Kali Mist CFL Scrog Grow Journal - 05-19-13

Good morning everyone, I started defoliating and lollipopping my plants this morning, I've always been fond of the idea of removing lower branching tops that would form popcorn buds so that my girls can focus all their energy into colas above the screen. Any top that is not receiving light at and below the screen has been removed. I counted 50 so far and still removing more. I'm currently removing all fan leaves below the screen but maybe a few. I've read Indicas react best to defoliation, my girls are sativa, so we'll see how this goes.

I think there is some confusion among people what the difference between defoliation and lollipoping is.

From my understanding and please correct me if I'm wrong Defoliation is the removal of fan leaves to promote more light to side branches, nodes, and tops to maximize yield. Sometimes in defoliation side branches are removed as well. Lollipopping is a technique used to remove 2/3 of all the lower branches and tops to promote a higher bud density into the main colas for a higher yield.

IMG_5196_1_.JPG

the picture really does no justice to show just how many side branches have been removed but its fairly easy to count up to 40

your girls will thank you in so many ways:)

I increased darkness by 30 mins currently at 12hr 30min off

Before and after pics of full defoliation on second plant (right side of screen) and the mostly defoliated second plant (left side), she has about 20 or so midsized to larger fan leaves. Pictures are from left to right of the screen.

Kali Mist Flower Day 8 ....... Total Days 52 - 07/08/13

Before defoliation

IMG_51671.JPG
IMG_51651.JPG
IMG_51645.JPG

After defoliation

IMG_5212.JPG
IMG_5210.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_52061.JPG
IMG_52251.JPG

IMG_5205.JPG

Very good hats off to u for being so erm ......scissor happy? :)

Hi Alex, I had to man up lol, was very hard for me to take out all those leaves. After the fact I think I went too far, I was reading another members walkthrough on high defoliation he said any fan leaf connected directly to any newly developing bud site shouldn't be plucked. Its really good actually, here's the link. Increasing yield with defoliation indoors - What's it mean? How to do it?

it should be interesting to see how the 2 plants grow being that 1 is not fully defoliated.

nice job Crimson!

nice job Crimson!

Thank you fish cakes :)

Excellent grow, just finished reading! I'm still in preparatory phase, hope to be starting in a couple weeks. +reps for great grow! and subbed.

Hi Dharma and welcome. Thank you for the kind words, I'll be sure to drop by your journal as well.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::) good weed Crimson!

I went straight to 14/10 light schedule via wizhigh recommendation from another grow journal. I'm watering the girls with straight water for a week or so. The last 2 watering cycles had intense dark yellow/orange colored run off, had me worried there might be excessive nutes in the soil. Plant is fine though no burns at all.

The leaves have started growing profusely. I'm guessing in reaction to the high defoliation, currently contemplating whether or not to defoliate daily (only the biggest fan leaves) or wait and defoliate at day 45.

Kali Mist Flower Day 15 ....... Total Days 58 - 07/15/13

[video=youtube;APXFThxS0hU]
[/video]

wonderful pics Crimson:)

Good Weed to you Crimson:)

Back
Top Bottom