Koncept's DWC - Top LED 1200W Holy Grail Kush - Blzbud - Cotton Candy - First Grow

I know defol in flower is frowned on by some but Id be stripping that back some for sure my friend. Your pushing so much foliage you making them roots work like crazy. You want to tip the balance into the plant focusing energy into buds rather than keeping all that foliage healthy! :)
Just my humble point of view. Defol aint for some??? Yet check Bassmans stuff for all that haven't yet :) :)

Baseman's defoil pages are excellent but I couldn't quite work out how to take the info I learned from him and apply it to my plants.

Any tips on which areas that should start stripping?
I did think that I should start a defol but I'm unsure as to where I should start.

Thanks for the tips guys

The first place I start are the fan leaves on the main "trunk" then I turn to the "branches"
or my rule of thumb- any fan leaf that blocks bud light.
The "sugar" leafs will pick up the slack on the energy production to finish the cycle.
On a plus side makes for more usable trim and less waist:peace:

Excellent, thanks a lot man. Lights on in 3 hours so I will start then and upload some pictures.

That ks for the advice my friend

...im sorry guys i dissagree again... but these man dem hit better numbers than me so... just dnt tlk to paddy about it w/e happens dnt tlk to pat about defol.........

Yeah I'm gonna give it a go in a bit, makes sense to me...plus it will lower my RH so I'm all for it.

Was just thinking, do I ndot run a high risk of stressing the plant and getting a Hermie using this trick?
Bassman starts in veg in order to get them used to that level of stress

Was just thinking, do I ndot run a high risk of stressing the plant and getting a Hermie using this trick?
Bassman starts in veg in order to get them used to that level of stress

yea i mean it probs aint the most natural thing to do and it will re-direct some hourmones to the damaged parts of the plant but there big plants ya know.
my advice would b to b gentle and potentially do it gradually... normally i just wait for them to die off, then pluck um off but that aint gonna happen to u.
the cloneing went well yesterday. and i thin k the plants will grow back quick enuf that even if these ones are a bit early for ya. im not sure tho

just a thought for ya
defol the biggest fans first
wait a day or 2 watching for wilting of the other leaves I usually get wilt till lights out with the Leds 3-4 hours the wilt is gone

I am not sure but since I started using led the stress of certain things has been reduced ,,,,,,,,,,,,
I am actually thinking about a third defol on my ladies.:peace:

ok just did a defol, about to eat so wont write a whole bunch of info but i chopped off a fair bit so i hope it doesnt stress plant too much.

here are the photos

BEFORE DEFOL

DSC019386.JPG

AFTER DEFOL

DSC019425.JPG

some more photos from today after defol

DSC019434.JPG
DSC019443.JPG
DSC019454.JPG
DSC019467.JPG
DSC019475.JPG

thanks for the tips guys, will check on them to make sure they are ok after their make over

green days and nights guys

That's not too much at all Hidden, the plant will hardly notice what you took off judging by the pics.
Looks like your gonna have a nice harvest soon enough.;)
Good luck

That's not too much at all Hidden, the plant will hardly notice what you took off judging by the pics.
Looks like your gonna have a nice harvest soon enough.;)
Good luck

Did another bit today, about the same amount as last time...can't believe I left that many branches covered by fan leaves. Will defo do a bigger defoliation next time....actually...I plan on fluxing next time so it won't be the same.

Speaking of which I need to start preparing for my next cycle now.

MR ZILLA

On my phone so will check it tomorrow, got some nice meds fr by guy who does the organic lemon.
Og kush
Kandy kush
Cali purp
Jack herer

No big bits but a lil bit of each for Percy smoke next time you roll thru.

Back to the grow.
Added new (and last soup) before flush today running with a ppm of 800 (1.6ec)
Smell comes and goes but it is what it is really.

For a nice compact dehumidifier but it's super powerful, that will be here Wednesday and will run that with gauge set to 30% humidity so that it stays at that level.

I'm hoping for a good harvest, my dream is 15oz, my realistic goal is 10oz, if be happy with anything above 7 of high quality bud that I have grown myself...with the help of you guys from scratch.

I need to get pots and stuff ready for next one, really wanna buy bigger pots and just make it into a bubble bucket myself...with the help of mr ZILLA.

