Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

Also, when do you do your topping/manifolding?
I top above the 3rd node as soon as its possible, then when 2 tops grow I top each of them after 1 node again as soon as possible, and I top those 4 again as soon as possible to get 8 tops. Thats from seed.

From clone I top each clone as needed. I usually try for 6 nodes giving me 12 tops when I grow from clone.

Clones are a race, they grow roots faster so your veg time is much lower.

Life exploded pretty quickly in the containers.. The entire surface looks like it has small strands across it.. I assume this will die off when the cooking gets really going.. If not, then cool lol.

IMG_5326.jpeg

IMG_5325.jpeg

IMG_5324.jpeg

What would cause the myco not to take? If it establishes in the solo shouldn’t it automatically colonize the larger pot?
You would think but sometimes the microbes in the larger pot eat all the new myco you added and the roots want to stay in the original rootball.

One day you will encounter what I am talking about. At harvest the old rootball will pop right out when you tug the stump with only 1 or 2 roots into the bigger pot area.

After you encounter it you learn to recognize it so you remedy it, but it takes time. Time eats soil.

Ever since I went solo to 10gal a lot of my pains in the arse disappeared. If myco doesn't take in a week, I have time.

I'm not sure what GG means about smaller plants though, as I have stated already, small isn't the issue. Too big too fast is the issue.

GG if you have a hack to healthily slow the buggers down please share!

My tent is only 8 ft tall so I only have 6 feet of space to grow. If I dont slow them down they are well into the light by day 56 when I grow from seed.

Going straight to the big pot slows veg but not roots, and manifolding slows it again but widens it out.

Wide is good, I want no more than 18" from the top of my top bud to the bottom of my bottom bud.

All that veg slowdown leaves the nutes in the pot for flower.

And when I say 34" tall thats from the soil line so 50" from pot bottom.

If I don't do all that work then I just end up hacking a few feet of plant off and throwing all those nutes into the worm bin at flip (or the very nasty supercropping I will never do that to one of my girls again) so this works very well for me.

My flower tent is only 5 x 5 so 8 tops each is all I can handle but I have done 16. You can get that extra topping in before the nodes stagger, but 64 tops in a 5 x 5 is very crowded.

But hey... a lot of shit I do makes people scratch there head. I just follow the science and see where it goes. It surprises me all the time.

My newest project, the 2 headed clones, they popped roots sooner than any single headed ones. Who knew?!

Your sexing experiment... who knew?!

And then theres the "Drop a clone straight into a 10gal" thing I stumbled onto with bottom watering. (Well Azi's bottom watering but with a swick cuz it made more sense) , the one I linked in my signature.

That flies in the face of everything linear that we have been taught. A massive plant without uppotting.

Who knew the fastest way to grow a big plant with massive roots was to drop a clone straight into a 10gal. If I had a 20gal I would try that too.

You gotta try new things. Most of what you have been told is very linear. Thats the product of prohibition.

My newest problem is larf. I hate the stuff. I want prime nugs only so I am learning to prune side branches out asap. They are a waste of soil nutrition.

Its nerve wracking as I think I am causing grief, but the Prime Colas just keep getting primer😎.

I would rather grow 4oz of total prime nugs than 8oz of nugs and larf, but I have the luxury of a huge stash.

4 plants 4oz each every 70 days is basically a half pound a month of no-larf prime bud. lol thats a bit more than the wife and I need. My buddies love it tho.

I also meticulously cure my weed so curing all that larf to just end up putting it in my worm farm is a waste of my time.

So thats how I got to manifolding and solo-to-10gal. Its nutrient efficient and the plants just barely fit, but they fit👍

And I have to deal with sativas, but the clone-10gal is a 50/50 hybrid so I would guess it works with indicas too. One of you indica folks should try it so we can see.

note: any nug less than 1" diameter I consider larf, as I will never smoke it and the worms get it.

Again, 1 month veg in 1/2 or gal to have a solid root ball before finals and will definitely yield more total by a lot.
I know what you guys are thinking..let's get them in finals asap because of organic soil and it's easier than growing in smaller containers...not a good thought process, either top dress or teas and keep them in the smaller container..
If you put in finals too quick so are slowing down the plant? Why would you want to do that?
And topping the plants more than one time just slowing them down. If you want to grow lateral, train them and let the middles come up.

I have played with small pots a lot. More than any human should have ever had too lol. Its exhausting but its how I do my science and how I feed my worms. Plus I love dissecting rootballs.

But after hundreds or thousands of pots the math says a bigger rootball gives bigger buds. Not nescessarily more weed, just bigger buds. I get bigger nugs doing it this way than with small pots. I have done many side-by-sides. Big pots manifolded give me bigger buds over small pots less topped and even untopped. I also get higher brix in big pots easier.

