Bassman Tests Greensun Cob LED With Flux - Holy Grail Kush - RDWC

I'm paranoid as hell right now. I found an atty, he wants $10k to represent me. And I must come up with $3k by Monday. I'm at least $1k away right now. And that's with maxing a CC out. Yet, I worry they'll show up with a warrant even before I see the atty, or that they'll charge me and hook me up requiring bail which I could not pay. That's when I'd lose my job I think.

Been going through tons of articles about the feds supposed to leave patients alone per Obama. And here I am looking at a fed indictment. WTF, man All I was ever trying to do was take care of mom. I became overwhelmed and I guess I should have somehow gotten her into a home but it just didnt feel right. Believe me, I could have lived a much easier life and had lots of fun had I stayed alone in a nice apartment. Other than for work, I've never been away from the house for more than maybe 6 hours a couple times in the last 2.5 yrs, and mostly never gone for more than 2-3. So it's not like I haven't sacrificed a lot to try to be a decent son.

Sorry I'm starting to whine now.

Hey Bassman
My sincerest sympathies-you sure got a raw deal having all your plants taken.

I admire your dedication to your mom. Having cared for elderly parents myself I know what a sacrifice it is.

I am fuming over the fact that public servants dedicated to protecting us have chosen to do the opposite. I live in a totally legal state, and law-enforcement around here does equally ridiculous things. But charges and convictions are pretty rare. I really suspect they are flexing their muscles in a vain attempt to bolster job security.

Hang in there! You and your mom are in my prayers.

Terrible news to hear Bassman :(

Like others, I'm sending my version of 'prayer'. :Namaste:

So it was feds at the door, but they didn't take your gear or charge you? Weird. If there are no charges, there is no court case, so why do you need an attorney? If no charges, what was the basis for the warrant?

You don't have to discuss anything here. I know you've gotta be on an emotional roller coaster.

For 7 plants?!!!? WTF? I'm glad to live in the US, but sometimes I hate this fu##ing country.

Mate I really don't knoe what to say, I have been learning from your past threads and posts without actually getting to this journal until now only to find out what has happened to you. I'm truly shocked, to send a swat team to your house for 7 plants is nothing short of a joke.
FLASH BANGS!?!? Don't they do their research before hand ? Did they not know that the house didn't belong to a 22 year old gang banger. What need/ right do they have to be so abusive.

I really hope this has taken a turn for the better in the time since your last post I really do.
You have done such amazing things for this community and if karma exists on this earth then things will get right for you my friend.
Peace and love, and I hope your moms doing ok :circle-of-love:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

We are sorry to hear of your bad news. We hope that all is well with you and yours.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Well, folks, an update of sorts. Might be a long one. Might be a bit of a rant too.

I was finally charged in June '14. Felony possession, cultivation, etc, and 3 counts of gross misdemeanor elderly abuse! The elderly abuse was based on my failure. My failure to shampoo carpets over the past month or so from mom's incontinence (thanks to the prescription drugs). I had become so overwhelmed and it was bad at just the wrong time. When they raided me!

I went to the 1st hearing, a warrant issued, and atty setting hearing to get warrant quashed. I was REALLY fortunate in that a doctor friend had sent my atty $30k for estimated bail just in case. But the facking judge made the bail amount $60k! So they hooked me up to take me to jail. Atty had my friend on phone before he was ever out of the courthouse, and another $30k was wired immediately. The jail had my bond money, all $60k posted by 6pm. I should have been out right away. But some dumb ass court clerk had put something in my court record not allowing me out. It took my atty 5 days to get (weekend involved) the court transcript to prove otherwise and get me out on bail.

For the next 6 months I was not made aware of my mother's whereabouts. I would eventually get a call from a state funded, private guardian officer asking me if I would approve of hospice. WTF? Where is my mom! I did find out and saw her the next day. Holy shit was she in bad shape. She had been in 7 hospitals in 7 months. Just passed from one place to the next. She was basically incoherent by now. Even repeatedly calling me mom. The dementia was super bad. Something we had tremendously slowed with MMJ. She had lost over 60 pounds in 6 months too. From an obvious overweight of 210 to 145 pounds. But she didn't lose it in a healthy way by any means.

The facility she was in had some sort of guidance type counselor person to help people find better resources. Mainly Hospice care, and she explained the process to me. I agreed to have her bring in a placement rep from a hospice care company. This rep, was the first person besides myself that I found that seemed to truly understand and care that she got proper treatment. I even pulled her aside and explained my situation and how I previously treater her with MMJ, and how hard I tried to find additional resources for help to no avail. She explained further that she came her from Washington state and found Nv to be the worst in the country for people to try to find the proper resources. They have them in NV, finding them is the problem.

Within about 10 days we had her being transferred into a hospice facility. I elected to give her a day there after the move in before going to visit. On the morning I was going to visit, I got a call from the hospice that she had passed in the early am. WOW, thanks state of fucking NV! Mom was so much more at peace with me and in a cognitive state.

That was Dec 7th. I cried my eyes out. Feeling like a failure to mom.

Jan rolls around for my trial date.

In the end, my atty suggested I take a plea to 2 gross misdemeanors of elderly abuse. I wanted to fight but he suggested that a jury would likely be "holier than thou" and think they could have handled it, thus making me a bad guy. The state wouldn't budge on making a sentencing deal and wanted to argue. My atty's thought I likely wouldn't get more than a 6 month sentence and even that would be surprising. As well, with zero record, they thought it would be suspended.

