Bassman's Master Kush - Blue Planet Nutes - Grow Stealth LED Grow #3

Have you gotten any feedback on the Master Kush quality of smoke? I know nothing of concentrates other than making a few small lots of oatmeal raisin cookies fortified.

Have you gotten any feedback on the Master Kush quality of smoke? I know nothing of concentrates other than making a few small lots of oatmeal raisin cookies fortified.

Yes Dr, I have.

They loved it. a nice uplifting high, long lasting, no couch lock. The husband & wife team stayed up for a cpl hours just talking. Very smooth smoke she said too. They really liked it. And I've got 10 more seeds on the way now as a result.

I tend to think I'll mother one which will be even better for my defoliation technique, using clones for even tighter node spacing and better height control.

I went ahead and put 100g into my coffee grinder and dumped it in the butter. Time to simmer for a few hours now. This is a mix of last ak48 grow trim, small amount of bud from that, and mostly master kush trim and smaller bud.

I'll be making the dry ice hash later this morning I think. Just waiting to find out on if I should grind it or not. I tend to think not because the dry ice kinda pulverizes it as it freezes and bounces around any ways. But I don't know.

I see you ordered 10 seeds, are they non feminized? Planning on maybe doing some seed making? Thanks for the report it sounds very nice. One more question, did you MK have to deal with high temps or did you cure that problem?

No I went fem. I have no interest presently in making seeds.

The MK had good temps. I got it handled decently. Rarely over 84f.

Last Update:

Made roughly 24oz of cannabutter today from 100g of trim. Or maybe I should say I used 24oz of drawn butter for the 100g of trim from this grow and last grow that I had in the freezer and some small dry bud.

Here's a pic as it stews for about 5 hrs.
P7310008.JPG

I also made dry ice hash today with 200g of trim and small bud from this and last grow.
Looks great and has that old familiar hash smell I remember from 35 yrs ago at a Deep Purple concert!

P7310001.JPG
P7310006.JPG
P7310007.JPG
P7310009.JPG

That dry ice has looks great. You sure have a lot of it too. That will last a long time. Like how you explained the canna butter. I never really made good butter. I like to take the dry ice hash and make butter on the spot. Great Job!:goodjob:

I heard dry ice hash tastes like crap. Grainy/too much leaf material. Please report back the difference of ice/dry ice hash please

I heard dry ice hash tastes like crap. Grainy/too much leaf material. Please report back the difference of ice/dry ice hash please

I don't know where you heard dry ice hash tastes like crap. Sounds like they had the wrong size or a torn mesh. I don't get any plant material in my dry ice hash and it is better than bubble bag or gumby for me.

Thanks to all for your support and guidance on this journey.

I've been following your grow journals. Thanks for all you've posted & uploaded so far.

I was in the process of setting up a similar grow to yours and had a few questions.

I noticed that somewhere along the way, you added an HPS light in addition to your LED. Before I buy anything, do you think in your experience I should just go straight to HPS? I was set on LED, as it seams easier to me (less cooling, venting, lower power bill etc), but seeing that you added the HPS for more watts, would recommend that I start with either a 600/1000 watt HPS?

Thanks for your help bro,

Much respect!

Thanks for chiming in and welcome to 420mag sehnsee.

HPS & LED have their places imho. The problem for me is my type of grow. If I were growing more plants, smaller, than I would go LED exclusively. However, because of plant limitations, I need to grow bigger girls. With my defoliation technique I need deeper, wider penetration. Last grow I added the 400w hps because my led had a problem during flower. The manufacturer stood behind the led 100% but it took time to get the parts and correct the issue with the bad ballasts. Last grow further ran into issue with the tent being too small for the 4 plant grow using this technique.

This meant that enlarging the space would require more light yet again. Hence I bought a 1k hps. While I love my led, the penetration would not be there for these taller girls, and to be perfectly honest, they shouldn't be so tall.

So as you see, it isn't a cut n dry question.

Describe your grow plans and maybe I can offer my thoughts with a better direction.

I'm way late for sleep, gotta git up in 4 hrs for work. I'll respond tomorrow.

Thanks for your quick response,

The plan, is a 8 x 8 grow tent divided into (2) 4 x 4 areas. One for Veg and 1 for flower. Im starting with teens (3 week old clones) that I got from a reputable grower. Im going with Coca as my base.

The reason I wanted to go LED, was so that I wouldnt have problems tripping my electrical (standard 120v) southern california home.

I have been told I wouldn't need to vent and prob not much AC if I go the LED route as they dont generate nearly as much heat as the HPS. I will be running CO2 especially during Veg and plan to have humidifier and dehumidifer.

