Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

I’m trying to delay germinating a bit so I can line it up with the Purple Ghost Candy grow. I’m gonna germinate this weekend and depending on when the PGC shows up, I may try out letting a manifold plant veg for longer than 60 days.

I think I’m gonna run for president one day. I’ll be a center candidate and my motto will be: “Stop the nonsense” I will openly ignore all extremists on both sides, and our coalition will be called “adults with common sense and integrity”

How extreme is that?! I ought to be booed right out of the nation 😂

(I’m already exhausted with election year, it ruins my news sections)

I’m trying to delay germinating a bit so I can line it up with the Purple Ghost Candy grow. I’m gonna germinate this weekend and depending on when the PGC shows up, I may try out letting a manifold plant veg for longer than 60 days.
I filled my solo's up yesterday and am getting the life warm and going while I wait for my PGCandy seeds to come! I'm so ready to fire up the grows! Had nothing since the fall chop. I just like it better with a garden to tend.
I think I’m gonna run for president one day. I’ll be a center candidate and my motto will be: “Stop the nonsense” I will openly ignore all extremists on both sides, and our coalition will be called “adults with common sense and integrity”

How extreme is that?! I ought to be booed right out of the nation 😂

(I’m already exhausted with election year, it ruins my news sections)
I'm weary too.

I filled my solo's up yesterday and am getting the life warm and going while I wait for my PGCandy seeds to come! I'm so ready to fire up the grows! Had nothing since the fall chop. I just like it better with a garden to tend.

Same. I don’t count the last half of flower as growing anyway. You don’t do much, and anything you could’ve fixed is long past being fixed. So I’ve been itching to grow lol. I’ve got the seedling soil next to my furnace and dryer so it’s nice and warm.

I want to clear out my aquarium and turn it into a little sprout box with a fluorescent light, so they can have a little light but stay real warm and humid until they pop up. I want to do a lot of things but always fall back on the tried and true 😂

I'm weary too.

It’s just so much. One crisis after another, shouts about the most important election ever, I’m just done with it. I think what wears me out the most is, all of these ads and stories aren’t what inform my vote. I look at the candidates and what they’ve actually done, voted on, etc. and base it off that. Anyone can look savvy on TV or say quippy stuff online or in print, but what have you actually done to deserve to make decisions that effect my children’s future?

So one of the things I was just reading about is metabolic energy. Apparently with nutrient uptake, using carbon based sources allows for lower metabolic expenditure. Since these sources hit the soil and become amino acids during their cycle, the plant doesn’t have to spend the energy converting the nutrients.

Since organic is technically carbon based, it’s already doing this.

So originally I likened synthetic to force feeding. What it seems like may be happening is synthetics are causing the plant to waste energy (30%, which seems to be a common number over plants and fungi) converting that is better spent elsewhere. Similar I imagine to the difference between eating McDonald’s or eating a clean, balanced diet. I doubt it’s this simple though as it would be easy to fix this, but it is interesting that you basically shortcut the process for the plant.

Got word that the Purple Ghost Candy seeds have been ordered and should be here in the next couple days.

I’ll be germinating the same as always. Roll my seeds in myco then throw them straight into a solo cup of seedling mix in a warm, humid location. I’ll have at least 10 plants I’ll be initiating, probably closer to 15. I’ll be moving some outdoors and running the rest indoors.

I’ll be separating the journal at that point. I’ll cover all of the plants in this one, and will have a second journal dedicated to the PGC for the sponsor

So I saw a comment from @Wastei earlier about fabric bags and their only benefit being they’re easy to clean up. I was a bit surprised by this comment and decided to dig around and found this:

So now I’m thinking that plastic pots may actually be pretty beneficial for maintaining microbes since it doesn’t dry out the soil as quickly. If I want extra oxygen, the extra aeration can provide that. Circling roots haven’t been an issue for me before either.

I have to do some more reading but I am pretty intrigued in some of the results posted on that site.

So I saw a comment from @Wastei earlier about fabric bags and their only benefit being they’re easy to clean up. I was a bit surprised by this comment and decided to dig around and found this:

So now I’m thinking that plastic pots may actually be pretty beneficial for maintaining microbes since it doesn’t dry out the soil as quickly. If I want extra oxygen, the extra aeration can provide that. Circling roots haven’t been an issue for me before either.

I have to do some more reading but I am pretty intrigued in some of the results posted on that site.
There are fabric pots made for living soil that have a plastic membrane around the walls, but are just fabric on the bottom.
Jeremy from Build a soil talked about them, and uses 30 gallon versions in one of the 10x10 grow series of videos on their yt channel.
I haven't read the article you linked, but I don't always agree with the content posted on that site. Some of it seemed to be based on outdated info last time I looked at it.

