Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED Grow

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

Thanks for the tips mate. I'm stubborn though and will probably still try it as a preventative measure because I'd rather give it my all to prevent it and fail.
But yeah that's the future, I'm just planning ahead.

I'm pretty sure I am going to harvest the top colas first, I'm in two minds but I think it would be best to harvest the tops and then give the plant an extra week or two

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

love the pics on the lady! great work! keep it up ! :goodjob:

Thanks dude!

You know I'll be the first one to tell you Hidden that hardheadedness is the best teacher. To try it for yourself is the ultimate experience whether you fail or succeed. :goodluck:

You know I'll be the first one to tell you Hidden that hardheadedness is the best teacher. To try it for yourself is the ultimate experience whether you fail or succeed. :goodluck:
Best way to learn!

Got some goodies today
I have finally got Humboldt county ultra snow storm!
I got some worm casting humus to mix with my mini rockwool cubes next run
I also plan to add episom salt to the medium.
Got a bottle of hygrozyme and 12% h202 (35% has just been banned in the UK)
I have also brought two more PGR to test out to go with my triacontanol.
triacontanol is amazing stuff, it causes branching and side shoots like crazy.
Also got brassinolide and 6-benzylaminopurine

Brassinolide - General growth enhancer for vegetative growth only, enhances root growth and increases resistance to stress and disease. Used at 0.1-0.5ppm as a foliar spray every 2-3 weeks.

6-Benzylaminopurine - Has several effects, in vegetative growth it produces stronger vascular system, thicker stronger stems, bigger leaves at 300 ppm. At 2000 ppm it apparently stimulates side branches to grow as if you had pinched the top of the plant. In flowering a 300 ppm spray just at the end of week 4 significantly enhances bud development.

I'm gonna use these to attempt to make my shoreline grow taller.
These 3 products are known to be used as key ingredients in products such as boost' big bud' bud ignitor, overdrive and a bunch of other products. I brought triacontanol a year ago and have used about 1% of the powder that I paid a few pounds for!

Will let ya know how the new stuff works out.

Sounds good bro, I hope it gives you great success :)

Cheers buddy, I'm a scientist at heart and businessman by trade, so I cannot help but question things and test things out. And when I see an expensive product, i look at the company and I cannot help but think....where do you guys get this stuff from, how much do you pay and what do I have to do in order to get it that way!

Looking great and flowering nicely! Cant wait for the next bunch!

Cheers buddy, I will drop an invite for everybody on this journal when I start it although I do currently think I'm gonna run the girls an extra week because I don't personally think they will be ready at this time next week...the triches are still pretty small and do not look like rain drops yet!

I have a USB microscope camera but its so difficult to take a still picture of a bud that's still on a tree I cannot upload them, I just use my jewelers loupe

Looking great HiddenKoncept.

Cheers 60!

So this week was supposed to be the final week but I don't think that's gonna happen. To many undeveloped tops, trichomes are not ready yet either! Gonnanrun with nutes until the weekend and then start the flush with G.E.T let's rinse for another week! By that time I'm sure I will be happy with the trichomes.

Keep it green people

That's quite funny as I'm just in the middle of posting on your journal has, just waiting for my tablet to get some charge so I can check out your pictures!
Yeah I emptied the Rez and flushed the medium this afternoon before running out of daylight. So I have left them with no water in the Rez and will add the G.E.T let's rinse solution tomorrow afternoon.
I plan to run the lets rinse for a week and that will act as my flush, but I'm pretty sure I got even push it another week after looking at the resin glands under a loupe...however that would mean I would have been flowering 8-9 week strains for 12 weeks!
I will have another look next week under the loupe and decide then.

Pictures will be up tomorrow or Sunday, my babies have been stripped so will also upload photos of them!

Keep it green

Damn i'm late, but subbed now!

Damn i'm late, but subbed now!

I was 100% positive that I had already posted on here but turns out I was wrong.
Thanks for subbing up buddy!

Quick update on my girls.

I'm pretty sure its due to the fungus gnats that I'm experiencing such slow growth rates and I must say...I don't like it!
Today is the start of week 10...I harvested at 8 and a half last time and I still think they could go another two weeks!
I started the flush procedure this weekend, I flushed the medium and I replaced the rez with a G.E.T. let's rinse solution.
I will run it for another week and decide whether or not a need to go another a week.
I haven't taken any pictures this weekend as I was so busy but I'm done with the long parts until harvest so I will have time to take photos.

And as for my baby girls...I transplanted them into bigger pots today +except the sutelinr because its not big enough yet)
And normally when transplanting I'm able to lift the plant up by the stem and it would have created a rootball around the rockwool cubes....not this time, the rockwool structure collapsed leaving a really small rootball with a handful of mini rockwool cubes attached and some some light brown roots showing... I'm actually baffled.
My roots are growing really slow which would explain why they are so small considering they are 7 weeks old (will take photos tomorrow)
I have changed my nutrients and I haven't been using RO water, but these are the only changes so it must be that.
My last line of nutes had root inhancers and boosters so I may need to get some more. I'm also planning on getting some bennies and microbes going soon so that should help.
For the first time since leaving D.W.C....I miss it hehe. It was unstable and a lot more work but damn did it produce super fast growth.