What pits have you got my clones in if they are in pots? If not do you have net pots the same size as mine for easy transplant later?
What do I need to buy , just mini rock wool cubes?

sweet dude yea ill come see ya on thursday or somethin like that
and there not in pots yet. still got another week to root in the jiffy pellets first and yea ill have little pots for when its time.
dnt have any apropreate medium tho...
hopefully ill have the funds to get ur veg box made in time. gonna get some black n white and some velcro for the sides so its easy to check on.
but yea if i get that done quick enuf then ill leave it up to u to pot them into little pots
plus as it gets hotter outside i see more bugs around my garden so i dnt really wanna veg ur girls in there b4 givein um to ya and theres not enuf time for me to get in predators.

Fair enough, I shall buy much I rockwool cubes. If you need any cash for anything to do with me just let me know and shall send it to ya bank.

Will save some of these meds for you to sample then.

Later bro

Update to come later guys

should b ok hopefully.
get in some pesticides in too.
be carefull tho i dont use most of um cos there bad for tubby.
get somethin for thrips. there might even b things u can just dip clones into as opposed to spraying on the plants which mean it wont hurt storms lil nose

should b ok hopefully.
get in some pesticides in too.
be carefull tho i dont use most of um cos there bad for tubby.
get somethin for thrips. there might even b things u can just dip clones into as opposed to spraying on the plants which mean it wont hurt storms lil nose

Is this so I can clean my clones after I get them back from you?

OK TODAYS UPDATE!

we are now on day 53 of flower and all the photos in the post where taken yesterday.
so far so good, again im still not as happy as can be with the smell but whats done is done and i have done everything that i could do in my situation to solve it.
the last throw of the dice was placing a pretty powerful dehumidifier in my room yesterday.
im unsure as to whether or not it will bring the humidity down as its still lights off and i wont be able to check for a few more hours.
my water temps have gone up to 23c (73f) but im unsure about the room temps, when i checked last night before it bacame to late to open my grow room doors the temps where at 27c (81f) so im hoping that the room gets no hotter than that while bring the humidity down!

so im on week 7 and 4 days of a grow that is ment to last 8-9 weeks.
i plan to start using my new Growing Edge Technology "lets rinse" nute in the next few days which i will run for a few days before switching over to plain RO water for the last 4-7 days of flower.
im pretty sure im gonna push it the full 9 weeks as although the top colas are nearing on completion the ones below are not as ready yet....didnt make it an even enough canopy but these are all things i have learnt from.
anyway, think i shall push it as long as possible without stressing too much
im hoping the flush is gonna get rid of the smell that i dislike (along with the dehumidifier) and make the buds smell just as good as the trichomes smell!

ok...picture time!!

first...i got too medicated and forgot which strain this is, this first shot is either the cotton candy or hgk, i think HGK (about 75%) but like i said above....medicated so...it doesnt matter, its still a pretty picture!

HGK15.JPG

overview of the girls

OVERVIEW19.JPG

top shot

TOPSHOT4.JPG

cotton candy

COTTONC.JPG

COTTONCANDY.JPG

COTTON_CANDY4.JPG

BLZ....i dont think she is quite as ready as the cotton candy and hgk and may have to be harvested early as my grow room is the only space i have to dry the stuff.

BLZ11.JPG
BLZCLOSE_UP.JPG

HGK...my favourite

she is suffering from nute burn, h202 burn, root bound issues, hot water issues, lack of oxygen issues, and she grew to fast to control compared to the others....and she is STILL here, top of the bunch, ready before the rest with more thc than a white strain...very happy with her :)

HGK33.JPG

HOLY.JPG

i would do a 2-3 day flush b4 u use the lets rinse. and maby a 2 day flush after
just to get rid of any nuts caught u in the root balls
there lookin real good man
hows the de hu?

i would do a 2-3 day flush b4 u use the lets rinse. and maby a 2 day flush after
just to get rid of any nuts caught u in the root balls
there lookin real good man
hows the de hu?

The dehumidifier brings the humidity down but the temps shot all the way up 30c! Water for a bit too hot.

Hot temps can cause mould...but only with high humidity levels so I think I'm fine.

Also after this is finished bazza gonna come and install a shelf high up so I can place the dehumidifier on there which should help with the best problems as it will be exhausted pretty quickly.

Thanks for advice, I should start collecting water really.
Will flush for a day and then add let's rinse.

Thinking abut making a top feed system, there is a method called capn style that I'm really liking and works perfectly with mini rockwool cubes. Check it out
Do it Capn Style - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Back
Top Bottom