Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

No RO water to cook? I usually used 2 gallons after mixing Doc Bud organic mix bale of promix and let it cook for 30days +
Cheers

My bad, completely forgot to mention it, I am getting older smh šŸ˜‚

I used 3 gallons of pure water (0 ppm RO water) with bti (1 mosquito dunk soaked overnight) throughout the process to make sure it soaked into everything.

As people can see, you donā€™t want to use a lot of water. Just enough to get everything moist and moving. Depending on how it looks when I dump the bins to remix I may add an additional gallon or 2. Thereā€™s not a lot of real specific measurements or actions.

If you're going with Geoflora you won't need to spike it. It goes right on top and watered in. I suppose spikes would work but I wonder how long it would hang in for you before it gets depleted.

The spikes are really just a bonus. At 10-15 gallons thereā€™ll be enough nutrition and carbon in the pot to make it through with EWC spikes, especially if I layer. Looking at the Geoflora though, itā€™s more granulated which I think will degrade its efficacy as a spike. I think Iā€™ll spike one pot with it just to see what happens. The other pots will get a mix of Stonington blend, EWC, and perlite. Then I think Iā€™ll give the blue Thai revs spikes just to compliment the genetics. May as well play around and have a little fun!

@Gee64 what is your total volume of spike mix for each spike in a 10 gallon?
I use 16" tall pots. I put 4 spikes in to about 14" deep and I use a piece of bamboo to poke the holes.

I wiggle the bamboo around to make a hole pretty close to 3/4" around and gently pull the bamboo out.

If any dirt falls in i rebore it.

Then I fill the hole until its about 3/8" from the top so I have a divot to drip water into to wet the spike.

Each hole ends up holding 2-2.75 slightly rounded tablespoons.

Sometimes it will hold over 3 so I stop at 3 but not often.

Dont forget the divot. It makes wetting them so much easier. Some ingredients will repel water like trying to stir Nestles Quick into milk.

Nice mix Keffka!
@Gee64 I use 4 spikes that are about 1/4 cup each in a 10. 2v 2f
Mostly the spike size is dependant on how big and how long you will grow your plants.

I try for 8 tbsp per pot which I just checked and thats 1/2 cup per 10gal. Quite often its closer to 10 tbsp/pot.

When I dissect the rootballs its pretty much all gone.

Sometimes you can see a bit left but not really.

But everyones soil mix is different too so spike size can vary greatly from one person to the next.

I use that much because thats the smallest hole I can bore and not have it cave in.

Mostly the spike size is dependant on how big and how long you will grow your plants.

I try for 8 tbsp per pot which I just checked and thats 1/2 cup per 10gal. Quite often its closer to 10 tbsp/pot.

When I dissect the rootballs its pretty much all gone.

Sometimes you can see a bit left but not really.

But everyones soil mix is different too so spike size can vary greatly from one person to the next.

I use that much because thats the smallest hole I can bore and not have it cave in.

How big and how long are your plants running? I plan on training heavily (2-3 toppings for a manifold) running a 60 day Veg and an average of 10 week flower, possibly a little shorter since theyā€™re indicas

How big and how long are your plants running? I plan on training heavily (2-3 toppings for a manifold) running a 60 day Veg and an average of 10 week flower, possibly a little shorter since theyā€™re indicas
I plant into 10gals at about 2 weeks old and hopefully day 56 is flip, but it varies a bit, then 72 days of flower.

I manifold to 8 tops plus I grow 2 clone branches to about a foot long before I cut them off.

If it all works out perfectly I flip them on day 56 and they are 18" tall. At harvest they are about 32-36" tall.

It rarely works out perfectly though.

Usually 2 or 3 tops are runts so off they come before flip and usually a few rogues grow super big.

I agree with the training bro, but to be honest think topping the plant more then 1 time is just setting you back. I understand what you are trying to do. Just once, 5 th node. Will get you a monster plant with your soil mix that I think you will kill it in.
Definitely recommend the longer veg you recommended k, can't have big yield if you don't fill out your canopy

The secret sauce is vegging as long as you can in 1/2 gal or gallon. If you established a solid root base in to containers..1 month..you will have extra side branching and overall bigger yield..can't go solo to 5 gallon unless you're Colamonster..
Cheers , I'm done rapping..lol

I agree with the training bro, but to be honest think topping the plant more then 1 time is just setting you back. I understand what you are trying to do. Just once, 5 th node. Will get you a monster plant with your soil mix that I think you will kill it in.
Definitely recommend the longer veg you recommended k, can't have big yield if you don't fill out your canopy

The secret sauce is vegging as long as you can in 1/2 gal or gallon. If you established a solid root base in to containers..1 month..you will have extra side branching and overall bigger yield..can't go solo to 5 gallon unless you're Colamonster..
Cheers , I'm done rapping..lol

If you're not pulling down 7 to 9 zips a plant. It's not your medium, not environment. It's length of veg with establish root base..( least 3 weeks before flip) you will have tiny plants without the 1 gallon

If Iā€™m running from seed, it will always be at least a 54 day Veg if not 60. The length of Veg and maturity of the plant can really impact the final resin and terpene production of the plant. I know Gee said he likes to go straight into his final pot from solo so he can get the myco established and thriving but I like to split the difference a bit and go from solo to 1 gallon for the root ball. This jump into a 1 gallon is why Iā€™m thinking of manifolding.

