Bassman Strips The Holy Grail Kush - Defoliated - RDWC - Undercurrent - Again

Hi mate

glad i caught the start of ur new journal. I def think the shock was the colder water. in ur pics u can see a little browning on the rooted clones roots so it was prob 70f at least in there, even a couple degrees can cause shock but they are picking up nicely now.

Your bud pics look really burnt, the bud itself looks fine but the leave looks a shocker? what ec/ppm were u running?

I actually liked the 3 part by that other planet but still feel canna aqua line up is best for dwc/ rdwc. I have some dwc running AN ph perfect and early results are very promising but the proof is in the end product. if this really works it will save alot of hassle of ph'ing, i hope it works out ok.

i know u have ur setup the way u like it but if u ever decide to try something new with regards to nutes def try the canna base and dutch pro explode for flower boost. its expensive but so simple to use and the most effective boost ive ever used and ive tried alot.

Im running 3 Large RDWC systems now after what we talkd about earlier in the year. 2 30 pot system using 30 litre buckets and 1 20 pot system using 25litre buckets and they are amazing. so glad i moved to RDWC. I run 25 600w hps on 1 30 pot and 20 600w hps on the other, they are amazing mate. I thank u for ur input on setting them up. I actually lost 2 set ups not long after i set them up so was pretty gutted but right now things are back on track.

make this grow a good one :)

The bud was running around 2-2.1 e.c. with a high dose of BigBud in both the powder and liquid forms. I probably have 3 grows to go with the other planet base. But will be using BigBud for flowering period.

You may be right about the shock. Never had that before but in this grow I had not added the ice jugs to the outer bath tubs these girls were initially in for at least 5 days. We had some cooler weather, but I know that water still was at least 74-75 before going into this tent with the chiller.

REALLY glad to here you got that setup running well!

Welcome guys. Just took a peak on the girls. PH was 6.19 so I dropped it a bit. Did some defoliation and bending again. I'll take some pics after the bends turn 90 degrees upwards.

My other grow is on day 47 of flower. Typically 70 day strain. So I really need to flip these soon to get my cycle right and I have some clones to veg out. I have 1 clone that's rooted. It was a 1/2 assed clone too tbh. I mean I just took a rather tall topping and dropped it in water and she's rooted. I have 3 others in the same container, again tall tops with just the stems in water. They have yet to root but are totally viable it looks to cut short become good clones. If they start to root in the next day or two I may drop them all into veg in 3.5g dwc. It would really set my timing closer to right if they did.

Hopefully pics later today or tomorrow.

Hey Scotty, Welcome! Normally I'm sleeping at this hour because of work but someone called me and woke my ass up. Now I can't sleep.

I wish this was a better grow to show off. Sadly it just isnt. I've been having really unusual wild ass ph swings and it's causing nute lockout. It's been steady the last 2-3 days with micro management, but it's still really obvious in my leaves. This grow will end up ok. Not great but ok nonetheless I'm sure.

Hey look at it this way, y'all get to watch how to go through rough patches and come out ok!

One thing for sure, I'm never going to take any more shortcuts to my normal between grow clean out of the system. I'm sure that's the cause. Self induced, just to save time and being lazy.

Might have pics tomorrow after football for everyone. Nothing impressive, just an update on the struggles.

I just cut everything that had a stem from my 2-3 weeks flowering ladies! I know both sides: defoliate / don't defoliate. At this point, I have one 1000w hps light and 13 plants. You know where this is going… They are shading themselves and each other. They were shading themselves……. I moved them much closer together, and the nugs all get massively more light energy. Nug leaves only. What a beautiful sight. After one day they look perky, healthy, drinking, frosty, smelly, sticky and inviting. Your stories give me encouragement. Thanks Bassman!

Nice too here 94xjjohn. Don't fret over this now, but be careful about yanking leaves that early in flower. Sounds like you're near end of stretch period so you should be fine. But hitting them hard during stretch (that first 21 or so days of 12/12) can cause them to practically shut down stretching. If this is what you want because they are too tall, that's ok.

Sounds like your plants are loving it already and doing great. It likely wont be long and you'll grow fewer plants under the same wattage and get better results. Cheers!

Welcome to 420mag too!

With 13 flowering ladies under 1 light, I had to make them skinny. They were free in an emergency situation from an advanced breeder. Don't even know what strains (don't know breeder, dealt w/ wife) they are! Both ind. and sat. strains by the diff. heights and leaves. Yes, I'll not grow so many again, but how do you throw out what may be God Spawn? And how do you choose which to keep? I hear there's one of me born every minute! :yikes: lol

PS. Don't need anymore stretch, thank you very much.
PPS. Thanks for the warm welcome, Bassman. I think I'll like it here! So much info. from like minds (no insult intended).

get some pics up of ur fucked plant(s) mate. it will help others see the pit falls. its important to show good and bad mate so people know what to look for. I know ur situation and its shit that it messes with ur cycle but go back to day 1 if its so bad, dont waste time flowering out crap. Just my opinion mate but u grow meds for someone close to u, and i know u want to do the best u can. U made a mistake and its caused an issue, obviously ifu think u can fix it then fix it but theres no shame in aborting mission my friend.

hope u figure it out soon.

Cultivator- Are you talking to me? I think you need to reread post #52. Go now, we'll wait…………OK! This is an amazing outcome to a dire situation, which goes to show ya that….. with 40 years growing under my belt, dedication, and a never ending fire to push the limits (like you?) of what this miracle plant can do, I've saved the prodigy of an expert botanist ( PHD ) who's worked years to perfect these Hawaiian exotics. When I'm able to meet him, I'll show him your post. I'm sure he'll LOL as much as me! I apologize for making you misunderstand. I'll post pics when I learn how. Reread post #52. Peace/out.

Sorry if that came out as hostile. It's just so great having these ladies. And my god (little g so as not to offend), it's been 46 years!!! Lost 50 full term ladies to thieves 38 years ago. "Time flies when you're having fun"---unknown source. I'm from Cali don't cha no (have just come of late to accept "Cali" ugh!). See ya.

Back
Top Bottom