Bassman's Master Kush - Blue Planet Nutes - Grow Stealth LED Grow #3

Thanks a bunch HMG. I'm still learning it. Hopefully within a few more grows I'll have it down really good. But I definitely have no complaints.

Hey Bass, can you wander over to my journal? I just had my 45 day defoliation and I took everything with a stem off of the Big Bud, but she is still so leafy... I even took things that had "almost stems" Do you cut off leaf fingers to get more light in? or just leave those leaves alone?

A bit busy at home atm SB, but let me just say leave the leaves on buds. Pluck the fans with stems. Leave the barely stems coming directly off a bud for a while to grow out, then pluck. I'll take a look it a bit. Have lots of catching upto do. Been a rough week.

Hey Bass, just reading through this thread for the first time.
The posts about bleach got me thinking. There's lots of general grow advice that says if you're using city water as opposed to RO, let it sit to get rid of the chlorine. And yet you are adding back chlorine.
Here's my experience:
Our city water is very good. The water quality report states average chlorine @ 0.76 PPM. This is barely, or not even, detectable by the smell test. Total PPM on my Hanna meter @0.7 is 50 PPM.
I have never let my water sit, I use it right out of the faucet.
I don't have a chiller (yet) and my res/bucket temps average 72, no higher than 74. I'm starting wk 6 of flowering.
I run 2 airstones in each tank. I have had no root rot problems so far. I think this is because of the small amount of chlorine, and lots of air.
My next grow I'm definitely adding a chiller just to be safe.

My city water is amongst the worst in the country. Literally in the top 5 worst. I think 3rd. So I have to use ro water. The ppm on my .5 conv meter out of faucet can be anywhere from 500-750ppm. Pretty bad.

The drop per gallon (or two, or whatever, I always have to look back for the #) is miniscule yet does a lot to prevent root rot. I am only experimenting with it, but I know it works. But it may kill hygrozyme too, so I mostly see the benefit in my veg grow where I dont have a chiller. In flower, with my chiller working, I dont see a need and been using hygrozyme for beneficials.

I'll be posting an update tomorrow with pics I suppose. Almost to harvest. Was kinda hoping to do it Monday. But it may need another few days or week. Keeping an eye on them.

Oh and WELCOME cecebe!

Hey there Bassman! That is some bad tap water you have. When I ran my ebb and gro I ran half city and half ro. My tap water at a 350 ppm. That would be great to have city water that comes out at 50ppm!

Yes, that is some mighty bad water you've got. I'm counting my blessing.
I did an experiment. 10 drops bleach in 1 gal of 49 PPM (.7 conv) tap water = 54 PPM, so 1 drop = 0.5 PPM, which is right in the range my water authority aims for. (0.31-0.76)

Yea it's pretty bad water. Two million residents in the area and I bet there isnt 30 people that drink the tap water. Yet is "ok"?

cecebe, the drops per gal that was suggested by a master grower may have been 1 per 2 gals. Again I'd have to look it up, but that would suggest much less than your water authority aims for and seems passable for our growing and yet nuking out any root rot.

Jonesing for final flower pics! And some idea on yield too. Years ago we learned to purify water for drinking by putting 2 drops of bleach in a gallon of water and letting it sit overnight. Not so tasty but water from a cattle trough is way better than no water at all.

Jonesing for final flower pics! And some idea on yield too. Years ago we learned to purify water for drinking by putting 2 drops of bleach in a gallon of water and letting it sit overnight. Not so tasty but water from a cattle trough is way better than no water at all.

I was supposed to update 5 days ago. Took pics, but was dog ass tired from work. Have been busy as hell all week. Just got home, checked on girls, scope trichs, etc. daily routine. I don't think I have the energy to update today either.

I had 1 girl get bad nute burn. The others were fine. I had been watching her all last week, and finally decided to chop her, sadly. She's mostly cloudy iirc, but was just seeming to really bulk. She's in jars now. I'll get pics a little later.

