Bassman's 6th - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Kush

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

Awesome

Re: Bassman's 6th - Blue Planet Nutrients - RDWC - Hi-Defoliation Martian & Master Ku

Hey Bassman, I was wondering if you could help me out or give some suggestions. I have 2-clones that are about 3-weeks old in a 14 gallon bubble tote I made. It's my first run at hydro and things seem to be going good, but after their first round of defoliating and topping about a week ago, one of them is only growing 1 and 2 blade leaves now. Was just wondering if this has ever happened to you after defoliating? This plant had mostly 3 and 5 blade leaves before the defoliation so it's only with the new growth. As you can see by the pics below, it's only happening to the top plant and both plants are sharing the same res. Thanks in advance!
Danner

IMAG13883.jpg

IMAG13903.jpg

IMAG13894.jpg

Hi Bassman !

Was just lookign at ur grow setup - and after trying to mimic it with a store bought kit im regretting not having built mine like yours from scratch to begin with.

Is there any way you could provide a bit mroe info in regards to detailed pvc pipe / uniseal sizes ?

Am a noob when it comes to DIY pipework and want to make sure I dont go outto buy the wrong stuff haha :)

Thanks !

AP

PS- Youre Kosher Kush grow was my inspiration to get the same seeds ;)

@ Danner, That is odd I must say. Are they both the same strain? I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Let them grow out with some more new growth and see what happens. I see more of that on the day 21 in flower defoliation and haven't really seen it during veg. But the leaves I see coming out as 2 bladed or single bladed long ones are always coming directly out of the flowering bud.

I also don't really defoliate till at least 5 sets of good branching has developed. It's hard to tell here at what point you hit them. And I don't know if it was a mite bit too early or not. We basically want to wait until we have good vigorous growth and know our plants are strong and healthy.

@AlphaPrime, Nice to hear about the Kosher Kush. I have 4 more youngins of those going now and 1 clone from a topping. It's definitely going to stay as one of 2 or 3 of my main strains I grow.

As far as uniseal / pipe sizes goes, you buy the uniseals for the size pipe you want. Ex: 1.5" pvc gets a 1.5" uniseal but it's O.D. and hole saw drill size is 2.5". They provide that info when you order them on websites and what not.

If there's any other info you need, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the reply Bassman. They are different strains (which I won't be doing again in the same res); the one-blade bandit plant is a Gods Gift and the other is an Aurora. They're both clones and they each were growing their 5th leaf set when I defoiled them. After doing some research I've found a consensus that this is usually caused by photo-related stress (i.e., forcing a flowering plant back into vegge). I changed the lighting a few days ago from 18-6 to 24-0, but I'm pretty sure this was going on before then so I don't think that's it. Maybe this strain just doesn't like being stripped naked... I have 2 other plants in 3 gallon airpots (another Aurora and a Space Bomb) neither of which are showing 1 or 2 blade leaves. I've noticed the two in hydro are much more stout with much thicker stems and tighter node spacing but have remained very short for some reason, whereas the two in soil seem less stout but much taller. This one in hydro is the only one that's growing these 1 and 2 blade leaves... Just to clarify why I changed the photo-period; I was having a problem keeping the temp and humidity right in my drying tent, so I'm using the exhaust from my vegge tent to maintain the drying tent at 70 deg and 50% humidity, so the lights will stay at 24-0 until this crop is dried. Anyway, sorry for being so long winded and thanks for the help!
Danner

Mini Update:

Day 61 in flower.

No pics today. Got a major headache.

It's getting really close to harvest time. Took a look under scope today and it's some clear, mostly clouded trichs. An occasional kinda ambering trich. The Master Kush are frosty as hell! No so much so with the Martian Kush, and they're still foxtailing. I won't be growing the Martians again.

PH was 5.74 today.
PPM was 1090 before adding 3 gals of 0 ppm R.O. water so it's probably around 1000ppm now or 2.0 e.c. on .500 meter.
Water temp: 67.5 with water chiller
RH: 54%
Air temp: 79-81 lights on.

I'll be going very light if I add any more nutrient at all. It depends on the Martians. If they look to be starting to bulk up I'll keep feeding. I may be taking the Master Kush down Sunday-Tues but it depends on the trichs. I don't mind waiting another week if they keep bulking up.