There are fabric pots made for living soil that have a plastic membrane around the walls, but are just fabric on the bottom.
Jeremy from Build a soil talked about them, and uses 30 gallon versions in one of the 10x10 grow series of videos on their yt channel.
I haven't read the article you linked, but I don't always agree with the content posted on that site. Some of it seemed to be based on outdated info last time I looked at it.

I agree about the site not having indisputable information. A lot of it seems regional, personal, or based on “outdated” stuff like you said. Plus I wouldn’t call his testing “rigorous” by any means.

However I always enjoy when someone takes the time and effort to attempt to refute the standard understanding. Especially when they cover aspects I’ve noticed but haven’t seen many others talk about.

The plastic membrane fabric bags sound interesting and aren’t something I’ve seen. However they sound like they would help with my chief complaint about fabric. I have wasted soil every run. The only way to get more usable area is to aggressively water essentially daily. This in turn sets off a bunch of requirements like extra aeration, more time, and heavier use of my water filters. I’ve mentioned often I don’t like being chained to my grow and having to water daily is chaining me to the grow. I can adjust to this with irrigation but that again is another adjustment I have to make for my container choice.

I’ll check out the BAS video, thanks for the suggestion.

However I always enjoy when someone takes the time and effort to attempt to refute the standard understanding. Especially when they cover aspects I’ve noticed but haven’t seen many others talk about.
I absolutely agree.
I’ll check out the BAS video, thanks for the suggestion.
There are a lot of them, all about living soil. Each "season" is a different grow, from start to finish, and there are a couple of auto-watering systems in the most recent two which might be of interest to you.

The weather forecast
IMG_7436.png

This is gonna make it tough starting seedlings. I’m unsure of how I want to do this. I think I will start with germinating in a box with a seedling mat and a humidifier so I can keep them at about 80-85F and 90%+ humidity. As soon as they sprout I can drop the humidity but my temps need to stay at 85 for the majority of the grow. This will be a little tricky to accomplish and may require me moving the plants back and forth a little bit.

Now that I’ve settled into passive airflow I can put my light anywhere that can handle its size. I may move out of the attic for a few weeks. We’ll see, as always I’ll figure something out and then document it

I have 5 feminized seeds, 5 regular, and 2 autos. I’m gonna run the autos outside and cover that as well since I see so many struggle with it. I may even start a third journal for those, everyone knows I have no problem journaling 😂

I won’t be sprouting the autos until I can do it outside. I prefer to sprout in the environment I’ll be growing in.

FYI for organic growers, you don’t need to purchase special amendments with amino acids. All of your organic amendments become amino acids during their lifecycle. Amino acid chelated Nitrogen is no better than blood meal. Money saving tip for folks.

Mix for 10 seeds.

IMG_7437.jpeg

1.25 gallons of seedling mix (Coast of Maine Sprout Island) cut with 2 cups of perlite and watered with 1L of microbe water (pure water with microbes* added). Mixed up thoroughly and placed near the radiator to get life bumping. Enough for 10 Seeds that will go in tomorrow or Monday

*Microbes 2 ml per L

IMG_7438.jpeg

I found in cloth that I have to top water lightly(on the third day) to keep up there thriving if I wait longer than 3 days to water the pot. Otherwise I get an underwatering cycle going.

I found in cloth that I have to top water lightly(on the third day) to keep up there thriving if I wait longer than 3 days to water the pot. Otherwise I get an underwatering cycle going.

I’m thinking about watering every day. I cut enough perlite that overwatering isn’t an issue and the past two grows the plants seemed to handle it better being watered daily. We’ll see, I always audible my grows anyway

I haven’t seen roots reach the side of my pots since the first grow in fabric, so that tells me the sides are staying too dry with the extra perlite.

Mix for 10 seeds.

IMG_7437.jpeg

1.25 gallons of seedling mix (Coast of Maine Sprout Island) cut with 2 cups of perlite and watered with 1L of microbe water (pure water with microbes* added). Mixed up thoroughly and placed near the radiator to get life bumping. Enough for 10 Seeds that will go in tomorrow or Monday

*Microbes 2 ml per L

IMG_7438.jpeg
Looking great bro but hope you have a mask on. Shit looks concentrated

My bad K, too much bourbon last night. Erase all that shit from yesterday that I said.. 😂
Sorry for the interruption, woke up this morning thinking F**k

Been there.. and then some 😂

Back
Top Bottom