The other three girls are doing great. Mostly cloudy, maybe 15% to 20% amber? I need to get some good scope pics of them to be sure.

I expect harvest to be Sunday after work or Monday, or both.

The Kosher Kush seedlings in veg are too damn big! Havent updated that either. I'm falling asleep here at my desk.

As the saying goes... More will be revealed.

Aaah work, good to have but wears you out. Hate to hear about the nute burn but the smoke will still be pretty good, maybe just a bit harsh. I'm out of sorts myself not having anything of my own to watch grow other than peppers and tomatoes. Plus I am really into the Master Kush.

Here's a little budlet I took off by accident last week.
P6230008.JPG
P6230006.JPG
P6230004.JPG

Just edited new pics. But it's late, I have to be to work in 7 hrs so I better get some sleep. Hopefully a good assortment of pics tomorrow and big update.

Major update in progress.

Day 70 in flower, 77 in 12/12.

I've finished final lights on or one more. Depends on my busy schedule tomorrow. Chop time is here!

Trichs are between cloudy and up to 30% amber from bud to bud and plant to plant.

I screwed the pooch on my last res change. I previously mentioned the ppm's went way high more than previous. I never diluted it enough and got some nute burn. So much so that last week I chopped one girl. I'll post bud pics on that one after this update.

The other three I think just slowed down as a result of the high ppm, but didn't show any burn till the last 2-3 days. Kinda odd. I actually think what I am seeing is a combination of nute burn and the normal dieing off or yellowing as the flowers reach maturity.

The density of all the buds is awesome. My best so far for sure and it isnt even close.

Lesson learned on defoliation technique: Four is still too many for a 4'x4' tent! You just can't get in there to train and trim as much as one should. Even with that issue, these girls are producing good.

Last week I bought a 5'x5' tent. Secret Jardin brand. I will be using this for my next run at defoliation using the Kosher Kush I have in veg now. I think 4 plants will be perfect for that size tent and allow me a little room to train better. The biggest issue is each plant absolutely does shade out the one next to it to some degree. Enough so that I am 100% positive it's having a major impact on yield and lower bud growth even though the lower buds are looking like far less unusable popcorn, and much more along the lines of "a few bong hits" each.

I am leaning real hard to replacing the 400w hps with a 600w hps in the 5x5 and still using the 685 (or so) watts of led.

Lesson learned on RDWC: Use the large 2" pvc rather than 3/4" line to gravity feed buckets! I'll have to rebuild the RDWC, but the flow just isn't high enough to bring water to a high level in the buckets. The roots are fine, no issues. But they also traveled the length of 3/4" hose from bucket to bucket and thus slowed down the flow not allowing max height in each bucket. I'll start a test build tomorrow (or tonight if I get inspired) and see if I can get the sealing I need using a special washer and 2" pvc with fittings rather than uniseals. Avoiding uniseals makes for easier adjustment to length, not having to be muscle bound to adjust them. Though the uniseals do seal up easier.

On to pics. It's going to be 2-3 posts worth I think.

Taken roughly 1 week ago:
P6240010.JPG
P6240011.JPG
P6240012.JPG
P6240013.JPG
P6240014.JPG
P6240017.JPG
P6240015.JPG
P6240023.JPG
P6240018.JPG
P6240019.JPG
P6240025.JPG

Taken yesterday:

P70700051.JPG
P70700041.JPG
P7070001.JPG
P7070008.JPG
P7070009.JPG
P7070010.JPG
P7070011.JPG
P7070012.JPG
P7070013.JPG
P7070018.JPG

Next will be some of the trimmed buds from taking down 1 plant last week.

Here's a few of the best looking trimmed bud from last week.

Please let me know if anyone thinks they are BotM worthy and which ones?

P70800061.JPG
P70800051.JPG
P70800081.JPG
P70800091.JPG
P70800071.JPG
P70800101.JPG
P70800111.JPG
P70800141.JPG
P7080012.JPG
P7080013.JPG
P70800151.JPG
P7080016.JPG