Kali Mist CFL Scrog Grow Journal - 05-19-13

I've never done a journal online. Thought about it plenty, but I tend to think a lot...very slowly:bong:. I do have some photos that I uploaded into my gallery that you can check out if you'd like. I just cut down my last grow (2 Skywalkers 3 Sour D) for the season and will hopefully (if the landlord gods are kind) start up again some time in September--gets really hot where I live. It's nothing special, just some lst bending on 3 and full 70's bush for the other two ladies. They're all hanging in the tent now. I do alright, but there are journals here that completely blow me away--never been close to 1lbs per plant indoors! I'll put some more photos up of the dry, cure, finished weight and maybe organize myself for an all out journal next time. I have been flirting w/ the idea of going Scrog next time. For now, I'm sponging what I can from you and some of the others around here.:reading420magazine:

Ya there are a ton of great journals here, wish I had more time to read them all. There's so many :lot-o-toke: being this is my first grow I have no idea what kind of yield I'm going to get but I read 2 oz dry per square foot so I'm shooting for that, nowhere near a lb lol. Sour D is great a personal fav of mine, we have a ton of that around my area. Never heard of skywalker before :confused: never heard the term full 70's gonna have to look into that when I have some time.

lol no worries on the journal, I understand what your going through. Personally, I'm pretty paranoid with LEO and what not requesting someones IP address from 420 mag, I just figured they don't have the resources to pursue it or wouldn't go after someone for a few plants, but you never know. It was a big decision though that required a lot of thought between my wife and I. Their crooked as hell where I'm from, so you can never be too careful. Not sure what your reasons are but I'm sure their good :).

I'm probably gonna LST my next grow or the one after. I've seen some pics of c99 LST high defoliation with 9 week veg times that yielded a lb dry, couldn't believe it but the pics told the story unless he exaggerated the time frame. Of course it was 4.5ft tall lol. the colas were massive and looked to be 2 ft long, was insane. I surely don't have the height for it but i want to experiment with it nonetheless. I figure my first 10 grows will be experiments to learn from and then after I'll decide what suits me best. I'll definitely check out the pics I'm interested :)

Just saw your pics, Your plants look amazing :thumb:, I love looking at massive colas lol. it appeals to me a lot more than a bunch of tiny colas, I wonder what the difference in potency is? I've topped so many times I'm not expecting it to be as potent as an LST. The tent is pretty nice too, wish I could afford one lol.... One day :)

Afternoon everyone and Happy Skunk day. Been doing a lot of research this morning on HPS lighting, hopefully very soon after I complete my research my new setup will consist of a dimmable 600w HPS lights with cool tubes. because I'm in the middle of flower I dont want to make any modifications to my cabinet and I'm thinking the setup will go something like this....
Carbon Scrubber -> HPS Cool Tube -> ducting to S&P 100x, I hope 130CFM is adequate to pull this off and I don't have too much heat build up. I'm open to any thoughts, please chime in :) thanks.

After reading King John's journal and seeing how he had a thermometer on the inside of his cabinet door, It seemed like a good idea and I did the same, I mounted it about 2/3 of the way from the top and just found out my cabinet temps are 98.7F!!! the base of my cabinet where the thermometer originally was is only 84F huge difference. Temp at screen level is 94F. My bedroom temperature is 81F, Total actual CFL wattage 450. after seeing the temp reading in my cabinet I'm freaking out and unsure how to cope with these temp readings. I would hate to have a bad harvest for such a long veg and flowering time apx 4months

Right now cabinet doors are wide open, but this is not practical for me and would cause problems if i miss lights off not to mention smell

speaking of smell I'm guessing these temp problems have been this way since I switched to bigger CFL's the plants had a strong odor in veg and since flower the odor is practically non existent. Really worried here...

IMG_5130_1_.JPG

sure do like what you got going on there Crimson!
love me a scrog and your off to a great start!
are you going to take off all the leaves under the screen?

