Herbies Desserts to Sweeten Your Day @ Otters

Hey Stone..... Looking nice and juicy and phat in there buddy!!! Helllyeeeaahhh!! How's it smellin up in the tent/room?? Startin to get the funk goin on?? Happy Thursday Growmie!! 😎✌️

PLUMPING UPDATE FOR HERBIES GROUP

Good day folks! They're still on water and cal mag. I'm tucking leaves to let light through and making sure temps and rh are the best I can do. This one's running 78f and 56% rh mid light on period and some of these buds may be half way through flower! WooHoo! In a week or two I'll start to drop rh a little at a time. I don't like a wet tent in lights out time when there's thick dense bud. I'm hoping for that! :) Day 29 from flip.

Here's Banana Pudding. She's probably my favorite in there this run. No matter what I do she makes it ok!

And Mango Mousse. I have high expectations in her :).

These Apple Betty's are holding up the right side pretty well! Up front is my second favorite, shorty Betty. She's so full of bud it's crazy!

And tall Apple Betty. Long legs! Hubba! Hubba!

@Herbies Seeds made a sweet group in this one! They're growing wonderfully! Le group du Dessert!

Thank you very much for your update - we are happy to see that the plants are thriving! They look happy with you :) Get ready for harvest soon and I believe you will get great results :)

Hey Stone..... Looking nice and juicy and phat in there buddy!!! Helllyeeeaahhh!! How's it smellin up in the tent/room?? Startin to get the funk goin on?? Happy Thursday Growmie!! 😎✌️
When I open the zipper I get hit with sweetness! None of them are nasty like they can be. All sweet! These Apple Bettys have a nice and different scent! Apple might be what my imagination leads me to think is in them! So cool! Banana Pudding is leading everyone by far with her sweetness! I can't put a name to Mango Mousse's scent yet, she's coming on soon.
Thank you very much for your update - we are happy to see that the plants are thriving! They look happy with you :) Get ready for harvest soon and I believe you will get great results :)
Hi @Herbies Seeds , I couldn't be happier as well with them! My goodness! Looking at Apple Betty I'm super pleased I have one ready to put outdoors for my summer grow! It's a pleasure to grow these plants of yours! :thumb:

Man that's a pretty picture , all that bud forming you got it going on Stone Good Job ~! Do you know if its a short or tall AB your putting outside ?
Wish I did Smokes! I think I wish I did anyway! :D They both have their attributes to look at. I'm pretty gaga at the short one today but those spears are looking better every day!

PLUMPING UPDATE FOR HERBIES GROUP

Good day folks! They're still on water and cal mag. I'm tucking leaves to let light through and making sure temps and rh are the best I can do. This one's running 78f and 56% rh mid light on period and some of these buds may be half way through flower! WooHoo! In a week or two I'll start to drop rh a little at a time. I don't like a wet tent in lights out time when there's thick dense bud. I'm hoping for that! :) Day 29 from flip.

Here's Banana Pudding. She's probably my favorite in there this run. No matter what I do she makes it ok!

And Mango Mousse. I have high expectations in her :).

These Apple Betty's are holding up the right side pretty well! Up front is my second favorite, shorty Betty. She's so full of bud it's crazy!

And tall Apple Betty. Long legs! Hubba! Hubba!

@Herbies Seeds made a sweet group in this one! They're growing wonderfully! Le group du Dessert!

Beautiful Stone. Wow. That Banana pudding is exquisite😍

Hey Gee, she sure is! Wait till you see her bones! I forgot she's a triple noder! Then there was the FIM incident on two of her branches! One at least but I think I remember two. So she's a triple manifolded lass with extras and she smells divine!
Once in awhile you get a real stunner. She has "The Look"😍🥰❤️

SUMMER PLANTING, MORE DESSERT PLEASE! UPDATE

Hi all! Today was the day for @Herbies Seeds second planting... outdoors! One Apple Betty went in!

I turned last years soil over well and amended it with about a half cup of @DYNOMYCO and 3 cups of @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg. Stuck her in nice and deep and watered well!

Sprinkled some mico on all the roots.

I got her in and you can see the light spots near the edges of my spikes before I covered them with soil. She's munch on that later!

If anyone wants the recipe.

One more to go in. Still too small so maybe next week. She likes the outdoors! Runtz Muffin.