And the real bonus is that 4 big pots holds my humidity at any level I need so it makes living in a desert easier.

Small pots are fantastic for clones though. Quick and easy and tons of fun for minimal effort. I don't top those. I actually prune a few bottom branches off and thats about it for training.

You get tons of yield doing it that way but the buds aren't huge.

I'm not in it for yield its always enough.

I want the big buds. I need 4 foot max after stretch. So this is how I do it.

I also have auto-watering so in big pots I can leave for 2 weeks no problem, but in small pots thats tough.

Actually, I said 4 weeks in half gallons. I don't go on time, but if she's 3 times the size the one gallon container you are cooking with grease..you will go from 4to 5 zips to double.
Also, yes it's harder growing in them but the side branching is soooo much better with the appropriate veg time

Something seems different on the forums.. some sort of formatting or theme change but I can’t tell what it is. This is like the time I accidentally turned developer mode on lol.

Hah! I knew something was different:

IMG_5328.png

Almost 40 years old and I still think “maybe I’m just crazy and am seeing stuff that isn’t there” 🤣

Gee, can't control the growth and why would you? Slowing down the plant isn't healthy or it's water logged.
If you slowing down the plant is because of not planning accordingly to flower..
Cheers guys, pretty basic..
Not planning according to flower? Im not sure what that means. I rotate 2 tents, 1 in veg and 1 in flower. The timing has to be perfect. My plants aren't waterlogged. In veg I dial the vpd back and slow them, I prune them to slow them, I grow in pure flower soil from birth to slow them, but the rootball keeps growing all the while, building a 10gal engine to power the flower. I end up with 32 18" colas from 4 pots. My brix is always over 17, usually above 20 and my max so far is 22. A plant won't give you 22 brix if its waterlogged. Whats your brix? Thats the true health of a plant, and if you monitor it you would be surprised at what tortures actually increase a plants health. I'm not going to argue with you though, Ive scienced this shit. Here is a couple pics of the finished canopy. These are mangy unruly sativas that I have "trained" to be less than 4 feet tall. There is almost 2 pounds of bud in there off 4 plants.
Screenshot_20230613_053011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230613_052851_Gallery.jpg

This is really hard to do with sativas. They aren't waterlogged. These gals transpire a shitload every day. If you want high brix you need high transpiration.

If you grow Indicas I get it, they are short little buggers with a short life, you can't hold them back for a moment. Its hard to get them tall, but these are wild jungle beasts. Unchecked they would easily hit 12'. Anyone can grow an indica, and thats not a hack on indica growers, but they come from a really harsh environment. Sativas are a whole different animal. Thats why the world is full of indica but pure sativa weed can't be found and when it is found, its usually fluffy. These are chunky. This is hard to do GG so you don't see it often but this forest of organic unfertilized weed isn't common. My whole world is a large circle of weed growers and this perplexes them all. I challenge you to grow 4 10gal organic sativas in a tent. Not crosses, true sativas. Indicas are so easy I can go for 2 week vacations and they are fine. Sativas need daily attention. They grow 4-5" a day. Come play with the big boys. Grow a 10 gallon rootball and experience true big-block horsepower. Have your watering can ready. Your soil better be top notch. You will really need to have an understanding of fungii/microbe balance. Got your carbon dialed? Calcium is a bitch on a 10 week grow. No CO2. No synthetics. Just soil, RO water, and hydrolyzed fish ferts. You only get 2 teas.

Keff this is how manifolding comes out. Of all the stuff I have tried it gives me the highest brix, the largest yield, the biggest nugs, and its manageable. Look how even that canopy is. Every cola is the same distance from the light. Penetration is great. Watering is a bitch. I use auto watering.

Here's is 4-5 gallons. Vegged 1 month in half gallons and 3 weeks veg in 5g/ finals before the flip. 32 zips
Different run but same times.. think this was 28 zips.
Harvest once a month on perpetual

Those are beauties 🥰🥰🥰 but a lot of your colas are way shorter than your apex colas.

Wouldn't you rather have all apexes? The yield is the same but trimming is way easier and all the buds are huge.

The 2nd pic you can see floor everywhere.

Thats very inefficient, not knocking them, they are beauties but you could have upped your yield a lot if they were all apex colas filling the entire tent is all I am saying.

And no floor showing, the tent bottom is shitty smoke.

I asked myself the same questions years ago and science brought me here. I use brix to tell me if I chose the right path or not so plant health is improved, not compromised.

Now I have 32 apex colas in a tent and no bugs no larf.😎

My worms are kinda pissed about the larf part so they get all my experiments. They eat well.