Fish cake thank you for the kind words, I was able to read part of your journal, the results your getting is truly amazing. If you think I should defoliate under the screen I'll go ahead and do so. I did a defoliation yesterday and between the heat stress I'm just now finding out about, Do you think I should wait to defoliate below the screen?

Hi Alex, when I checked on the girls this morning after the defoliation they didn't seem bothered by the defoliation at all. I noticed they did quite a bit more stretching though, maybe due to the heat stress

welcome back John, I have a 6" 240 CFM inline fan that might work, problem is the fan screams and is just too noisy so its stowed away till I can find a use for it, based on what you said I'll try to research some sort of a muffler system for it and possibly a 5gal bucket carbon scrubber. My wife got home today and said the entire apartment reeks of bud from leaving my cabinet doors open all day. Not good since LEO lives upstairs.

I really have my heart set on an ipower 600w dimmable HPS/MH cooltube light. The tube is 6" in diameter, I was gonna run it at 50% power

good weed Crimson:)
wait till the third week of flower to take the lower stuff off

good weed Crimson:)
wait till the third week of flower to take the lower stuff off

Thank you Sir Fish :) I'll be sure to do that, 1 week to go. I like to understand the logic behind things. Do you defoliate below the screen to improve air flow, prevent mold, and so that the plant doesn't waste energy on popcorn bud below the screen?

I'm lolipopping all the small little tops below the screen too correct?

Yeah Crimson anything below the screen is wasted energy and airflow is big. if it is not above the screen bye bye.
also if the node spacing is more than 1 1/2" that goes too. your scrog looks great!

Hi fishcake, sorry to ask so many questions. I just checked out my cabinet and discovered just about every single top and branch in there has internodal spacing over 2", some as much as 5" :thedoubletake: I know before 12/12 the internodal spacing was very tight and compact, should I still clip off the branches with over 1 1/2" spacing below, that hasn't made it to the screen yet by week 3?

I'm thinking out loud here, being that I just did a partial defoliation 2 days ago, do you think I should defoliate today or tomorrow so I don't stress her out after she's recovered from the last defoliation, that way she can focus more energy on bud production?

I trust your judgement and will follow your advice, I just thought I should put that out there :) Looking forward to hearing from you

Howdy Crimson:) what I do may not always be Gospel so read as much as you can and see if what I say makes sense before you let me fuck your grow up or at least think I did:)
if by week 3 of flower and its not above the screen I would take it off. if it is above the screen and the node spacing is ifffy leave it.most of the time I just leave anything above the screen unless it is obvious that its not worth it. you use your judgement. after all your the one that matters most:)
I like to take the under growth a little here a little there rather then all at once. Some folks have great success with the 21 day and 45 day defol. thats cool but I aint real big on it after the third week. only taking what just has to go.
hope that helps my friend:)

Hiya fish, sounds like we think alike. I've been defoliating here and there since veg, Kali mist seems to appreciate it. I don't point fingers, so if anything did happen to get messed up I take full responsibility for it, besides.... these first 10 grows are for shits n giggles and as a total learning experience :) I'll take it seriously by winter when I plan on going full out on all the gears n what not.

Right now I'm picking your brain dry along with everyone else >=] I truly have a lot of respect for you. You are wise and your grows reflect that :)

I feel like I have a good idea which branches are gonna produce and which ones wont... My gut says take 90% of the crap tops out below the screen tomorrow morning or this evening... I got some branches well above the screen that I feel aren't going to give me much but I'll be leaving those alone and see if I'm right or not. I appreciate you taking the time to swing over and answer my questions along with everyone else on 420 magazine. I never expected to receive even a fraction of the support.. Thank you Sir Fish and everyone else as well :)

Your Welcome:) Generally by the third week of flower your girls stop growing tall and put the love to the bud. Sativas are different but near the same. so it goes with the dominate side of the strain.
A lot of folks learned me here but you need to take all that Info and make what works best for you:) the wheel is built you just got to find a way to make it spin.

Back
Top Bottom