Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED Grow

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

At least for th units I've seen, there is 1/4" tubing that goes from membrane to membrane and connects with compression fittings. If you can locate product information about your unit, you can identify which membrane is the DI membrane and just bypass it by finding the tube that feeds into it and disconnect that from both ends. Then that 2nd to last membrane can be made into the final membrane by attaching your RO discharge tube to it. Problem solved.

Perhaps you can start a thread (linked in your signature) for UK growers to sub to so you can share that single store in the UK that has the Botanicare, or other hard to find products. Then others can sub and share similar findings with you, plus it would be helpful in many other ways for the obvious reason.

As far as Aqua Shield, I got a quart well over a year ago and only use it for making tea and cloning/germination. The "shit' lasts a long time, but I have heard of it going bad in hot temps. I was lucky I guess cuz mine sat in the 100ºF attic all summer, but it still doesn't smell, so I keep using it.

When using the tea weekly, root browning occurs from air pruning or roots being stained with high EC/PPM nute mixes. The reason I say when using the tea is because this takes pythium out of the equation. When I first got started, I did a little aero experiment that ended in pythium. I used H2O2 in that run and still got the rot. Shortly after is when The Capn stumbled onto my grow and began helping me out, on and off the board. Someone willing to step up and literally "help" was someone that I gave more credibility to their opinions. I have since learned most of what he's tried to teach me from then till now, and regardless of what style of growing I come across when looking for new journals to follow, I ALWAYS "recommend" (not just suggest) the use of this tea. My roots are always white from the moment I started using the tea, and the growth that stems from excessively happy roots is explosive to say the least.

If you gotta go in on some ingredients with someone else to split the costs, it would so be worth your while. The tea IMO is what makes "Simple Hydroponics" comparable to DWC. It creates optimal conditions for roots to thrive all while further breaking down organic matter into usable ferts. The stuff is simply fantastic.

Re: Koncept's Flux Capacitor! Cap'n Style Hydro - Holy Grail Kush & Blzbud 1200w LED

Thanks so much dude!
Gonna check out the on from the other day to get the recipe down but i will order all the things I need to brew the tea this week along with a new RO unit!
The tea can last up to 10 days in the fridge right?
Thanks for all the advice my friend, I'm looking forward to getting my roots to expload again...its the only thing I miss about DWC.

Good idea about the thread in my SIG...I'm defo going to do that so that people from the UK can share info!

Thanks buddy

Yeah, it can be stored for up to 10 days in the fridge, I just don't know if the bennies are still as aggressive as they are after 36-48 hours of brewing. I saved a liter once, but have since only inoculated once weekly with great results. Here's my fractionalized version of Capn's recipe;

1 gallon RO or Distilled
6 TBS Ancient Forest (or Worm Castings)
5ml Aqua Shield
3ml molasses................(stir thoroughly)
1/2 gram of Great White (or other mycorrhizae product)

aerate with air stone for 36-48 hours. Mix again thoroughly, but let the majority of floating solids settle. Add 8 oz. of skimmed off the top tea per large plant ONLY into media. this is for the roots only and none should get on the leaves. If cloning in cubes, dunk the rooting cube into the tea batch for about 5-10 seconds to ensure the cube is immersed. Also, decrease portions proportionately for smaller plants. No set rule on that, but don't add so much that the media's ph is overly affected. I rarely check the ph of the tea as Capn said to not add and chemicals to the tea as it would disrupt the bennies. If your tea is way out of PH range, perhaps first correcting the PH of the water and allowing that to aerate for a few hours before adding in tea ingredients. Another practice I developed is to plan my tea feeding to be just before a res change as my situation is a recirculating system and the tea runoff lands in the res which IMO is not good. The molasses in the tea is only to feed the mycos, nothing more. With that said, I know that some molasses will end up in my res and I don't want it in there so I swap the res the next day.

Thanks buddy!

I won't continue the convo here as I sent you a msg which you already answered.

Quick update

I have finally seen some amber triches! Well I didn't, I had to ask my mrs to have a look because I have trouble holding the loupe steady for long enough.
So I will probably be harvesting this weekend, it all depends on if I can get my RO unit in time and produce enough water examine I need to wash my bud....I'm never not washing my bud again! But I need RO water to wash the bud as my tap water is awful.

I took photos but I'm not on my laptop right now so can't upload them.
I must say that I do feel that I have a lot more triches this time round....they look huge! I can only suggest that this is because I had the light a bit closer this time and I sprayed my girls a few times during flower with triplantanol and once with ultra snow storm...I can definable see a difference and I still have another 5 days at least until I harvest!
I will check under the loupe on Friday and make a decision then.

Keep it green guys

If you can, grab one of these guys from your large hardware store. they're good for screening a lot of crap from tap water and I use mine as a prefilter before my RO unit under the kitchen sink. So when I turn on the faucet, I have at least filtered water on the cold side, and this protects my RO membranes. It also makes a mean pot of coffee too boot. Make note that when producing RO, your filter will dump 4 gallons of waste water to produce a single gallon of RO, so washing with RO, especially if it's a large harvest might be somewhat costly.

If you can, grab one of these guys from your large hardware store. they're good for screening a lot of crap from tap water and I use mine as a prefilter before my RO unit under the kitchen sink. So when I turn on the faucet, I have at least filtered water on the cold side, and this protects my RO membranes. It also makes a mean pot of coffee too boot. Make note that when producing RO, your filter will dump 4 gallons of waste water to produce a single gallon of RO, so washing with RO, especially if it's a large harvest might be somewhat costly.

Its BaD for the environment but my water is on a set price no matter how much I use, so although I'm destroying the planet...it doesn't cost me any more.
I'm gonna check out that link as my water is really bad, comes out at 448ppm! So it might be worth getting one as a pre filter.
The things we do for our plants!