If I run solo (14 days) then 1 gallon (30 days), by the time I drop into my final pot (14 days for it to establish in flower pot puts me at 58 days) my plants will likely runaway in size. I need to keep them at 5 feet and lower if possible hence the heavy training and multiple toppings. Iā€™ll call it when Iā€™m closer so I can tell how big the plant wants to get before deciding how Iā€™m gonna train.

As we all know, we can plan all we want, some phenos just donā€™t care about our plans and will do everything they can to push back against us lol.

I go straight to the 10gal to purposely slow the plant down. Its really easy to veg a plant too big in 8 weeks but really hard to keep it smaller.

Going to the big pot immediately makes the plant build roots over foliage for awhile, thus slowing the growth rate above ground.

I have no issues with root ball sizes. 2 weeks after putting a solo into a 10gal I have roots poking out everywhere.

What does suck is when you uppot from a 1gal to a big pot and the myco doesn't take so a week later you have to myco drench and your whole grow gets delayed because 1 plant didn't establish on time.

Oof.. just got my electric bill since I turned my grow room off. 350$ cheaper. Yikes šŸ¤£ so thereā€™s some changes Iā€™ll have to make. First, no more lights on during the day. Iā€™ll be dropping my schedule to 16/8 and will only run in the off hours, I.e. 6 PM to 10 AM.. Iā€™ve gotta double check peak hours but Iā€™ll also likely flower at 11/13 as well

I also will no longer grow in the winter. Those electric heaters cost me a boatload of cash by themselves having to be run 24 hours a day. Iā€™ll be vegging during mid summer so I can use the high RH to my advantage. I will also be growing in way larger pots, 10 gallon minimum. With such large pots I wonā€™t have to be as disciplined with the environment, plus the summer heat and humidity will help push them by itself.

I will also attempt to do one major grow a year where I stock up for the year. That will be this grow I am doing now. Once thatā€™s completed I can mess around with clones and vegging mothers and all the other science stuff Iā€™m interested in, but donā€™t need a 1000 watt light for.
It's draining me too Keff! I have to get off peak myself! Over 800 last few months with the lights on days!
May as well play around and have a little fun!
Name of the game! If it ain't fun why are we here?

Soil already cooking, no rush. Get that root ball nice in veg other then solos and transplant into finals and wait a couple of weeks before the flip. It's that simple. More attention on the plant and less on medium. You already got that out of the way.
Focus on pot size vs yield. Why spend the extra electricity?

I go straight to the 10gal to purposely slow the plant down. Its really easy to veg a plant too big in 8 weeks but really hard to keep it smaller.

Going to the big pot immediately makes the plant build roots over foliage for awhile, thus slowing the growth rate above ground.

I have no issues with root ball sizes. 2 weeks after putting a solo into a 10gal I have roots poking out everywhere.

What does suck is when you uppot from a 1gal to a big pot and the myco doesn't take so a week later you have to myco drench and your whole grow gets delayed because 1 plant didn't establish on time.

What would cause the myco not to take? If it establishes in the solo shouldnā€™t it automatically colonize the larger pot?

Soil already cooking, no rush. Get that root ball nice in veg other then solos and transplant into finals and wait a couple of weeks before the flip. It's that simple. More attention on the plant and less on medium. You already got that out of the way.
Focus on pot size vs yield. Why spend the extra electricity?

Speaking of electricity, Iā€™ll actually be adjusting my lighting schedules a bit this time around. Iā€™m gonna run 16/8 for Veg and 11.5/12.5 for flower then start stepping it down the last couple weeks of flower.

It's draining me too Keff! I have to get off peak myself! Over 800 last few months with the lights on days!

My wife would have my ass if I had an 800$ electric bill lol.. The only way I could get around it is selling what I grow but then others enjoy my labor and Iā€™m getting real tired of selling my labor for less than itā€™s actually worth to me šŸ˜‚

If you want smaller plants go for it. This isn't outside, it's inside.
That's my last comment on that
Cheers

Iā€™ll be trying multiple ways anyway just to see which works best for my situation.. Now that Iā€™ve bought the amendments the major costs are over so itā€™s not a big deal to waste a few runs figuring out what works.

I wish it was outside.. my ideal environment is outdoors with those domed green houses that let you plant directly in the ground.

Also, when do you do your topping/manifolding?

Back
Top Bottom