I gave a friend about a 1/2 qt of my last batch of Bhang cut in half. It's insanely strong! I mean it's a 6-12 "nobody should ever be this high" strong according to a relative that tried it before giving some to his Grandmother who also has Alzheimer's like mom does. He tried 3oz and was wasted for 12-14 hrs. BUT.. and this is really important for Alzheimer's patients... His concentration level the next day was off the hook. He said his eyes were wide open and he could really get focused super well. So the friend gave it to her husband last night because smoking is really bothering him. He has a high tolerance and had 1.5oz of the drink and she said it was awesome. I'll get more details from her tomorrow when I talk to her.

I have four Kosher Kush seedlings in early veg. They were supposed to be near ready to send to flower when I chop this batch but they are way behind. I started them too late and they were slow to germ. I was also trying to set them up for main-lining. I did the first topping, but I may not do the 2nd, 3rd, 4th since we're so far behind already. I got one good clone off of one of the Kosher Kush first toppings though. So I may make that a mother.

I have to order more uniseals for my 4x4 tent so I can get a rotation going on 1 month harvests. But I'm waiting on someone that needs a bunch so we can order together. I have been thinking 3 plant rdwc's for both tents for some time, but I'm not convinced I'll get proper return flow because in a triangular setup, the furthest point from the res in the last bucket rather than between two buckets like my 4 plant grows. We want out return line & pump linked at the furthest point from the res. But maybe I'm over thinking it and it will be fine.

I am probably going to drop 4 Holy Grail Kush seeds as soon as I begin chop on this grow. It's a cross between OG#18 and Kosher Kush, so it should be an awesome strain.

I expect my Master Kush seedlings to arrive any day now also. So hopefully, I get 3 moms, Kosher, Master, & Holy Grail. Every month I'll harvest one strain, and have clones going into veg. Basically, the two tents will be on rotation in flower. But it's starting to look like I may need to get another tent for vegging. Mothers will be fine in a closet under hot5's.

That's all for now. I'll try to get some good pics in the next few days.

I think the triangular shape would work fine...
yea, I know it's work fine for the tent and I'll probably get better light coverage. Just not sure about where to set my return line in the system. But I'll figure it out.

Here's some pics from this morning.

Martian Kush; They are leaning, but still kinda thin buds.
G6-D61F_001.JPG
G6-D61F_002.JPG

Master Kush: Always proud of these:
G6-D61F_003.JPG
G6-D61F_004.JPG
G6-D61F_005.JPG
G6-D61F_006.JPG
G6-D61F_007.JPG
G6-D61F_008.JPG

Have you decided not to mainline, or are you still considering?

I'm hoping to mainline my next batch, but I'm wary of the amount of maintenance required. I made bushes for this first batch, and it is a lot of work managing a lot of plants this way. I wanted to change to sort of a sog, but that won't happen for this second run. I just don't have the clones yet, and I'd rather wait until I'm only growing one or two strains at a time. Mainlineing seems like it might be a little easier. You just top the plant 3-5 times, depending on if you want 8, 16, or 32 colas. I'm not sure I want to wait for 16, but we'll see what they look like when there are 8 main tops going. It also depends on how many plants I end up flowering. If I end up with 30 plants in there, then I'll probably flower at 8 tops. :winkyface:

Addition: Looking sweet Bassman!
You updated after I had opened this tab, so I had to come back and add that. :Namaste:

I can't really main line the Kosher Kush in veg now. It'll slow them down too much because I started late and defoliation slows them down already too. I topped all 4 with the intent, but seeing how close I am to harvest I have to reconsider. Hell, I wont even be able to flip the Kosher Kush when I want too. It's put me back at least 2 if not 3 weeks on the next harvest. But I'll be dropping the Holy Grail Kush pretty soon and maybe I can Main-line those.

My modification to the main lining however is going to include defoliation and NOT getting rid of lower branches like the guy in that thread does. I'm trying to go for the best of both worlds and still get top to bottom bud.

Those master Kush are looking supurb Bass!
Beautiful buds.

I wanted to invite ya to a new journal I just started today.
Please drop by anytime my friend!

Vick's - OG Kush & Ambrosia Grow - Coco-GH-HPS-Wiw!

Mini update;

Day 68 in flower.

Getting very close to harvest time. I'm diluting the ppm's down by just adding ro water. currently 809 ppm or 1.6 e.c. using .500 meter.

Trichs are cloudy, mostly cloudy, with some clear but not much, and a very small amount going amberish slightly.

Eight weeks ago I predicted harvest day on Sunday the 23rd. Looks like I'm 7 days off with this Sunday being chop day.

Master Kush are getting very heavy and more string was needed today to support falling branches.

Martian Kush top branches are leaning as well but the buds are so much smaller. I'll be happy to deep six this strain when it's over.