So yeah I think I would benefit from a root enhancer as that seems to be one thing that really helped last time round without me knowing

That sucks about the gnats!! Not to sound like a broken record, but that stuff I mentioned that the Capn put me onto really works!! I've literally seen maybe 2 or 3 in the last month!!! I can give you the Capn's dosing regimen if you need it, but otherwise, I'm ready to see these beasts get chopped!!! :)

That sucks about the gnats!! Not to sound like a broken record, but that stuff I mentioned that the Capn put me onto really works!! I've literally seen maybe 2 or 3 in the last month!!! I can give you the Capn's dosing regimen if you need it, but otherwise, I'm ready to see these beasts get chopped!!! :)

It's a good thing you are a broken record because I totally forgot about it. I been using nilnat but I still see one or two flying around.
Going to start using it now as a preventative measure and I'm also going to add a top layer of hydroton to remove the "wet top soil" that gnats like.

What's it called again buddy?

I hope you get your roots sorted bud :)

Cheers buddy. Gonna get my RO as soon as possible and some root enhancers

I've just bought some House & Garden stuff to see if it's any good, I've been thinking of getting some mycorrhiza too to see what that does. Do you find there is much benefit to RO water over tap water?

Do you find there is much benefit to RO water over tap water?

I do. Where I live, the tap is only about 100 ppm which is not bad at all compared to other cities and especially well water, but to have RO which gets me down to 4 or 5 ppm means first I have clean pure ph neutral water, but also I now have room, especially in early veg for the nutrients I add in. RO is so stable it's completely unreal. My last grow I used only distilled when affordable, and it doesn't even compare to my RO. When shopping for RO, you might see the ones with the extra deionizing membrane, don't get it. Mine (and AG's) both have this membrane and though it makes 0 ppm water, this makes the ph very unstable as there's nothing to buffer it, so when you add the nutes, they have a tendency to fight a bit as they each have their own ph level. So I (and AG) have since disconnected our DI membranes and it's been smooth sailing since.

Koncept, did you make any progress finding a suitable replacement to Aqua Shield? I think you UK guys need to pull together and share info so you can get the most you can out of your clearly strict import laws. It amazes me that we can get "souvenirs" from you guys, but you can't get garden food from over here. I guess Made in USA isn't so popular there or something. Whatever though, there's gotta be a recipe somewhere for a good microbe tea that you can use to get monster root zones. Is it just Botanicare products that isn't sold over there, or many other USA products?

I've just bought some House & Garden stuff to see if it's any good, I've been thinking of getting some mycorrhiza too to see what that does. Do you find there is much benefit to RO water over tap water?

RO makes a huge difference in my opinion. My tap water comes out at the following
E.C. 0.7
CF 7
Ppm 448
P.h 7.0
Its really bad water!

Using RO means I can use more nutes
It means the nutes are taken in properly due to the chlorine having been removed.

House and garden seem quite interesting to me and I look forward to checking out their flower and root boosters.
As for myco and so. I have used great white and noticed the results but it is quite expensive. I'm thinking of brewing a tea rather than shelling out for products like voodoo juice. But I have seen the benefits from introducing that kind of product.

I do. Where I live, the tap is only about 100 ppm which is not bad at all compared to other cities and especially well water, but to have RO which gets me down to 4 or 5 ppm means first I have clean pure ph neutral water, but also I now have room, especially in early veg for the nutrients I add in. RO is so stable it's completely unreal. My last grow I used only distilled when affordable, and it doesn't even compare to my RO. When shopping for RO, you might see the ones with the extra deionizing membrane, don't get it. Mine (and AG's) both have this membrane and though it makes 0 ppm water, this makes the ph very unstable as there's nothing to buffer it, so when you add the nutes, they have a tendency to fight a bit as they each have their own ph level. So I (and AG) have since disconnected our DI membranes and it's been smooth sailing since.

Koncept, did you make any progress finding a suitable replacement to Aqua Shield? I think you UK guys need to pull together and share info so you can get the most you can out of your clearly strict import laws. It amazes me that we can get "souvenirs" from you guys, but you can't get garden food from over here. I guess Made in USA isn't so popular there or something. Whatever though, there's gotta be a recipe somewhere for a good microbe tea that you can use to get monster root zones. Is it just Botanicare products that isn't sold over there, or many other USA products?

We can order the products from the USA, we just have to pay stupid fees. I don't mind paying the shipping because 9/10 its cheaper to buy the item and pay for shipping from states than it would be in this country, it only works however if the person sending you the item sends it as a gift and makes sure to say its under $75 so we avoid paying customs.
I have finally found a few botanicare products out here on one website, my main problem is how hard it was to find.
I have noticed it is extra difficult to get botanicare products over here but generally its pretty good.
Its the obscure products that are really hard
Botanicare products
Humboldt are only starting to come around now (spent months looking for ultra snow storm)
Myco soluble is not sold in this country so there for I have to buy expensive products like aquashield/hydroguard
The price is normally a problem to, if it cost $100 then chances are it costs £100...which is a joke because £100 is equal to about $160 dollars right now and I could almost buy Two for that price!

My last RO had a DI unit and it was great for giving 0ppm water, I didn't realise about the pH issues but I did have bad pH issues last run so it makes sense. Thanks a lot buddy, gonna have a look for an RO now that doesn't have a D.I unit

Cheers guys!

Back
Top Bottom