Koncept's DWC - Top LED 1200W Holy Grail Kush - Blzbud - Cotton Candy - First Grow

Will be switching to 18-6 tonight however

Ok, I switched to 18-6 two nights ago and everything wa fine the first night.
However I woke up this morning to what looks like powdery mildew on the leaves of my cotton candy and the hydro corn around it.
Main issue here is...it's not powdery and I can't actually remove it with my fingers so it leads me to believe its something else, it looks like a build up of salts on the leaves an hydro but I'm unsure

Here is as good a pic as I could take under the pink light, any ideas?
image8297.jpg

image8299.jpg
image8298.jpg

I have checked the underside and I'm still unsure, there are a couple white spots But I didn't think buds, I thought more like a salt/something build up as it is on the hydroton too!

Thats what I wanted to hear. I topped up the water yesterday and got some on hydroton. It was a soup of RO water, cal mag and formulex...I'm now thinking this is the problem?

On another note the bucket that was holding that plant started leaking from the connection at the bottom last night so I have had to take that plant out and it is currently sitting in an air bath while I use bathroom silicon to seal up my leak.

Its all going down today!!

Thanks for easing my concerns, just gave her a quick spray so she doesn't dry out while I fix the bucket.
But again, thanks for the help!

Ok so whilethe silicone adhesive is drying around my bucket I thought I would check temps in my grow room and remember my meter has a man/Max setting...
97%-38% RH
16-38 degrees
That is a huge swing in humidity, I'm guessing its over night when lights turn off.
I have a thermostat fan speed controller but it seems a bit shit to me lol, doesn't Don the best join and I can still hear it on full power hours after lights off!

Any tips, cannot afford a new dehumidifier for a few weeks ( my current one is too loud)

I chased humidity up and down and it never seemed to affect the grow, so I wouldn't panic about it. Your readings, I found out, depend a lot on the meter's location in the tent. Try to get it away from the reservoir/pots for a more meaningful reading, first of all. Your humidity will also likely go up as temp goes up, and down as temps go down. Looks like you've got a pretty wide swing in temps, so not surprising that your humidity is swinging as well.

The 38 was from when I turned off my fan by mistake like a donut. Usually it stays at 24 and drops to around 19-21 at night. But yeah they have suffered some abuse in their young stage.
I will be getting a new dehumifier as soon as I have the money as I do not want ant RH swings during 12/12

I've been pleasantly surprised to find that cannabis seems to thrive no matter what abuse is thrown its way. I spent a lot of time during my first grow agonizing over pH swings, temps, humidity, yellow leaf-ends, curling leaves, and other seemingly mysterious stuff happening in the grow tent. Meanwhile the plants apparently ignored all that and grew like weeds... :smokin:

You'd think I'd learn from the name...weed haha

I's a l'il late to da show but I gots me a good seat.:cheesygrinsmiley::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
nice start you got goin'
:peace:

Your not late at all...we're just getting started.

Update, bucket still leaking, applied more silicone and will allow to cure for 24 hours, my cotton candy is just going to have an air bath for the next 24 hours while i top feed.

Water temps at 19-21
Room temp at 25 degrees (77f)

Everything apart from the bucket going well, I'm literally going to jizz in my pants when I see roots coming through the bottom of the hydro corn

Your not late at all...we're just getting started.

Update, bucket still leaking, applied more silicone and will allow to cure for 24 hours, my cotton candy is just going to have an air bath for the next 24 hours while i top feed.

Water temps at 19-21
Room temp at 25 degrees (77f)

Everything apart from the bucket going well, I'm literally going to jizz in my pants when I see roots coming through the bottom of the hydro corn
I did my first time too,
shit who am I kidding I still do every time seeds pop,roots grow through the jiffy pucks I use, then the net basket with hydratone, the first calixes and pistoles start forming buds, the whole growing thing is just orga,,,,,,,,,,,,,opps good green thoughts only
:peace:

I'm glad I got so much more to look forward to.
Currently watching your video on how to spot a hermie!
Gonna keep an eye on your Theodore bagseed plant!

Happy Friday Hiddenkoncept

We are pretty much at the same time frame you may be just a little ahead of me tho.

Glad I have someone similar to watch! Happy growing!

I just realised this myself, will be subbing to your journal now!
Have to buy a new bucket as no matter what I do this one still leaks.
My local hydro store has none in stock so I have to keep my baby Alive via top feed over the weekend!
Will update thread with a couple photos of new leaves later...

Happy Friday papasmoke

Back
Top Bottom