Bassman's RDWC - High Defoliation - Master Kush Grow #2

Well, plant #4 is down. I'll load pics of the harvest and some buds later. But #4 was the one with the big ass cluster in the back. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, she was not nearly as dense as #1 & #2. She is the one that had those really long skinny ass sugar leaves too.

I'd love to know for sure why, but I think she's light for her massive buds because of light. Not getting enough, because she was too tall along with the others and more off the back of the light.

So, I'm at roughly 3600-3700 grams wet. Dry should come out to 30-32oz. We'll know in a few days.

I need to move the stumps and root balls out of the tent and hang my drying rack in tent. Then I'm due for some rest. But I'll have to git off me ass fast and clean up and get ready to flower next batch.

Very nice grow Bass! I tried the hi-defol, LST and FIMing on a couple and I just put them into flower. I do not have a lot of room to train but do have plenty of height. I am hoping to see how they do. At day 21 I will strip them as you have mentioned and see what happens. For comparison I have a girl that has not been altered in any way but I will lollipop at day 21 of 12/12. This will be interesting. Keep up the great work. +reps

HAAAAALLLLLPPP!

Perusing some pics I took and I found this one. It looks like mold right there in the middle?

Wasn't sure what nug it was so I went through and started trying to find out by cracking some open.
PC290001.JPG
PC290010.JPG

I've pulled that nug off the rack and cracked open a bunch of the big nugs to look for more and have not seen anything anywhere else.

Need some guidance here!

Ok, going to post some pics now.

First big bud from plant #1. She's a dense one!
PC240037.JPG

Some random buds from #1 & #2 just before I chop em down:
PC240033.JPG
PC240025.JPG
PC240026.JPG
PC240030.JPG

From the side-back looking forward to #1 & #2, look at em lean with weight!
PC240016.JPG

A few trichs from #1 or #2 /shrug:
PTDC000116.JPG
PTDC000212.JPG
PTDC000311.JPG
PTDC00049.JPG

The big ass cluster in the back. Just for size comparison. Had it been dense like the front two it could have easily hit 500g wet, trimmed and manicure. Unfortunately light & fluffier that norm and short of 300g wet.
PC290003.JPG
PC290012.JPG

Here's some post chop and on the rack:
PC290002.JPG
PC290005.JPG
PC290007.JPG
PC290008.JPG
PC290009.JPG
PC290011.JPG

That mold sucks bro. Never had to deal with it yet so I am of no help.

I've dealt with quite a bit of mold, as you can do is to make sure they're pretty dry before you cure, otherwise the spores will grow if it goes un-checked.

Do what your doin and crack open nugs every now and then to see the inner-dense portions for mold

I see your extreme defoliation method did not substantially decrease yield, you'll have to give us a true smoke report when they cure up.
Good job

Any acid kills and prevents mold. Known fact. as for flavor or any other aspect I don't notice any difference in the final product

I don't know where you get your facts then, I have a hard time believing that a slightly more acidic environment is going to slow down the growth of a fungi. In fact, it may even accelerate it by allowing it to break down nutrients, and survive further more ( via hydrolysis in acidic environment) To add, by spraying your buds with water... acidic or not, your establishing an excellent breeding ground for more mold to grow. The fungi kingdom is known to exist in extreme environments.

Does pH level affect mold growth

sorry to hear about the mold Bass..
how much do you think is effected??
I'm sure even if you had to clip a bit of mold out here and there.
You're still going to get pretty high numbers.

sorry to hear about the mold Bass..
how much do you think is effected??
I'm sure even if you had to clip a bit of mold out here and there.
You're still going to get pretty high numbers.

Right now I think it's very little. I have not found any more than the 1 nug. I'll be looking some more when I get home from work in the morning. I've never had this issue before. I think it is because of the leak I had previously that got to the carpet during the grow. Thanks Secret Jardin for a piece of shit water tray for the tent.

Right now I think it's very little. I have not found any more than the 1 nug. I'll be looking some more when I get home from work in the morning. I've never had this issue before. I think it is because of the leak I had previously that got to the carpet during the grow. Thanks Secret Jardin for a piece of shit water tray for the tent.

Well that's good to hear!
But yeah, Secret Jardin?
pffffffffffffffttt...
mine leaked too.
and light tight? my ass!

OG_3_dec_8th_4.jpg

HAAAAALLLLLPPP!

Perusing some pics I took and I found this one. It looks like mold right there in the middle?

Wasn't sure what nug it was so I went through and started trying to find out by cracking some open.
PC290001.JPG
PC290010.JPG

I've pulled that nug off the rack and cracked open a bunch of the big nugs to look for more and have not seen anything anywhere else.

Need some guidance here!

That sucks Bass, sorry to hear about the mould. Fingers crossed it will only be that one nug.

There's not a lot you can do with bud root unfortunately, other than throw out any affected buds to stop the spores spreading and dry the rest hoping it doesn't get affected.

I wouldn't advise spraying any water or moisture of any kind on them though, that's likely to make matters worse. Really you want to dry the bud as quickly as you can without ruining it by fast drying. An oscillating fan in the drying the room to keep the air moving and a low RH would be the best environment to prevent the rot spreading.

It might also be worth being a bit over cautious and drying the bud a bit more than you normally would before jarring it to prevent it being damp or sweating too much in the jars as the mould can take hold again.

I had bud rot myself years ago and it was a shit. On the plus side it looks and sounds like you've spotted it early and it's only affected one nug. Get the RH down and drop the moisture levels and it shouldn't spread to the rest.

i had major issue with my wilma grow witch i journalled last. Best thing to do is cut any mould out and a little of surrounding area, then keep apart from any good buds and get air moving over it asap. shouldnt spead if u arent drying in same area as the grow. It will be with the leaks most likely. I use hortibox tents, they are cheaper than the tents u use and drip trays dont leak and niether does light, just incase u are thinking of changing.

when u say 1000grams or 9oz im assuming the 9oz is the expected dry weight?

Plant #1 into jars and curing. Dry weight came in at 8.0 oz. 22.7% of wet, but missing that one big ass bud that had the mold on it. Cut the mold out, but leaving it separate. That nug dry or nearly dry now is 9.92g so it makes a difference, but not drastic in the end.

Plant#2: I've filled 2 x 1/2 gallon jars and dropped hydrometers into them to test RH. I'll now in a couple hours if it will go into jars for curing. Target RH to start cure is 65-69%. If it reaches that range, I'll weigh and jar and open lid for 2-4 hrs at a time to bring it down to 60-65% RH for good cure with daily short openings. Once in the 55-60% area they get sealed until use.

IMHO, seems like a slight gamble to let them go un-checked, even at a stable 55% RH.
I'd aim for 45 somehow, with the jars in a cool area.
There could be some spores that have not been activated yet.
Good Luck w/ the Cure.

Back
Top Bottom