Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

Fantastic harvest Bass, well done.

Out of interest (and not meaning in any way to teach you to suck eggs) but have you calibrated those little digital hygrometers? Reason I ask is I bought a couple of what look like to be exactly the same ones and one was 5% too high and the other was 6% too low when I calibrated them. May be worth checking if you haven't just in case one's particularly low and the RH in a jar ends up higher than you think it is.

I havent seen a way to calibrate them. I'll take a look. I generally look at the avg overall.

I put mine in an airtight Tupperware container along with a teaspoon full of salt with a bit of water on it (so the salt is damp) and left it for a few hours/overnight.
The RH in the container with wet salt will be exactly 75% so one of my hygrometers read 80% and the other 69%.
I then just stuck a little sticker on each so when I read them I know to add or subtract the relevant amount to get an accurate reading.

I'm going to be ordering some of those,
thank you for the calibration tip Mr. Knight!
:thumb:

No worries Vick - they're good little hygrometers for the price - I think mine cost me £1 - £2 each or something which is really cheap, and at that price I wouldn't expect the factory calibration to be spot on. Once you know what they're calibrated to and you can adjust they're great little things

So how do you know that the teaspoon of salt and water is 75%? Just wondering, not doubting your method. That's a good tip, I'll be able to check all mine now as well. Thanks bro!

I'm a big fan of cigars and it's the standard way of calibrating hygrometers for humidors so it was something I learnt through one of my other hobbies. It's just one of those things that damp salt will always produce an RH of 75%, but I can't tell you exactly why I'm sorry!

How to Calibrate a Hygrometer for Cigar Humidors

Made 28g of Dry ice hash from the trimmings. Used a 220 bag, WRONG damn bag! Too green, crapola. I have a 90 micron bag but just wasnt thinking I guess.
P1080002.JPG

So, Sunday I finished all cleanup on tent. Ran about 10 gals of tap water with a small amount of bleach through the system for about 6 hours to sanitize. Then drained and ran maybe another 30g through the system adding and taking away 3-4 gals at a time as the system recirculates to make sure any possible bleach residue in the pump, chiller, hose, etc would be at an absolute minimum for next flowering period.

I stealthed up the flower room and finally called the rental agency to send in a heater repair man. Once he showed up I turned off the air pumps in the veg closet and the light on the next 4 plants. No visual evidence is noticeable, and he repaired the heater. Two weeks of heating the home with the damn stove/oven is over. I hate to think what my gas bill will be this month. But the ordeal is over.

Once done, I made up 15 gals of Blue Planet Nutrients transition mix at 100%, then added that to system and added 2 more gals of ro water and fired up the system to mix it well and turned on the chiller. While that was going on I took clones.

I took about 11 clones of Martian Kush, and 5 clones of Master Kush. The Martian Kush is lankier than the Master. The two plants were taller than the Master Kush, so I took large stem clones from tops and clipped em shorter to get the plants down to 12-13" tall. All of these plants have been lightly sprayed and prepared with some Clonex Mist root stimulater a cpl days before. Then the clones were sprayed with the clonex as well as the stems being dipped into it and placed into Root Riot cubes and under a dome. The thinner Master Kush clones were totally wilted over and dying 12 hrs later. I added water to the tray and sprayed them hard with Clonex Mist, sprayed the dome with water for humidity, and within 4 hrs I could see them coming back to life. They seem to be good now and making a strong comeback.

P1090003.JPG
P1090004.JPG
P1090005.JPG

So now my next grow is getting ready to go into flower. I'll give them a couple or few more days to bounce back from some defoliation and taking clones then flip them. I want them to re-leaf a bit since I did a little bit of light defoliation when I took the clones. These girls were having some ph issues in veg. It kept getting low and locking out for some reason so I had to take some bad leaves off.

I've made a couple small adjustments to the tent. Moved the carbon filter off the floor and to the back-top off tent. Adjusted the position of the raptor hood a bit in hopes of better light spread.

Now for the "omg, if I didnt have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all" moment:
I noticed a plant in the back of the tent that needed to be rotated a bit. So I stepped into the tent, slipped, and stepped right on top of the pump and broke the plastic fitting right off. Just like Yellowstone Park and old faithful I had a geyser of nutrient splashing up into my face and chest at 392 gals per hour! Soaked I hit the shut off valve in the return side of the pvc, shut off the pump, yanked off my t-shirt, throwing it on the tent floor to soak up water, grabbed 4 more towels and began soaking up and wringing out into a bucket the 2+ gals of nutrient lost onto a leaking tent floor! I wish I had a video of the event as it was pretty funny I'm sure but just another stupid small tragedy in my growing career. Fortunately I have a brand new spare pump and took the fitting from that to replace the broken one. Tues I went to the hydro store and bought 3 more spare fittings!:thumb:

So this journal comes to a close. Thanks for joining in and giving me your support!

Here's the link to my next grow! Bassmans Martian Kush & Master Kush grow #6

Hey Bass

Any chance you have a picture of your filter hanging? Im trying to get the general idea of how most people do in their tents. My top polls don't seem strong enough to support mine so I might have to brace it with wood.

Hey Bass

Any chance you have a picture of your filter hanging? Im trying to get the general idea of how most people do in their tents. My top polls don't seem strong enough to support mine so I might have to brace it with wood.

Sure, here ya go! Thats a Raptor super xxl or whatever, big ass hood hanging in the tent too.
P10900011.JPG
P10900021.JPG

Sure, here ya go! Thats a Raptor super xxl or whatever, big ass hood hanging in the tent too.

Thanks man. Yeah my filter is 3 times that size or so and my tent is smaller, no wonder I have so many issues -_-. That is a big hood holy cow, I was looking at that one when I bought mine but it wouldn't fit in my tent.

Hey Bassman!
Glad to hear you got your heat back on brother!
damn that must have been a chilly month without it.
Not so glad to hear about the slip however..
You're luck seems to be a bit of a bummer lately, but I'm sure it'll turn around on this next grow..
Sending positive vibes out your way.

Great job Bass!

Back
Top Bottom