Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

well done on the harvest mate, the buds look great.

i have been following your defo method and i have been getting some great results, i did change something and ill explain in a minute, now i removed any leaves that was blocking light or bud sites and it did stunt them for a day or 2, but after that they grew like crazy and the pop corn buds are no longer pop corn buds, they now have a stem of their own and are putting on weight, here is where i change something,
i noticed that the buds at the end of the branches seem to always be the biggest, this is because the ends of the branches grow up as well as outwards, so i got thinking about a scrog and how even and big all the buds are, so then i had an idea, i used pipe cleaners and hooked these over each branch, then i pulled the branch down until it was running horizontal, so all the buds on the branches are at the same height, so the bud on the end of the branch is no longer the highest up, on one branch i tested what would happen if i pulled the branch down so that this bud was lower than the rest of the buds on that branch, well when i did this i noticed that after a few days the plant had shifted its growth from the bud at the end and then it put the growth into the next highest bud on the branch, so now i know the plant focuses its growth at the highest buds on each branch so then i made sure all the buds are at the same height on each branch and it seems to be paying off, all the buds are putting on weight a lot quicker than they was, when compared with a plant of the same age its clear the buds on this are a lot bigger than the plant that i had not trained,

so next time round ill start the defo method in veg to prepare the plant for flower, i thought i messed it up when i trimmed the leaves and the plant stopped growing, but after a day or 2 it grew like crazy, when i removed the leaves the plant was smaller than my other plants, but after a few days of letting the light in the plant grew like crazy and not it is fuller and looks healthier than the other plants, the other plants have not filled out like this one, they grow as normal, but this plant has really started to fill out,

reps for the harvest and all the info mate

Been awhile since I looked to see what you have growing on. Looks like I timed it pretty good. Congrad's on the harvest.. I'll read up in abit Keepem Green

Ok, I did a jar test and came out at 67% rh, so they are being jarred for cure now. I'll do longer burps (1-2 hr) and slowly bring them down to 63-64% rh to cure. Dry weigh is 646 grams or 24.19oz! All really good bud. I probably could have squeezed another 1/4 -1/2oz of tiny bud but I really got tired of trimming and just threw that stuff into the dry ice hash pile.

I'll take pics and post later. Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement!

I'll respond to the above posts after I jar everything up.

Oh, big gurlie? she came out to 10.43oz!

I R a bonehead!

I bought some more canning jars for curing. I knew the 12 or so I had wouldn't be enough. Then I forgot to buy the WIDE MOUTH jars. doh!

In jars and ready for cure.

PA110013.JPG
PA110015.JPG
PA110014.JPG
PA110019.JPG
PA110032.JPG

Looking good my man. Did y start up another grow to keep your cycle going?

Thanks SR.

I'm cleaning buckets between innings (SFGIANTS 6-0 baby!) as we speak. I hope to get it all done and and transition nutes filled and move my Master Kush in to flip to 12/12 today before I sleep for work tonight. I'll post a link when I get it done and post the pics from veg to present in the new journal.

Ok, I did a jar test and came out at 67% rh, so they are being jarred for cure now. I'll do longer burps (1-2 hr) and slowly bring them down to 63-64% rh to cure. Dry weigh is 646 grams or 24.19oz! All really good bud. I probably could have squeezed another 1/4 -1/2oz of tiny bud but I really got tired of trimming and just threw that stuff into the dry ice hash pile.

I'll take pics and post later. Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement!

I'll respond to the above posts after I jar everything up.

Oh, big gurlie? she came out to 10.43oz!

:yahoo: Awesome. Flat out awesome. Really well done buddy - I am super impressed! :bravo:

That's a hell of a yield and harvest. Wowzers! Congrats my friend! :goodjob:

Bah, false alarm.

Earlier today I filled a jar and dropped a hygrometer into it. After about 45 mins to an hour it read 67% rh. perfect for cure to start, but it seemed fast. So I jarred them up and some 4 hours later they were at 80% rh.

Back out of the jars for another 18 hrs or so at least and we'll see what happens.

Unfortunately I put my dry rack away and cleaned and filled my tubs for the next batch. Normally I would dry in the tent. So I put all the bud into paper bags and a layer each on cardboard box and into the room the tent is in. But I didnt move the plants into the tent.

I'll have to keep a close eye and make sure they dont go into the jars too damn early in the future. I knew in my gut it was too early.

All is well. Part of the process and learning from minor mistakes.

soz mate i got to spread the love first, can someone else reps him for me, he more than deserves it,

No worries don. I aint here for the rep anyways. Thanks for the thought all the same!

sweeeeet! I wish my roots were that white! I don't know if it's my nuts, but my roots are light brown, using a little peroxide,seems to help. whatta ya think??
brown_roots1.jpg
They are right, H202 will help but, it can and will keep coming back atcha. If you want to solve the issue in one fell swoop get Dutch Masters Zone will kill the root rot and keep your system sterile so nothing bad can grow in it. And just like they stated. Temps should run between 65 to 70

what kind of water temps do you have?

thank you for the help. My 1st AERO grow, turning into DWC, from root growth. Here is todays picture, plants r very happy.

Strain - Sativa Hybrid KGB
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - AERO (roots reached water-DWC)
Grow Stage - Grow
Setup - RUBBERMAID 35 Gallon
Light - 100 Watt CFL
Nutrients - FOXFARM GrowBig
Medium - lavarock
PPM - 900
PH - 6
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature - 65 to 78
Solution Temperature - 62 to 69
Room Square Footage - 6
Pests - None Known

101210.jpg

Problem: I'm having a yellowing of my roots. Any ideas?

They are right, H202 will help but, it can and will keep coming back atcha. If you want to solve the issue in one fell swoop get Dutch Masters Zone will kill the root rot and keep your system sterile so nothing bad can grow in it. And just like they stated. Temps should run between 65 to 70

Oh yes; it's all about DM Zone! I didn't have any root rot problems before I started using it, but it was very early days in my grow and i had some severe res temp issues, hitting 36 centigrade. It was asking for problems and took me a bit to get on top of. Alaskan1 steered me in the DMZ direction on another thread (thank you!) and whilst I managed to get on top of the res temps in the end (well, 95% of the time), they still occasionally get too warm (still haven't managed to work out why, it's very random and a bit of a mystery to say the least!).
But with regular use use of DM in the nute solution I've not had any root issues despite the occasional temp problems, and it's also given me massive peace of mind. Without it I'm pretty sure I would have had rot at some point by now. Basically, if you're running hydro then running DMZ is a must

Back
Top Bottom