Peace..

Heya Stone!! Can't wait to see that outdoor apple Betty to just explode with growth!! This is definitely a strain I wanna try in the future. Everyone seems really happy with her!! Happy Friday Growmie!! 😎✌️

Heya Stone!! Can't wait to see that outdoor apple Betty to just explode with growth!! This is definitely a strain I wanna try in the future. Everyone seems really happy with her!! Happy Friday Growmie!! 😎✌️
I hope I get the one that's eating my SIP pot out of house and home right now! I was just going to mention the short one seems to be packing on so much bud, so fast she's got a pretty good def a little more than half way through flowering! Looks like two things Potassium and phosphorus to me. I haven't had two before that I recognized, hmmm she's plain hungry? I'm thinking of watering from the top to bring down some nutes not tapped into yet. I added some microbes to aid uptake of phosphorus yesterday to the rez. I think today I'll try the top water with some recharge microbes in it. @Azimuth would you think I have to shut rez water off to top water at this stage of life? I also don't know about frequency? Once a week? Twice?

Overachieving Apple Betty with issues. Anyone?

With that said I fully expect @Gee64 and or @Keffka to come on and say they think it's a calcium issue :) i appreciate everyone's thoughts please. I'll be looking at the globe with arrows to try to make sense with it. The three others don't have this happening.

I hope I get the one that's eating my SIP pot out of house and home right now! I was just going to mention the short one seems to be packing on so much bud, so fast she's got a pretty good def a little more than half way through flowering! Looks like two things Potassium and phosphorus to me. I haven't had two before that I recognized, hmmm she's plain hungry? I'm thinking of watering from the top to bring down some nutes not tapped into yet. I added some microbes to aid uptake of phosphorus yesterday to the rez. I think today I'll try the top water with some recharge microbes in it. @Azimuth would you think I have to shut rez water off to top water at this stage of life? I also don't know about frequency? Once a week? Twice?

With that said I fully expect @Gee64 and or @Keffka to come on and say they think it's a calcium issue :) i appreciate everyone's thoughts please. I'll be looking at the globe with arrows to try to make sense with it. The three others don't have this happening.

Do you have a moisture meter? a cheapo dollar store one that probes the soil. It looks like starvation, but your serations say too much light, which will drive a plant too hard and can cause starvation due to over photosynthesizing up top for what the roots can supply down low, except your lighting is being heavily monitored and starvation usually starts at the bottom leaves, so it makes me suspect dry soil on the top half of your pot.

Whats your PPFD?

It looks like environmental causing uptake issues.

It almost looks like it's finishing.

How many days since flip?

What caused your leaf tips to burn and curl? Did you feed something new about 10 days ago?

Did that plant get overly dry last week?

Any anomolies at all? Is it a mutant?

Have you used any high NPK products that could have killed myco off?

Just going thru a checklist here, not pointing fingers. Something changed.

I'm leaning towards too much light and dry soil up top in the pot. Probe her.

@Azimuth would you think I have to shut rez water off to top water at this stage of life? I also don't know about frequency? Once a week? Twice?
Depends on how much she drinks I'd imagine. I probably would shut it off to be safe as she's not accustomed to that much water hitting her from all angles.

With your automatic feed you probably know what her drinking rate is so you can calculate how long to shut it off for based on how much you give her from the top, and what that would equate to in terms of time with the automatic feed if that makes sense.

I'm starting to think that a periodic, and regular, top watering is important in organic soils for the calcium issue you referenced. I'm going to introduce a weekly version and see if that improves my grow.

Always something new to learn. :green_heart:

You've got some great stacking of buds going on bud! I really enjoy stopping in here to see your progress. Makes a grower smile. :green_heart:

Depends on how much she drinks I'd imagine. I probably would shut it off to be safe as she's not accustomed to that much water hitting her from all angles.
Although, what about a root drench? Couldn't that redistribute the moisture levels and take care of any dry spots, which in turn would sort out the calcium issue? Could a combo top and res feed have a similar outcome perhaps?

Okay, now for amatuer hour!

Stone, I look at her and see too many large fan leaves down inside. They look nice and green too, while some of the upper leaves look hungry. I'd start by removing some of the big fans in the inner/lower part of the plant.

Please just start an account for me and credit me that 2 cents. I'll collect when I'm up to a dime! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom