Koncept's DWC - Top LED 1200W Holy Grail Kush - Blzbud - Cotton Candy - First Grow

Ok just a quick update. I took a bunch of photos but all were bad. I'm uploading this one because I said I would and I'm a man of my word!
This is the holy grail kush, I'm planning in topping her tomorrow I think as she is coming into her 5th node.
I love how bushy and short they are so far!!!!
image8527.jpg

Can't wait to see her growth after being topped/fimmed

:popcorn:

:goodjob:
Ok just a quick update. I took a bunch of photos but all were bad. I'm uploading this one because I said I would and I'm a man of my word!
This is the holy grail kush, I'm planning in topping her tomorrow I think as she is coming into her 5th node.
I love how bushy and short they are so far!!!!
image8527.jpg

Can't wait to see her growth after being topped/fimmed

Babies are looking good this morning, had a pH spike in two of the plants for some reason. Not sure why but they shot up to 6.8 over night. Added a couple drops of pH down and they were fine again.
I was planning to top this morning but the centre leaves in the photo above opened up more than I thought over night so I'm thinking to wait until later in the day to check new growth. But it's looking like both the holy grail and the BLZBUD are ready to be topped today

All the great things I have heard about DNA genetics and HGK have been great, and although this is my first grow and I can only compare it to my other two strains I must say I'm impressed!
It was the mot impressive seed of the bunch, first to sprout, first to get true leaves , first to root. Is the tallest, has the most nodes, is the bushiest and was first one ready to be topped.

Pictures will follow once I'm finished with daily tasks but I must say it hurt like hell to top her!

ok todays update!

PH and EC are fine. strange thing, my e.c has been 0.7 and 0.8 since i added formulex after transplant to buckets (2 weeks ago) i was prepared for them to swing high and low as my plants drank too water or nutes but they have just stayed at a solid 0.7 and 0.8.
i have not actually started with my veg nutes yet as formulex seems to be doing so good. any advice as to when i should (i should have) started my veg nutes?

ok few pictures of todays growth, todays focus has been the HGK, tomorrow i will focus on the BLZBUD
so i went ahead and topped her today, well actually i outsourced. very close personal friend of mine who help me set up and has a few years under his belt came by and showed me where the best place for me to make the snip was.
whether he is a pro or not i dont know, but he knows more than i do and everything is a learning curve so it helps to get advice and help from as many people as possible (hence this journal!!)
so yeah she was topped, this is how she looked this morning
image_11_2.jpeg

and then a couple snaps after the cut

image_12_2.jpeg
image_13_1.jpeg

two shoots below are ready to become top colas, and there are even two more on the node below that look like they might want to compete for the title of top cola.

and i thought i would add a quick shot of the room with the new bucket, saucers and EXHALE co2 bag. i have not shelled out on a co2 reader yet so i actually have no idea if it is producing co2 to a rate of 1500ppm...or anything close to that.
SL731529.JPG

i have a two clip on fans, on clipped onto my scrog table blowing air onto mrs BLZBUD and mrs HGK, the other clip on fan is placed higher than the exhale bag and blows air that should take any falling co2 directly into my plants or into the path of my other clip on fan....again....if there is any co2 that is :goodluck:
it also hits mrs cotton candy with a nice dose of air....given all three a nice thick stem...again....hopefully :peace:

not sure whether to top or fim the next plant. everything about fimming sounds better but my pal said i should go with the topping technique for a list of reason that went in one ear and out the other

Ok today's update!
Looked this morning to find two tiny shoots preparing to make the journey towards being top colas on my HGK.
The photo keeps being uploaded sidewards no matter what I do, unsure why...
image-142.jpeg

Now for Mrs BLZBUD, I have be unsure about whether to top or fim her and seeing as it would be my first time doing either its all an experiment.
I decided to fim and see how that goes, the Mrs mentioned that I might as well because if I fudge it up I can always just top after...so Thats what I did.
Here is a shot of my fimmed BLZBUD. The new growth nodes are not as noticible as the HGK, I'm hoping to see something by the morning.
image-152.jpeg

Again not sure why sidewards but it is what it is.

I'm hoping I did it correctly...time will tell, or one of you pros if you notice any mistakes.

Still have not added growth nutes yet, just using formulex and calmag to an EC of 0.7-0.8

You have a great set up there HK. Looking forward to seeing the differences between the FIM and top. :popcorn:

Yeahni will remember to keep an eye on that. Thanks for the advice, will update tomorrow with more pics of Hopeful new growth and feedback to his my babies are feeling after the shock of having growth nutes

ok todays update!

fimmed the cotton candy, i will wait a couple days until i take photos as there has been lil growth.

ok, the HGK has some shiny brown marks, i cannot workout which picture it looks like the most on the over/under nute diagram
image8643.jpg
image8644.jpg

anybody got any idea? im not too worried about it as the new growth seems perfect.

this is the new growth from the HGK after the topping two days ago
image8645.jpg

now for mrs BLZBUD, ifimmed her yesterday (my first ever fim) and i think i done a pretty good job, again you can really go wrong as you can just top it if it goes wrong.
i took a zoomed in photo (with my iphone) i will break out the SLR sooner or later.
image8646.jpg
image8647.jpg

again im sorry for the sidewards photos, im thinking maybe i should break out the SLR sooner rather than later!

lastly a nice overview of their growth.....LOOK AT THE HGK....so far it is really growing like the only strain to score top marks across the board in the cannabis cup....just like it should be!

image8648.jpg

after previewing this post and realising just how annoying it is to have to turn your head to view my pictures i vow to never upload another sidewards photo...scouts honour

Lookin good dude. Ur HGK, if thre issue is'nt nutes or ph then it could be a plant virus. I once had a pheno of super skunk that haad tmv(tobacco mosaic virus). it did not effect the groth of the plant but it would make the leaves look very similar to that everyy now and then. and sublbc on the youtubes has it on a few of his strains. I think cannabis plants can only catch it if they contract it as a seed or very young plant and theres no way to cure it... excpt if u take a tissue culture clone. but im not doin it... Check ur numbers and let me know wag1 g

oh and if the very bottom set of leaves produce branches that are as tall as the second sset of leaves tuck the second set of leaves under the branch from the first set so that the top of the branch isnt excluded from the light as much

Back
Top Bottom