Water usage does nothing to the planet, or even the water system save for maybe put a little bit more load against a reservoir that supplies your town.

It's a good thing you are a broken record because I totally forgot about it. I been using nilnat but I still see one or two flying around.
Going to start using it now as a preventative measure and I'm also going to add a top layer of hydroton to remove the "wet top soil" that gnats like.

What's it called again buddy?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!! Had some stuff going on here..

That's the stuff.. I use about 3 drops per gallon in the res, and it works great!! I used 5 per gallon for the first week's treatment, and literally within 2 days, I saw the population cut in half, and then a couple days later, they were almost completely gone.. From what the Capn said, you'll probably never get rid of them completely, as I found a couple in a few of my other house plants the past couple days, so I will be throwing a couple drops in their watering this week to see if I can at least reduce the colony to only a couple.. Once my gf and I move, before I set anything up to begin growing again at my next spot, I'm going to thoroughly clean all of my equipment to include light fixtures, tent, reservoir, pumps, piping, etc... with a mild bleach solution and I'm going to get a fresh bag of rockwool with the hopes of not bringing any of these bastards with me!!! lol

I'm pretty excited to see these chop pics!!! :)

Sorry it took so long to get back to you!! Had some stuff going on here..

That's the stuff.. I use about 3 drops per gallon in the res, and it works great!! I used 5 per gallon for the first week's treatment, and literally within 2 days, I saw the population cut in half, and then a couple days later, they were almost completely gone.. From what the Capn said, you'll probably never get rid of them completely, as I found a couple in a few of my other house plants the past couple days, so I will be throwing a couple drops in their watering this week to see if I can at least reduce the colony to only a couple.. Once my gf and I move, before I set anything up to begin growing again at my next spot, I'm going to thoroughly clean all of my equipment to include light fixtures, tent, reservoir, pumps, piping, etc... with a mild bleach solution and I'm going to get a fresh bag of rockwool with the hopes of not bringing any of these bastards with me!!! lol

I'm pretty excited to see these chop pics!!! :)

Gonna check that stuff out my friend thanks!
Yeah the gnats have moved over to my babies and I'm not happy about it! I'm using nilnat right now but will switch it up to this stuff!

Hey guys! I'm still around!!!!
Donut that I am I left my bag on the train with my tablet and laptop! I had a bunch of bags and my little one with me and I literally just left it by my seat. Connected the company to inform them but I'm not holding my breath. This has made posting a bit difficult as I no longer have anything to post on and currently using the mrs phone.

I have taken some photos and will be popping round a mates house tomorrow to do an update.
My girls are still on flower! Week 13 of an 8-9 week strain...this has been a long wait toget my meds and they are STILL not ready. I have to harvest this weekend as I have spotted signs of mold at the bottom of the canopy. I will install a fan before the babies go Into the grow room.
Havest time is Saturday and I will upload a final update tomorrow before posting harvest pictures.
Just like last time I plan to wash my bud using dr buds bud washing technique. This time I will use the 4 bucket method with added h202 because of the fact I spotted mold and we all know how that stuff likes to travel.

The babies are doing well and I have also taken photos of them, they need a defoliation but I'm just about to make up a couple Plant growth hormones, so I'm going to wait until I have folier sprayed error stripping the leaves again...the double flux is a whole different kettle of fish!!!! I wasn't ready for the step up in challenge!

Anyway that's me guys, I will borrow my mrs phone from time to time to post things and I will post an update tomorrow!

The thing that I'm most upset about is that I cannot enter my girls into plant of the month/year because I'm worried about moving them and having the mold fly everywhere...although I'm washing them so I guess that doesn't matter too much...we shall see...the BLZBUD looks pretty cool!

Keep it green guys

Before clipping a branch with mold, maybe drench the whole thing with a mild h2o2 and tap water (if chlorinated) solution in a spray bottle and give it hell?

I been spraying every other day the past week because if the mold. It's only on the hgk00 which I personally don't think will be able to stand on it's own anyway so I don't mind about having to chop that before photos. If I can get the other two plants out first will also be a lot easier. I have tomorrow to think about this so I'm not worried. Just can't wait to get them down and dry so I can move my babies into the big room...they have outgrown there current location and I feel like they really need to be hit with some TOPLED light!

Keep it green guys

Sorry your having these issues my friend! But good on ya for having the next lot ready to rock! :)

Cheers buddy, will post a picture update tonight to show you guys what's up and will pass round your grow journal later buddy!
Sent ya an email the other day and forgot to let you know via text or PM.

Quick update GOT A WORKIN RO UNIT! So I'm back to having low enough ppm to use my G.e.t range properly!

Are the UK peeps closer to finding commonly used grow products?

Are the UK peeps closer to finding commonly used grow products?

I have not actually started that thread yet, with the loss of my laptop and tablet my access to the internet is limited. I will still do that 100% as it's a great idea and one that I would personally benefit from a lot.
I'm thinking I will go through all the UK sponsers too and create links to them pages.

Nice one on the RO buddy and ill go check my emails lol. So will get that thing sorted :)

Cheers dude, love having RO water again and it's gong to make for a much cleaner wash!

Would the water my dehumidifier sucks out of the air be the same as RO water? It has an EC of 0.0 & I think the ph was 7.4

Would the water my dehumidifier sucks out of the air be the same as RO water? It has an EC of 0.0 & I think the ph was 7.4

...mind blown....
I have no idea, I guess if it's got an e.c of 0.0 then it's cleaner than my water...I say use it for folier spraying and flushing if you have a lot of it!

Yep its basically the same thing :) I use all my water from my mini dehumidifier.

That's excellent. I never thought to do that before!

Back
Top Bottom