Jonwayne's Bag Seed - Rookie Grow - Winter 2015 Journal

Great news, number 2 showed some signs of sex today. And it looks like im 2/2 on females, witch is great because it's the only two I have left. So I'll be finishing this flower out with my two ladies unless I have a hermie (fingers crossed). Update pictures later

Probably only a handful of other places haha
Here are a few I took when the lights came on, im gonna have to break the camera out and ditch these phone photos.
20160115_201728.jpg

20160115_201721.jpg

Having problems uploading the close ups, I'll try again later.

So im putting an order in on some nutrients finally. But there is so many that promise so many things. Would you guys Care to shed some light on the question.
What would be a good nute for my little girls in the set up I have? Something simple easy to use preferred. I done want to jump the gun and get monster bud juice or some crap that don't even apply to my grow lol just want healthy thick buds when there finished. All they have had so far is water and a little MG very little MG at that.

Well on the nutrients, I went with jungle juice micro,grow,bloom pack. It had decent reviews and a decent price. They should be here tomorrow, I'll keep you updated on how the girls react to it so late on the grow.

Finally my local store has put there growing supplies back in stock. Found some perlite, root powder, earthworm castings, moisture gauge and superthrive. Yes I could have ordered it I know, but buying local helps my community and my ass. My better half can't track the cash I spend at the store, like she keeps track of the $ I use making online orders haha good things to come guys, im getting better at this indoor thing you guys do so well here.

Ok here are a few photos the day after giving the big girl some bloom nutrients.
Buds are filling out nicely so far, growing by the day.

20160121_213323.jpg

20160121_213313.jpg

20160121_213306.jpg

20160121_213244.jpg

Again sorry for the upside down photos, here is one of the plants in the veg box also looking nice, just topped.
20160121_213244.jpg

20160121_213238.jpg

Can I get some input on moisture levels in my soil. I have a gauge now but no clue on the base lines...

Many would say those gauges are somewhat useless. If you haven't read it yet, I strongly encourage you to read Emilya "How to water properly" link in my signature.

Though I prefer to actually weigh my pots so I know exactly how much water weight is in them. We were constantly second guessing ourselves when we were just lifting and guessing.

Yea Im always in a hurry seems like, I need to slow down and start editing them before I upload. Yea it didn take me long to realize the moisture reader was useless, hey anything to make watering easier right, just not this gauge haha. Im just gonna stick with weighing my small pots and tracking the water line in my big pots. It seems that it has worked well for me this far. Ive read emilya's blog on watering potted plants, my techniques are based off from it. I've got a good routine down on watering now unlike before when it was guess work, and was drowning all my plants.

Here are a few close up pics I snapped earlier messing with a microscope.

20160122_013653.jpg

20160122_013545.jpg

20160122_013512.jpg

Yea they do, im really enjoying it. Got off to a rough start to, im focusing mainly on not over watering and not giving to many or to much nutes. My plan was to give nutes one cycle then plain water the next, alternating that way. Is that the way it should be done, or can you feed them nutrients up until a few weeks before harvest? I've read so many different methods, I could use a little help there. I want to keep my girls happy and healthy lol

I hear you JW. I remember agonizing over it, second guessing myself hour by hour...

I think part of the issue is that it's so unique to each setup. If you have one plant under a 1000w HPS with 1000w of LED side lighting and another 1000w of CFL boosters (and let's throw in a couple UVA/UVB lights for more fun) it'll use different amounts of water and nutrients than if it was a more hobbyist type setup.

Our choices appeared to be; either wait for deficiencies to show up and then give nutes, or give nutes and wait to see if toxicities showed up. Which to chose is unsurprisingly hotly debated. We planned to give very light and only every second time we watered, but ended up giving full strength nutes for most of their lives, every watering until the last two weeks. That said, we started with a single 125w CFL, two weeks later moved to a Spider 4x, and ended up a month after that with 2 mars II 900s for the same plants, so it seemed obvious to me they'd be pushed farther than we originally intended and we could go harder with them.

Only way you'll know for sure is to try. Wish I had a better answer for you, maybe someone else will but I never got one.

I get where your coming from, that makes perfect since, i just started giving them nutrients really this past cycle. I think im gonna go 2 cycles on nutes and 1 cycle off and sew how they react. I only give half strength nutes this firat time to, im gonna slowly get them to 100% here in the next few watering cycles. So the question really is, witch is less stress for the plant to have not enough nutrients or too much nutrients ayy lol im taking it easy until I find out. I also asked emilya for her input on it, in my other thread. Id guess this is more of a personal preference, plant preference, and or strain preference. On what they like and can handle. I'll take all the help I can get and then figure it out with my situation and set up. Maybe see if I can find some personal experiences with my exact nutes and similer plants. Thanks for the input arteekay.

Up until last week I was only using MG ferts in moderation, through seedling and vegitive stages. Update now that im coming up on my 3rd week in flower. Im now using Jungle juice's 3 part nutes (micro, grow,flower) every other feeding, between those feedings im gonna start using 1 tsp. Per. US. Gallon of blackstrap molasses in ph balanced 6.5 tap water. Any advice or input appreciated. Stay tuned to see how this first time, indoor grow that struggled alot at the beginning pans out!

Yeah there doin good, only thing is big one is loosing a few leaves do to yellowing and falling off. Nothing major, I just think it's a little early for that yet, not got to really feed her any nutes yet. Im thinking she may need a little more nitrogen to get it on through. It just hasn't dried out enough to feed again yet though. I think it's day 7 or 8 from her last watering. And oh yea I'll get some good bud shots posted up here in a day or two, there filling out nicely.

I've been studying a little on harvesting. What I've got from it, is 10 days before harvest is a good round about number to start flushing plants at. I plan on harvesting @ the peak THC point, from what I've seen is 80-90% amber and milky/cloudy colored trics. Is that right? So I know I should pull at that point, but @ what point, and how can you determine when you only have 10 days or so left? Needing to know what to look for, to start flushing? This is my first time so I don't know what to expect, or how quick things can change indoors. Things can change Really quick from what I've seen thus far compared to outdoor lol

Back
Top Bottom