Bassmans Kosher Kush - RDWC - 1K - 4 Plant Grow

Hey Bassman,

I missed all the hubbub I guess. Glad you got it all worked out.

I just noticed I had not posted on this journal, but I've been subbed up. Maybe it's all these huge plants were hiding me and my bean bag chair sittin' in the corner. :winkyface:

Nice hiker!

@4Twenty, Because 4 is overcrowded already in my 5x5 tent. Stuck with 400w for now since the ballast took a dump and I can't buy a new one till bills are all paid. /sadface

They are bigger now!

Oh, I see :) Thanks! Hope you get the upgrade soon and can make more of your beautiful stuff.

Me too buddy. Looking bad for getting it Monday, my day off.

Update on the way!

Update

Day 23 in 12/12 (actual 10 on / 14 off)

Stretch should almost be over with. Damn girls are too tall AGAIN! Even for 1k watts. From bucket top to light glass it's 40" As you can see from pics some tops are touching glass. I have height adjustment available but it's so cool under the 400w I don't need to adjust it. I have done some more super cropping and today I'll do butt loads more. I need to get them 8-12" lower for the 1000 watt when I get the replacement ballast.

Work has been insanely slow this week so I don't have the $$ yet for a new 1k ballast. Running 2 weeks plus on 400 watts is really hurting this grow!

PH today came in at 5.35, so I bumped it up.

PPM is 1119 or 2.23 e.c. on a .500 meter. Nice spot for it to be.

Temps are cool at 74-75 with lights on. Same with lights off. The cooling fan is overpowered for a 400w lamp.

Water temps constant 67f with chiller.

I'll add more strands of string for support as I super crop the hell out of these girls. Hopefully lower the light too. Need to get as much penetration as possible, especially with weaker lamp.

I'll start defoliation after this update as well. As we can see, there are some big fans shading things out. This will also give me a better view on where to super crop, which direction to bend, and where to add string.

I'm slightly tempted to yank the Raptor hood for my smaller hood, and add my 685 watts of led. The biggest issue with this though will be the heat generated by the LED. I'm not sure my exhaust fan can cool it enough and the last thing I want to do is end up dropping a hood on top of plants switching them. I'll probably not change em out the more I think about it.

I've got 3 Holy Grail Kush and 1 clone of these Kosher Kush in early veg in a closet. The clone is doing awesome and is getting too big. I'll take a clone from her today, maybe 2 if I can. I gotta get a mother plant going. So this is a good time to do it. The 3 Holy Grail Kush are intending for my 4x4 tent which I need to put back up and set up the rdwc for them in there. I can't move the girls into there yet until I get the new 1k ballast, so I can put the 400w in the Kosher Kush grow now into the 4x4.

Losing the 1k ballast as really hurt two grows in the end.

Here's today's pics:
G7-D23-1212_001.JPG
G7-D23-1212_002.JPG

Some shots from super cropping a cpl days ago, look closely.
G7-D23-1212_003.JPG
G7-D23-1212_004.JPG
G7-D23-1212_007.JPG

Flower directly under light and touching glass:
G7-D23-1212_005.JPG

Further away from bulb and almost touching light. Pretty obvious the kind of difference a few inches makes further away from light source:
G7-D23-1212_006.JPG

Just a cpl randoms:
G7-D23-1212_008.JPG
G7-D23-1212_009.JPG

Looking gorgeous bro! I'm not sure if you're set on a certain brand of ballast, but I picked up an Ipower 1000w dimmable off amazon for around $150 a couple months ago and I'm loving it. Cheap and I haven't had a single problem with it. I have a few friends with the same brand and they love em too. Either way, hope you get your light soon.

well despite the hastLe w the ballast they look really good, what doode said about ipower is true they are nice i have a 400watter that works really well that brand is a good cheapie and i like having it for a back up, like you have, i have 2 of the jdl 600s thank goodness ,i am gonna try yet again to try your method in a 5gallon bubble bucket,gonna be 1 in a 3x6x20 inch tent and the 400 strain prolly blue dream, i figure it having its own tent would be cool

looking great bass, i supercropped mine closer to the tip and it just slowed them down a little. i wonder if i would have done it lower like you are if it would have worked better.

+reps bro

:Namaste:

I did mine to control height.

Here's some pics from today. The one in the back right looks skinny weak. This is after defoliation, & super cropping yesterday.
G7-D24-1212_001.JPG
G7-D24-1212_002.JPG
G7-D24-1212_003.JPG
G7-D24-1212_004.JPG
G7-D24-1212_005.JPG
G7-D24-1212_006.JPG
G7-D24-1212_007.JPG

I did mine to control height.

Here's some pics from today. The one in the back right looks skinny weak. This is after defoliation, & super cropping yesterday.
G7-D24-1212_001.JPG
G7-D24-1212_002.JPG
G7-D24-1212_003.JPG
G7-D24-1212_004.JPG
G7-D24-1212_005.JPG
G7-D24-1212_006.JPG
G7-D24-1212_007.JPG

Looking great there Bass!

I love seeing your grows - especially as im also doing the Kosher Kush at the moment ! Looks like im only a couple of weeks ahead of you, cant wait to do a little comparison between our finest buds once they are both finished :)

Looking at your setup (which ive managed to copy to a great extent haha !) I wish I had also gone with the 120cm tent as opposed to 1m. Reason being that I really want to upgrade to a 1k light next time around, and also get a bigger deflector, which seems difficult in smaller tent because of limited space to attach ducting to both sides. Apart from that Ive had to secure my clip on fans with tape because they really are cramped in and not nearly as efficient as they should be!

But I can see you are having excellent results as can be expected of you; even more impressive considering your 1k is out of commission for several weeks now !

Big props dude, feel free to check in on my grow and let me know what you think ;)

AP

WoW bass your defol methods are the most aggressive i have ever seen! heres rep to you bro!!! OH Yeah i first read about your style a ways back and gave it a go on a few of my PE's and WOW is all I can say besides thanks for sharing knowledge gained! I have buds the size of 20oz bottles! love it!!!!:thanks:

@Xlr8, great to seeya as always X! Thanks for comin. :thumb:

@AP, You can always make a 1" pvc frame like I did to hold the tent "out" and attach your fans to the frame as well as string support. I'm subbed to your grow too. I'm actually thinking dual smaller hoods with 600w might do better. Would force me to get them shorter too which is where I've been failing a bit. Letting them get just a bit too tall.

@nmherb, Thanks man. Happy to hear it worked well for you.

Hopefully after I get errands done today I'll be able to do an update.

Walked out the door this morning and a package was on the porch. It's a Magical Butter machine! Sent by someone here at 420mag to help me treat mom. The who shall remain nameless, but I gotta say this community is so much about helping others it's amazing. I've got errands to run today but maybe later I'll get some pics and make a batch of bhang for mom using the Magical Butter machine as well as an update on the grow.

God bless y'all, have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom