Jinn's Coco Hempy Harem 2014

Looking good Jinn:).....my pineapple popped up today.....just shed the outer shell....hopefully open tomorrow....now i just need to post the pics:)
Glad to hear it! Now that you're growing it, you'll magically start seeing every other journal that is growing it lmao.

They are off to a good start :)

I am following two led grows right now, yours and Antics and I want to learn as much as I can from them. Ordered my set just this week, it will take quite some time to arrive but thats not a problem, got to suck in as much info as I can in this period :)

Hopefully I can help out a bit, Ill try to document as much as possible too mate!
=====

Speaking of pics, I have to take more tomorrow because I changed my tent set up.
and I'm going to take a second and explain why:

CAUTION
If you are lazy when you set up, you will set up again. And probably one last time for good measure.

I was too lazy to fully brace and glue the support stand holding my filter, as such, when I was messing about with the power behind my tent, my filter/fan decide to commit suicide and jump.
Luckily, my girls were missed, and after about an hour of my cursing, cutting myself (little annoying metal cuts) and sweating like a whore in church,
I finally got everything set up again.
The filter, I tied off to the roof and put the exhaust fan outside, at the rear of the tent.

Had I spent 15 more minutes during set up, this could have been avoided, don't be lazy.

I know exactly what you mean!!! I setup my !@%é! room 2-3 years back by just throwing stuff in there and it has been a pain allover! When you look at the pictures it does not seem all that bad but it can be a disaster working in there, things falling down, cutting me, worse hurting the grow just plain wrong!! So rep to you to stop take the time and fix things before they get out of hand :)

I think I am actually going to take time this weekend and fix the room up. Your mishap has been a good reminder to me also, thanks :)

It really was worth it. I mean I wanted to throw the fucking exhaust through the drywall, but I took a second, wiped my brow, and set to work.

I'm seriously lucky it happened now, and not later. Because had this happened in two weeks, my girls would've been crushed and mangled and 3 weeks of my life would've been down the drain.
Its a bit of a wake up for me too, Ive let my military training slip way too much little things like that are the ones that get you =p

Well, another day in paradise and here are your update pictures!
Day 3:

silver2.JPG
pineapple6.JPG

First one is CSSH second is Pineapple Chunk.
Also, got my drying box finished today, Ill be posting a diy thread for it here in a bit.
Hope everyone is having a lovely day! :Namaste:
IMG_178719.JPG

To be honest the discipline was 90% muscle memory, that last 10% is equal parts biting your tongue, and false motivation.
:volcano-smiley:

I second that Jinn:)......biting my tongue was my problem when i was in......didnt get in any major trouble but definately got put in my place more than a few times......but to be honest it was only when they were being idiots......i dont have much patience for idiots no matter the rank.....never got busted....thank goodness:)

heres a pic of my Pineapple chunk:)
0071418.JPG

Couple of thoughts that come to mind :
  • Antics had some problems using the led so soon in the plants life. I don't know anything about led I am learning from his experiences so maybe the cfl's might be a better choice for the first 2-3 weeks?????
  • If I were you I would not even use the exhaust fan right now :) just open a bottom flap and a bit from the zipper on top and let nature take its course for now. But having speed control might come in handy in the future because I still think that fan is going to be overkill even in the future :)

From what it looks like, the fault was mine. It appears I had a combination of PH problems, along with nute deficiencies/lockout and/or nute burn. The LEDs DO work when used right. For Veg, they suggest 18-24" for my manufacturer, I've had mine at 17" for 2 days now, with no problems.

As you were, Gentlemen!

I second that Jinn:)......biting my tongue was my problem when i was in......didnt get in any major trouble but definately got put in my place more than a few times......but to be honest it was only when they were being idiots......i dont have much patience for idiots no matter the rank.....never got busted....thank goodness:)

heres a pic of my Pineapple chunk:)
0071418.JPG

I wonder how many more pineapple chunks are gonna pop up around these forums =p
Glad to see your new sig is working too!

day 4: Ill get pics up tomorrow, not too much is going on as you can imagine. However Silver, being the over-achiever looks like she is already putting up a 2nd set of true leaves. Ill get some pics up tomorrow so everyone can take a look.

Day 5: Got my new fan, and light pulley today, so I got the tent in working order and took some more pics.
The girls are most definitely enjoying LED light, I really wish this tech was around ten years ago -.-

heres the good stuff:

the tent:
IMG_179815.JPG

CSSH
IMG_179721.JPG

CSSH
IMG_180016.JPG

Pineapple
IMG_179619.JPG

Pineapple
IMG_179914.JPG

Edit: my light is at 22" from the girls if anyone is curious.

Thanks mate, I'm running all LED now, I keep two cfl bulbs in there just to light it up when i take pictures.
To be honest, I didn't need the CFLs at all, but I really just wanted to be super careful with bleaching.

Understood :) Well even if its only for photos still does not hurt to have spares in the grow room!!!

Aint that the truth, Ive got 8 6500k, and 4 2500k cfls just in case things get hairy.

Thanks for the updates. I'm still waiting on my seeds to come in for my first grow, but your notes about not being lazy and sorting the tent out right from the beginning is a good idea. I'll be taking this time to make sure I do that and get it right. I appreciate the updates and look forward to your progress.

Thanks for the updates. I'm still waiting on my seeds to come in for my first grow, but your notes about not being lazy and sorting the tent out right from the beginning is a good idea. I'll be taking this time to make sure I do that and get it right. I appreciate the updates and look forward to your progress.

I appreciate it mate I'll keep the updates coming, and I'll be completely candid with any and all of my fuck ups, so everyone else can benefit!
What strain(s) are you going to be starting out with?

I follow a similar mantra; being honest about my fuckups and such so that anyone reading can avoid my mistakes. I make some corkers sometimes as well lol

Back
Top Bottom