The electric cost here with So Cal Edison are astronomical (up to .48 cents per KWH) so I thought LED would be the way to go. Im looking especially at the Lumigrow( ES330 ES330 LED Growth Light - LumiGrow Horticultural LED Growth Lights ) due to the fact that I can adjust the spectrum of red and blue and there warranty and reviews are great. I was thinking of getting two of these, one each of the 4 x 4 areas, but at this point Im still open to any suggestions because I havent spent a dime yet.

The only suggestions I have gotten so far are the people at the local hydro shop and I know they're views can be slanted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

getting ready for work, so I may be a bit scatter brained.

You have told me some but not enough of your grow plans. Of most importance when it comes to thinking about going led imo is plant height, then plant density.

A shorter sog/scrog type grow can benefit greatly from led in terms of growing a fine product and keeping monthly costs down. However, I am of the opinion that once you get to plants over 20" you will lose the effectiveness of led to some degree and it compounds the taller the plant. The top areas of the plant will be fine, but the mid and lower sections will see little light, even when using high defoliation techniques like in this grow. So if one needs yield from limited plant numbers they may not be justified to go led just yet.

The light you mention above, while it has seen some good reviews from growers, is suspect imo for your grow area. Having done three grows in 4x4 area I do not believe it can deliver a cost beneficial amount of light in 12 sq ft at 330 watts of power. Consider, they are advertising 5w leds and power consumption of 330w typically. Now we know they are not driving them at 100% so lets say they are driving them at 50%, which isnt accurate either nor truly proper use of the term, but for laymens terms it's ok in general thought process. So at 50% they need to have 132 led "lights" in the unit to draw said wattage. But how many do they really have in the unit? They don't mention that anywhere in their website that I can find. So let's consider the size of the unit. Basically 10" x 16.75". Now that unit is going to try to cover 48" x 48"? Well, my friend, I have issue with that. Considering that my unit, which is 19" x 12" and draws double the watts will not cover the same area with proper intensity at correct height above plants. And my unit houses 288 leds.

Important qualifier to above statements: Same area, proper intensity, at correct height above plants to cover 4x4 area.

I believe, to get proper intensity with their light, the true area could be as little as 2x2 or maybe 2.5x2.5. Now this also means you have to grow short plants. Like 2 week veg periods or less even quite possibly.

Don't get me wrong, I love LED and I like my unit tons now that it's boasting 685w. But because of the type of grow with only 4 plants in now a 5x5 area, (too tall in my current kosher kush grow) I can't get proper benefit of led.

Sorry this is such a long post, hopefully not too confusing. Tell me more about your grow in the 4x4 space. How many plants, how big of buckets for medium ( I am biased to hydro and rdwc specifically), how tall you will grow them, how long they'll veg, etc.

I bet we can come up with a setup that works for your needs in terms of electrical and monthly costs considered. And yes I'm familiar with the so cal house elect issues. Mine are not so different and something I have to deal with and consider 1st as well.

I just smoked some lebanese hashish. A freiend gave me a pinch off the corner of a one pound brick last weekend. The first time in over 30 years I had smoked hash I didn't make. I have smoked some of it twice since. It had a nice taste but was not as good a buzz as the dry ice hash I made from my last grow.

hey man, first time at it here. doing a solo auto for learning purposes. what are some of the biggest things that you learned your first time around? right now i'm slightly nervous that my rockwool could have changed the pH of the water it soaked in (it was a ridiculous amount of water though) and whether or not it is too wet. I have pH corrected water beneath (but not touching) the rockwool with the germinated seed, with the idea that the roots will be reaching for that nutrient (really low ppm) solution eventually. I'm running at around 20% nute strength because I hear that's the best way to work with an auto.

Anyways, I love what you do man. Totally inspired me.

Probablt the biggest lesson of my first grow was water temps. Nice cool water is critical to a submerged root. Pythium (root rot) exists above 69f or so. Keeping that water temp below 68f is key. Lower water temps also hold more oxygen ppm, and our roots love oxygen in the water.

I stopped using rockwool and went to those little dirt like sponges, that I can't recall the name of. Much happier for me and starting plants.

I like your low ppm, but no nutrient at all is suggested until 3rd or 4th set of leaves are present.

Best wishes.

Thanks! I've been noticing that my ppm has crawled up over night and so has the pH. Do you think my expanded clay pellets (hydroton) have anything to do with this? I rinsed the shit out of my hydroton beforehand. I also soaked my rockwoll in 20L of water (so any pH change could be mostly neutralize - I heard rockwool can sit around 8pH).

Back
Top Bottom