The Advanced DS XML 650 LED - A Review By Doc Bud

I just want it to live a little longer.....best Grape Ape of my career so far.

Picture_009283.jpg

I replanted and will add two more when the Ape is cut down.

Picture_001378.jpg

Can LED grow nice plants? Yes.
Can LED give a good yield? Yes.
Are they as sticky and nice as HPS? Yup.

No support, branches bent but not breaking under the weight of a heavy harvest I've grown the strain enough to know that there's 4 to 4.5 oz dried prime bud on this plant. Harvest window is just beginning to close. She'll come down in the next couple days.

Picture_005353.jpg
Picture_003377.jpg
Picture_004367.jpg
Picture_006335.jpg
Picture_007315.jpg
Picture_008287.jpg

The next round one day into bloom. This is what Transplant shock in High Brix looks like:

Picture_014223.jpg
Picture_013227.jpg
Picture_012249.jpg

Looks great Doc. Lights are a good part of the game, but only if your grow is happy. Most of us mortals would do very nice under either light setup. I'm loving the way your plants show their heath. Your harvestable plant is acting all dry with drooping leafs but color looks great.

Only big difference I've seen between LED and HID that matters is price. Both work well but one pulls a little less from wall so in CA or elsewhere you can afford to grow. In Or, it's about 6.5 cents per Kwh, CA it's 28 or more cents per Kwh. Big difference.

Cheers

Looks great Doc. Lights are a good part of the game, but only if your grow is happy. Most of us mortals would do very nice under either light setup. I'm loving the way your plants show their heath. Your harvestable plant is acting all dry with drooping leafs but color looks great.

Only big difference I've seen between LED and HID that matters is price. Both work well but one pulls a little less from wall so in CA or elsewhere you can afford to grow. In Or, it's about 6.5 cents per Kwh, CA it's 28 or more cents per Kwh. Big difference.

Cheers

Absolutely and for sure the LED's save energy month to month and thus cost less to run. Up front costs are higher, so if someone did the math they'd figure out what the best way to go is.

Yield isn't an issue. These lights yield as well as a 1000 watt HPS no problem.

Absolutely and for sure the LED's save energy month to month and thus cost less to run. Up front costs are higher, so if someone did the math they'd figure out what the best way to go is.

Yield isn't an issue. These lights yield as well as a 1000 watt HPS no problem.

The big unknown for me is longevity. No bulbs to replace, but the up front cost is so high, they better last a longgggg time in order to break even with the lower monthly cost. We have pretty cheap electricity and I can't see LEDs being a cost-effective solution here until they are much closer in price to the HIDs.

The big unknown for me is longevity. No bulbs to replace, but the up front cost is so high, they better last a longgggg time in order to break even with the lower monthly cost. We have pretty cheap electricity and I can't see LEDs being a cost-effective solution here until they are much closer in price to the HIDs.

Yup. 100% agree. If they cost the same, it would be a no-brainer. But they don't!

Just be sure to act right...or you'll get shot in your pinky toe.

p.s. I like sunshine.

I grew up having only seen Della Reese in 'Touched by an Angel' and Redd Foxx in 'Sanford and Son'

Put them two together with Richard Prior, Eddie Murphy... Good God, I never laughed so hard.

My buds went in the jars 5 days ago, still smell green. Still... I should pull a bud out and download that movie later this evening. It's time. I haven't seen it in a few years.

Loving the grow Doc, nice to have few grows going, LED or DE, it all looks great.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Hi Doc,

Awesome plants! That first run had unreal massive and frosty colas, beautiful! Will pull up a chair and watch this round if that's ok.

I just got my kit and am excited to get started. I'm on my way to the how to use the high Brix Kit journal to do some reading. I'll start a journal once I get started.

Rock on!

:theband:

Back
Top Bottom