my girls are doing 1000% better after flushing them. Pineapple chunk is getting her 2nd set of true leaves and has gotten her deep green color back (in the non damaged parts of her leaves), and CSSH is popping out her 3rd set of true leaves already.

I had been watering them very sparingly as to not drown them/ruin something but I didn't factor in: low humidity + awesome extraction fan + constant 82-84 degree temps = evaporation and concentration of whatever has been leeched out of my pre-charged coco.
Evidently, a gallon @ 1/8 str of my nutes across several gallons of medium has FAR more than enough power to cause chaos when not watered more heavily in one sitting, as opposed to my several light waterings through the day.

So lesson learned, if you're going to pre-charge your coco keep an eye on it, or suffer like me lol.

Day 13:
IMG_186123.JPG

CSSH
IMG_186217.JPG

CSSH
IMG_186322.JPG

Pineapple Chunk
IMG_186420.JPG

Pineapple Chunk

As you can see, there is a HUGE difference between my plants in terms of health and color CSSH is just getting her 4th set of leaves to pop up, and pineapple is pushing up her third set, Im happy the flush worked:cheer:

even the bottom pe leaves turned healthy.. she'll keep em. they're strong when young looking real good dude. you can treat coco like soil, they even put it in dirt to make "moisture control mix" :high-five:

I can tell a big differencce using my wifes aerogarden 7 than the 3......i already have a tap root coming down out of the plug after 2 days.....the other was in the aerogarden for like a week or better with no roots at all:(...now we know:)
i think this new one should be about 2 weeks behind yours if i am right.....still anxious for the side by side difference between our mediums.....i forget....what lights are you using?

started germing the 1st,I had taproot on the 3rd , i had sprouts on the 5th.
Im currently using the Mars II 1200,(595w actual draw or thereabouts ill use my kil-a-watt later to find out) and a 50/50 coco/perlite mix.
GH nutes using the Lucas formula, silica, azomite, sulfur free molasses, cal-mag, and the tears of our enemies.

That makes this a three way comparison then! Because Im growing pineapple to see the difference in power between the 700 and 1200 based off of Gov's pineapple chunk grow under the mars 700.
He used a perlite/vermiculite mix hempy, Im using coco/perlite hempy, and you're DWC/clay pebbles/water farm.

I think it gives a good show of how the plants react differently in different mediums, at different points in their lives.
Little things like this give us a huge knowledge base for individual strains, that we could eventually make into stickies here for the forum.

I think it would be awesome if after the holiday season, (i.e. the first of the year or later lol) we get as many 420'ers as we can growing the same strain under different conditions.

Man that would be cool.....good idea...have to start putting the word out and seeing how many we can get interested....but even 3 at a time should be a good comparison of different mediums, growing styles, nutes, etc....:)

oh and my new pc popped her head out and is trying to straighten up to reach for the light:):)

Man that would be cool.....good idea...have to start putting the word out and seeing how many we can get interested....but even 3 at a time should be a good comparison of different mediums, growing styles, nutes, etc....:)

oh and my new pc popped her head out and is trying to straighten up to reach for the light:):)

Congrats man! Im sure she'll have a much better time.

Back
Top Bottom