Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Hey bass got a question on the GLR. Do you use it on rooting clones, or wait until they are rooted then put it on GLR?

I have only done it once, but I took 5 cuttings 5th wk in flower, straight on glr, 2 wks and all rooted, once!

Love the bud Bassman!:thumb:

So a friend of mine came over after work. As he's walking up the driveway, he says, "oh shit man, I can smell it from here!" Ya, the grow room is on the side of the house, upstairs, and he could smell it 12-15 feet down the driveway.

I can't of course because I smoke, and have gotten used to it. I only really smell it when I walk into the room the tent is in.

Pulled out another 1/2 gal of ona, Hope it helps mask it.

So a friend of mine came over after work. As he's walking up the driveway, he says, "oh shit man, I can smell it from here!" Ya, the grow room is on the side of the house, upstairs, and he could smell it 12-15 feet down the driveway.

I can't of course because I smoke, and have gotten used to it. I only really smell it when I walk into the room the tent is in.

I don't even have a filter yet. Bet the neighbors think there's a skunk running loose.

Locally there have been numerous full grow houses busted all because of smell and neighbors. I only have 4 plants and my buddy could smell it down the driveway and the grow is in an upstairs side room?

Locally there have been numerous full grow houses busted all because of smell and neighbors. I only have 4 plants and my buddy could smell it down the driveway and the grow is in an upstairs side room?

Did he know beforehand about the op? Ik my buddy's who know about it always say they can smell mine but the friends that have no idea never say a word. That leads me to the conclusion that my good friends that know what's going on try so hard to smell it they do when they really don't smell it. Idk if you get what I'm sayin or I'm just rambling lol

Did he know beforehand about the op? Ik my buddy's who know about it always say they can smell mine but the friends that have no idea never say a word. That leads me to the conclusion that my good friends that know what's going on try so hard to smell it they do when they really don't smell it. Idk if you get what I'm sayin or I'm just rambling lol

yes he did, but he hasn't seen it in months and we got out of the car together at the curb. Walking up the driveway he was floored. So it isnt like he's yanking my chain. Further, a relative that doesnt use pot at all said the same thing last week.

I really need to get this handled.

yeah im a little disappointed in the carbon scrubbers myself i have both my flower tents equipped with them and i can smell it every time i come in from outside im not worried about neighbors i have none but visitors, being legal helps a little with paranoia about leo, but rippers are another story, both my scrubbers are good one is a few days old the other a couple months i have tried running the fan at various speeds nothing helps except harvesting and going into jars oh and burning incense all day but thats a tip off too:hmmmm:

Are you using a good carbon filter/fan? (sorry, can't remember the specifics of your odor reduction).

Also, are your hoods air-cooled? The biggest challenge I've had is with the hoods leaking. It took me a lot of time to figure out that was the issue. I have air-cooled hoods, with glass that swings down so you can get at the bulb. The gasket they install in them to seal them when they are closed up was not very high quality. At first I really doubted it as the source of my issue, but that was indeed it. I went to the hardware store, and bought new foam gasket material that was on a roll like tape. I took out the old stuff (had to peel it off and scrape away really stubborn stuck parts), and put in new gasket material. The smell issue was fixed immediately and thoroughly. I really thought they were sealed better than they were, so I was a bit surprised that my fix worked so well. Just throwing this out there in case it helps you...

Ona masks things, but you end up with a smell akin to a dead skunk laying in clean laundry.

The other fairly effective thing you can do (still not a replacement for carbon filter) is ozone generator. For a small home grow, there is a unit called an "Ozone Junior" that produces enough ozone to help mask whatever the carbon filter isn't picking up. It's more effective than Ona, but not as much as carbon filter (great backup/partner to carbon filter though). Ozone Jr. is probably around $100 from local grow store, etc.

:goodluck: and be careful. Let me know if I can offer up any other info that might help.

yeah im a little disappointed in the carbon scrubbers myself i have both my flower tents equipped with them and i can smell it every time i come in from outside im not worried about neighbors i have none but visitors, being legal helps a little with paranoia about leo, but rippers are another story, both my scrubbers are good one is a few days old the other a couple months i have tried running the fan at various speeds nothing helps except harvesting and going into jars oh and burning incense all day but thats a tip off too:hmmmm:

I have BIG ass carbon filters and friends who smoke have come over and have NO clue at all whats growing upstairs. They were in shock and said they couldn't smell a thing. i'm very happy with the Phat Filters I have purchased. I also run my fan 24/7 so there is no build up of smell at all.

Another thing you can do to see how much of a leak your lights have is to take a cigarette lighter and move it around all the seals of the light. If the flame bends or flickers you have a leak.

Wow, thanks for the MoM nomination AK1. Don't know that I'm worthy of it. I only try to help out when I can. And god knows I'm still learning too. Not that some nutes from BPN wouldnt come in use. This month just happens to be the 2 part I use too!

And having some pest control handy just in case isnt bad!

But there's probably many more worthy and popular here. I only pass on what you folks have taught me (along with some lessons learned). Still, thanks for the thought.

Wow, thanks for the MoM nomination AK1. Don't know that I'm worthy of it. I only try to help out when I can. And god knows I'm still learning too. Not that some nutes from BPN wouldnt come in use. This month just happens to be the 2 part I use too!

And having some pest control handy just in case isnt bad!

But there's probably many more worthy and popular here. I only pass on what you folks have taught me (along with some lessons learned). Still, thanks for the thought.

yeah thats what i thought and I won!
Dude, your're more then worthy of the nomination and a win!

Mini update no pics.

Been noticing the last week or more that it seems damn near every day the canopy is getting just a bit lower each day. WEIGHT! As the buds are gaining wait they are putting more stress on the string they lay on. :high-five: Not a bad problem to have!

Trichs are looking almost all cloudy now. So we're in the back stretch nearing the final lap.

Probably need to take an extra day off work next week to be able to trim. My back gets sore and I don't think I can trim it all in 2 days off. :bravo:

Will know better in a few days, but thinking chop day is Mon.

My Master Kush (same strain from last grow) in veg are ready to go to flower. They won't get into the tent till I take these out of the drying rack, but they won't get more than 2 days on the rack. Then 1 day clean up time and reset. So I'll probably start next journal 4 days after this harvest.

Only a few more updates to this one.

hey bass you need one of these :thumb: and no it's not one of the knock off's
takes a 8hrs plant down to less than 3hrs. The gf she trims the tops, and the really nice nugs and don't worry about the little nugs, hardly any fall through and if they did it's hash. What about all the tryclones you ask? I say's fuk it, it's not that much weight, I keep all the tops anyways and now I'm getting more hash that would have went out the front door anywho. win, win, win it's all good. I went 20 years with no hash now it's all mine I tell ya, all mine.
IMG_043013.JPG

Back
Top Bottom