May came the sentencing date. Even before the hearing started I knew the DA wanted to hang me. 364 days each sentence in county is the max. That's what he went for, and the judge gave me 364 on 1 count, and 9 months on the second count. To run CONSECUTIVE! I was blown away.

Fortunately, I had pre arranged with my nephew to put in for all of my vacation time (15 days) and put in for a LOA at work once they knew the result. Within about 5 days in jail I had an application for house arrest sitting on my bunk.

I filled it out, and was approved. I got out on the very last day of my vacation time. And the LOA had not been approved because the nephew filed it for the entire 23 month period which wasn't going to happen obviously.

So now I wear a bracelet on my ankle that's got this big ass gps unit on it. But I'm not in jail. I can go to work, shopping a couple times a week, banking, etc. But basically that's it. I had moved in with a relative when this all started, but I had to get out of there because the kids smoke pot and if the house arrest cops see that I go back to jail. So I'm now in a small little studio apt not far from work. I will be off the bracelet at about the 13.5 month mark from sentencing date. Approx mid June 2016.

I'm not free, but I'm also not in jail. And with no drug charges, I may be able to keep my gaming license when it comes up for renewal.

I came to 420mag to learn to grow and treat my mom's dementia. I'm forever grateful to this community for it's guidance. I had not been around MJ for over 30 years. And I still haven't smoked it even with growing for mom.

I can say with confidence MMJ helped mom with her Alzheimer's disease. It dramatically slowed the progression. I highly suggest to anyone with a loved one with it to try it out. I found butter to be the best way for mom. She didn't have to smoke it. But I had to grow more to make it also.

To all those that helped along the way. Many thanks.

Possibly in the not so distant future, my hope is to create a non profit that streamlines and finds the resources for those in need like me and my mom were. I know nothing about that stuff, but the placement gal from that hospice company seems willing to help. All I want to do is make it so others don't keep running into the brick walls I did just because I didn't know WHERE to look for help.

Thanks everyone for your guidance, love, prayers at 420mag. There are some truly good, caring folks here.

Buddy my god all mighty! So sorry for the loss of your mom and the crap that seems to have been dumped on you! I wish I could help in any way whatsoever. Yet all I can do is send my best vibes and wishes.
You dont know it but I make your journals a must read for any who want to follow my ways. You were a great source of info and a true diamond of 420 in my eyes.
As for your non profit idea, when the time comes if it does ill have yoyr back my friend!
Just know youve been and will stay in our thoughts and prayers!

So sorry to hear all your troubles but great to have you back on here to let us know your ok. Although ok dont really cover it I guess.
You take good care of yourself and dont be a stranger my friend!

Bass it is kinda hard to know what to say here but I am so sorry about your Mom... the rest of it well... I'm sitting in the beginning of that story as I type... I'm waiting on them to kick in my door as I know I have been compromised.... This is truly the worst feeling I have ever had and the thought of them taking my equipment that grows my meds is really freaky but that part just is what it is and we both knew the consequences if we got caught... I, like you, have no record... not even a traffic ticket... and I have tried to disillusion myself that this will make a difference but I know in reality it will not.... I've destroyed 1 last night and have 2 that I can chop... they are a bit early but they will make fine daytime meds but the rest are being burned... I hate this and it just seems so unfair.... May God bless you and help you get through this and as many have said if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.....:circle-of-love:

My god Bassman! You've been dealt a Joker from the bottom of the deck! I was coming by to finally witness one of your renowned grows and instead I read all this. Between your mother, the legal problems, and now the monitoring I don't see how you're holding it all together. All I can say is; well really words can't do much but do know we all here have our hearts open to you.

I cannot say more than has been said but really feel for you. I am sending you some green love :green_heart: in the hope it will help you along your chosen path. Just believe to yourself that your Mum would have wanted you to find the help for others that she could not get for herself. Anybody who cared for an elderly parent as you explained is a GREAT person in my eyes and you should feel proud for taking the time to look after her. All the best fella :love:

Heya Bass! You dont know me but anybody thats a friend of LA is a friend of mine! So sorry about your mum! Sorry about your legal issues too..... I live in a state where prohibition of this great plant stagnates peoples lives. My sis....veryy serious epileptic could use the CBD..... I look forward to keepin an eye out for your future role in 420! Peaccee & good vibes brother!

Wow Bassman

Just read this. You are one of the folks here that I truly admired for what you did for your mom and your willingness to share what you learned. :Namaste:

After reading this, I can't help but think of the saying, "no good deed goes unpunished". I'm struggling to figure out how all this balances out your karma, so I have to assume you have some real good coming your way soon.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad you still see the importance of the message that it DID help your mom. I'm sorry you had to go through all this. From what I know of you, you're the best son any mom could ask for.

Bassman,
My sincerest sympathies on losing your mother that way. I couldn't help but cry as I read what you and your dear mom experienced. You were both abused by the corrupt legal and health system we now have.
And it wasn't only the two of you. It's happening to everyone- Medicare/ Medicaid services to private insured- all corrupted.
Our United States has the most inefficient broken Social services and medical system of its peers. Corporation controlled for-profit healthcare and Medicare program equally damaged.
I have Obamacare and with premiums and deductibles spent 1/3 of my gross income- $12,000 on "affordable" healthcare this year- had to dip into savings.... Looked at 2016 Offerings- looks like $13000. WTF!

Cannabis is finally being investigated and tested for treating many diseases in my state (Colorado). Legalization and acceptance is happening- unfortunately, just wasn't soon enough for your mom and you.

I don't have the first clue how to solve the problem with our healthcare system.
I wish you well in your endeavor.
Take care of yourself Bassman,
Flower Child

Back
Top Bottom