But mostly those blue tigh seeds have potential to get really tall. All Rev's sativas are old school unwatered genetics. He has crossed them a few times but in specific directions, so they still have jungle traits that you need to prepare for.

32 of those apex Grimm Truffles, thats what you should strive for. Thats 3 pounds easy. Those are real beauties😍😍🥰🥰.

Those are beauties 🥰🥰🥰 but a lot of your colas are way shorter than your apex colas.

Wouldn't you rather have all apexes? The yield is the same but trimming is way easier and all the buds are huge.

The 2nd pic you can see floor everywhere.

Thats very inefficient, not knocking them, they are beauties but you could have upped your yield a lot if they were all apex colas filling the entire tent is all I am saying.

And no floor showing, the tent bottom is shitty smoke.

I asked myself the same questions years ago and science brought me here. I use brix to tell me if I chose the right path or not so plant health is improved, not compromised.

Now I have 32 apex colas in a tent and no bugs no larf.😎

My worms are kinda pissed about the larf part so they get all my experiments. They eat well.

But mostly those blue tigh seeds have potential to get really tall. All Rev's sativas are old school unwatered genetics. He has crossed them a few times but in specific directions, so they still have jungle traits that you need to prepare for.

32 of those apex Grimm Truffles, thats what you should strive for. Thats 3 pounds easy. Those are real beauties😍😍🥰🥰.
Agree and disagree. Think that was my 3rd gene clone, not having a mother plant. Just off perpetual. Which you know its causes a little yield loss.
There is no light hitting my floor unless it was a defol which you know helps with air flow and humidity, especially late in flower..

Your flowers are great looking too Gee, tbh a little overwatered. Too many tip curling down but they look too dropping which will affect your trich development..

I definitely could yield more likey past couple of harvest..a lot based on genetics too.. think you're too In love with soil and not enough on the plant

Is that better Gee?

Agree and disagree. Think that was my 3rd gene clone, not having a mother plant. Just off perpetual. Which you know its causes a little yield loss.
There is no light hitting my floor unless it was a defol which you know helps with air flow and humidity, especially late in flower..

Your flowers are great looking too Gee, tbh a little overwatered. Too many tip curling down but they look too dropping which will affect your trich development..

I definitely could yield more likey past couple of harvest..a lot based on genetics too.. think you're too In love with soil and not enough on the plant

Is that better Gee?
That’s beautiful 😍 double G. CL🍀. :thumb::bravo::welldone::adore:

nice. super nice.

hope the future of the industry is going to organics. i know a commercial facility is looking hard at it here as a way to get a premium for the product.

right now the dispensaries can't / don't tell you how the flower is produced, we hope that changes soon and there is a distinction made.

No RO water to cook? I usually used 2 gallons after mixing Doc Bud organic mix bale of promix and let it cook for 30days +
Cheers

RO isn't generally necessary in organics unless you got horrible water or a pile of chloramine in it. normal chlorine usually isn't a problem.

it's great to use if you have access. our water is poor enough that it is a good idea here. outside the city 20 min from here they don't even need RO in hydro.

nice. super nice.

hope the future of the industry is going to organics. i know a commercial facility is looking hard at it here as a way to get a premium for the product.

right now the dispensaries can't / don't tell you how the flower is produced, we hope that changes soon and there is a distinction made.

RO isn't generally necessary in organics unless you got horrible water or a pile of chloramine in it. normal chlorine usually isn't a problem.

it's great to use if you have access. our water is poor enough that it is a good idea here. outside the city 20 min from here they don't even need RO in hydro.
I agree, but depots want to feed the plants as much as possible to make a buck.
I love organic (soil) don't get me wrong but not going to see it.
Also, the majority has poor genetics but a big yield, for a buck.
Genetics is 95 % makeup and the rest is controlled by growers. Pretty simple, if you have bad genetics but great soil, good luck

I agree, but depots want to feed the plants as much as possible to make a buck.
I love organic (soil) don't get me wrong but not going to see it.
Also, the majority has poor genetics but a big yield, for a buck.
Genetics is 95 % makeup and the rest is controlled by growers. Pretty simple, if you have bad genetics but great soil, good luck

overall organics is just more environmentally responsible. there is a segment of the public willing to pay a premium for that.

i'm not growing organic, it's not accessible for my situation unfortunately. i don't knock how folk do it, but i have tried to move towards nutes a bit less stressful on the environment. i'm jealous of those who can swing it proper.

overall organics is just more environmentally responsible. there is a segment of the public willing to pay a premium for that.

i'm not growing organic, it's not accessible for my situation unfortunately. i don't knock how folk do it, but i have tried to move towards nutes a bit less stressful on the environment. i'm jealous of those who can swing it proper.
Some of us are living in cities and all the organically grown with teas and other things aren’t feasible. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom