Koncept's DWC - Top LED 1200W Holy Grail Kush - Blzbud - Cotton Candy - First Grow

Great Photo Shoot Koncept. I love the way those buds tower on the Cotton Candy.

Great Photo Shoot Koncept. I love the way those buds tower on the Cotton Candy.

Thanks man!!! I do love the cotton candy...I should have nicknamed mine!

Harvest has been completed!!!! Photos and stats to come tomorrow

wooow, u made it. can't wait to see the finished product!:bravo::hippy::hippy::hippy:

Thanks so much Sara! I will make sure to post it in the topled thread so everybody can know how great your lights are!

Well done Hidden, final results?

Thanks man!

They are still drying and I have no need to know the wet weight so I must wait until this dry....in that note....NEED ADVICE!!!!

My drying room is too hot and is drying the buds too quickly, I'm using my grow room as that is the only place I have, the extractor fan is on the lowest setting the fan speed will go to so there is not too much air running through the room as I have heard that is even worst.
The room is 25c (77f) which I know is slightly too warm. They are hanging from a clothing rack.
The humidity is good at 55% but I really need to get the temps down as they have only been drying for 60 hours and the outside of the buda are completely dry while the insides are still soaked!

I know some of the inside moisture will come out during the curing but I am concerned about how dry the buds are and how close the stems are to snapping.
Also I'm really trying to avoid having that green tasting weed which is probably why this is bothering me so much.

On a plus note, I have started my flux on my clones and shall be starting that journal once I have completed this one.

It's all little bit too scientific for me man, I'm sure some guys here will be able to point you in right direction; some really tuned up people here. I'm still trying to pick up bits of knowledge here and there, I've learned quite a lot from your journal, thanks. After dabbing with hps couple of years ago I've decided to give it another go this time with led's and fair amount of money. I'm looking at topled's mars II 2 x 1600w for 4"x8"x6.5" tent 8 plants scrog. Am I overdoing it with 1600's? Budget's not unlimited but £500 up or down isn't an issue, just want to do it right or not bother at all.

Love the way you organised your space, it's cleaner than some chemists

Thanks man, I think that may be as little too much power, I will give ya s better answer if I can see your space but 4x400w is better than 1x1600w.
Post a couple picks on here of your potential space if you can, if not I will help you more with my next reply.

It's all on paper (still) but space will be (no other choice) 1.2m x 2.4m x 2m (32 square foot) tent. As I mentioned earlier spending little more isn't big issue. Couple of years ago I had 30 plants under 400w and 250w hps in 2mx2m space and ended up with 12 oz dry. This was under mentoring of somebody who convinced me he know what's he doing. Don't want to repeat that, do it right or don't do it this time. Thanks

Hmm, you could do a lot with a space like that... How do you want to grow? Soil, hydro? If so what method...then we can start talking lighting. Which !method do you have the most knowledge in?

Experience I do have, wouldn't brag about some great knowledge. I've learned more out of your journal than my experience if I'm honest. Final result was 0.51gpw (30 plants, 12oz under 650w hps, in soil) which I thought wasn't that great success. Looking back on it the way all went wasn't as bad as I thought at first. Anyway, it was enough to put me off for couple of years. Greedy dealers and some money in my pocket got me thinking again.

I'm thinking ready made hydro systems (2) 90cm x 90cm, 4 x 20l air pots in each, in coco. Prefered method would be scrog, everything by the book.

Experience I do have, wouldn't brag about some great knowledge. I've learned more out of your journal than my experience if I'm honest. Final result was 0.51gpw (30 plants, 12oz under 650w hps, in soil) which I thought wasn't that great success. Looking back on it the way all went wasn't as bad as I thought at first. Anyway, it was enough to put me off for couple of years. Greedy dealers and some money in my pocket got me thinking again.

I'm thinking ready made hydro systems (2) 90cm x 90cm, 4 x 20l air pots in each, in coco. Prefered method would be scrog, everything by the book.

Hi I will give ya a full reply when I get back from work tomorrow!

Little update...

The buds are crispy dry on the outside.... Like really dry, I'm not sure if this is due to the bud washing but yeah the outside is super dry while the stem is still quite bendy. I think I'm gonna have to out them into the jars tomorrow and just keep burping them to get the moisture out.
There is still a strong smell of 'green' which again I'm hoping will leave during the cure.

I shall produce my harvest update this weekend which may even include weights I'd it continues at this pace.

So its looking like this will be my last weekend on this journal...at which point I will start my new journal!!!

ok, i would really advice having a look at LIGHT ADDICTS journal and checkout the the system he is currently using,its what i would use if i had the choice, its the OXY POT 6 site system with control head.

if money is no issue i would really recommend the budmaster lights. dont get me wrong, i love what my TOPLED lights have produced but from looking at side by side grows and stats i do think the budmaster is the stronger of the two lights.

i would also make a tea for your system...like this one Tea Bag your DWC
i had problems with hot water so again that is another think you want to think about,will you be able to cool the water if needed? do you have the funds for a water chiller?

make sure you get a couple good rotating fans in there to make your stem nice and thick.

UPDATE TIME!

got the day off so i thought, why the hell not post an update before my final update including numbers.

so my buds are dry, i dont know how to explain it but the buds are SUPER dry, and the stems are still quite bendy! so im going to jar them up this evening and begin the curing proces of burping until all the moisture still inside has gone.

here are a few photos from the harvest, please enjoy

hgkfinish1.jpg

so here is the HOLY GRAIL KUSH in her final evolution...she collapsed under the weight of her buds and underveloped stemsin low light/wind areas

candyfinish1.jpg

cotton candy...who also collapsed!

blzfinish1.jpg

and the BLZ untrimmed because it was late and i got lazy and didnt take a photo after trim.

here are the girls hanging up
hang3.jpg

hang21.jpg

hang11.jpg

im not going to weigh them until they have been in the jars for long enough to lose excess moisture.

so yeah, i will still reply to people on here but this is probably my second to last update!

ok, i would really advice having a look at LIGHT ADDICTS journal and checkout the the system he is currently using,its what i would use if i had the choice, its the OXY POT 6 site system with control head.

if money is no issue i would really recommend the budmaster lights. dont get me wrong, i love what my TOPLED lights have produced but from looking at side by side grows and stats i do think the budmaster is the stronger of the two lights.

i would also make a tea for your system...like this one Tea Bag your DWC
i had problems with hot water so again that is another think you want to think about,will you be able to cool the water if needed? do you have the funds for a water chiller?

make sure you get a couple good rotating fans in there to make your stem nice and thick.

Thanks for the advice man; I'm going have a good study of LIGHT ADDICTS journal. Lights are biggest expense (and factor) in whole system so I really need to get that bit just right. I certainly won't be skimping on any of it; false economy's my pet-hate. While all still on paper I've got time to make changes. I'm pretty meticulous in planning (professional deformation haha) as much as I can before the event. Water chiller; if comes to that, going in as soon as I can get my hands on one. I guess I'll learn is there a need for it soon enough. Thanks again

Congrats Hidden.

Thanks for the advice man; I'm going have a good study of LIGHT ADDICTS journal. Lights are biggest expense (and factor) in whole system so I really need to get that bit just right. I certainly won't be skimping on any of it; false economy's my pet-hate. While all still on paper I've got time to make changes. I'm pretty meticulous in planning (professional deformation haha) as much as I can before the event. Water chiller; if comes to that, going in as soon as I can get my hands on one. I guess I'll learn is there a need for it soon enough. Thanks again

LIGHT ADDICT is a good person to follow, the information he has is amazing and the best part about it is that it all came from trial and error rather than reading a book!
Have no fear I planned my grow for 6 months before actually starting!

BAR who has posted above is another journal to look up, check out the link in his signature First timer

Amazing to read and you get so much info because he literally stumbled acrosss a plant and had no knowledge of growing, so that journal is rammed packed with info of all levels.

Defo don't skimp on the light.

To start with I did not need a chiller, but once I got my dehumidifier my water temps started to rise rapidly, but I needed the dehumidifier to fight of any possible mild from having RH levels of 80%!

Congrats Hidden.

Thanks my friend, can I drop a post on your thread when I start my next journal to inform you and others?
If not Its cool as I will be posting the link on here too

Thanks my friend, can I drop a post on your thread when I start my next journal to inform you and others?
If not Its cool as I will be posting the link on here too
You better or else we have beef.

You better or else we have beef.

HAHAHAHAHA
I just dribbled juice down myself like a 1 year old.
thank you for that.

I have to ask ( a bit random) but do all apartment blocks in your area of new York look the same? I just feel like every sitcom I have ever seen was shot in the building opposite you hehe.

Back
Top Bottom