I've been sick as hell for 8 days. Allergies I guess, but an 8 day migraine, total exhaustion, sinus trips going on, etc. Just making a trip downstairs and back puts me out of breath. But I'm getting better.

Had possibly the worst week of my life since taking in mom to take care of her Alzheimer's. Last Thurs, I woke up after 4 hrs sleep to 2-3 inches of water throughout the entire downstairs! I see this lake in the house and mom just sitting in her chair watching tv. She never hollered out or anything and didnt seem to think anything was wrong. She had flushed the toilet and it backed up and kept flowing!

In the end I bought a big ass shop-vac, a floor fan, and vac'd it all out of the carpet. Poorly I might add, as I was in peak of this sickness and exhaustion. I've been running the windows open all week and fans. Yet there is still some wetness. And holy shit the stink from mold-mildew in carpets! It's going to cost me $1200 to get carpets replaced and I don't have the $$. I didn't report it to the landlords because I'm sure they would evict us. They wouldn't give two shits about mom and the fluke accident. It's going to take me at least two more weeks at best to come up with the $$ to replace carpets. I'm just hoping I can safely harvest and dry upstairs. Upstairs there is no smell, and rh is 31% except in the grow room where it's 51% during this flowering period. I think I'll be safe.

It's pretty humiliating to go downstairs and smell that smell. Makes me feel like shit even though there wasn't anything I could do about it. If she'd have just hollered out my name, I would have woken and prevented it being this bad. I never close the door to my master bedroom, and sleep very lightly just so I can help mom anytime she need's it. So not getting that shout out really bumbs me out.

I haven't caught up on anyone's journals all week. Just too sick to read/think. Hopefully I'll catch up between now and harvest day.

My Kosher Kush that are in veg and were going to be taking over this grow after harvest look to be at least 2 weeks behind schedule for getting the move to flowering after I chop this and dry on rack in tent for a week. And the Main-lining is not going to happen as that would put it further back. So just one topping for all those girls.

I'll be getting more uniseals delivered late tomorrow. This will allow me to veg the next batch of seeds in RDWC in my 4x4 tent while the Kosher Kush starts flowering in the 5x5. I've taken only 1 Kosher Kush clone so far. She'll be ready for going into a 5 gal dwc by Sunday. I'll be making her a mother.

I'm also going to drop new seeds by Sunday-Monday I think. I'm undecided on Master Kush which I know well and love or Holy Grail Kush which is a OG#18 & Kosher Kush cross, that I have yet to grow but am hoping to make as my 3rd of three main strains I want to keep going perpetually. I don't know which I'll pop first. The plan is to get these new seeds into the old 4x4 tent and veg under 400w hid or my 685 LED. The led is flowering 7 2L hempy buckets presently in a closet and won't be ready quite on time but not drastically behind.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll have some good pics come Sunday of pre-harvest and chop.

bummer Bassman. +reps for handling the flood. It started to smell that fast huh? That sucks. If you change the carpet, I sure hope you are gonna live there for awhile to enjoy it. Will you just wait to tell the landlord about the flooding until you're ready to replace it? Sometimes I get nervous about growing in my own home, but rentals sounds just as nerve racking :blalol:

Sorry no updates or chatter from me for the last week+. Been busy with lots of other things going on, including harvest of this grow.

Most of my chop/trimming is done but not all. I still have small bud on 3 plants to cut and only about 1/2 way through on the last Martian Kush.

I'll have tons of info, pics, and thoughts when it's all done. Hopefully later today but no promises.

My Kosher Kush in veg are totally ready to get into flower. Interestingly though they are not nearly as branchy/leafy as last time I grew them and have rec'd little defoliation. But they have gotten some good super cropping. I'll need to get these into the tent asap after I finish harvest and cleanup.

I also dropped 4 Holy Grail Kush seedling last week and they are ready to be transplanted into 5 gal buckets and start vegging. Along with that I have a clone of Kosher Kush ready to go into dwc to mother.

About 2 weeks or less after moving the Kosher Kush into tent I will germ 4 more Master Kush seeds. This should put them perfect to replace the KK after harvest. I'll soon be on two tents one month apart in flowering and 1 closet veg and 1 closet of 3 moms, KK, MK, HGK.

This grow is weak imo. But I'll give ya all the details soon. I'll also be responding to everyone's pm's after I get caught up.

Can't wait for them pics bass. Sounds like everything is on track for your moms meds. If only more people took the time

Back
Top Bottom