The Advanced DS XML 650 LED - A Review By Doc Bud

Nice setup, 4 oz plants are nice, looks like a low ball number but quality looks spectacular.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Nice setup, 4 oz plants are nice, looks like a low ball number but quality looks spectacular.

Cheers

Quality is the only thing that's really important too me. If the lights can produce quality bud, they're worth investigating. If not, they're not worth having around.

These lights definitely deliver quality buds. I feel pretty confident that I could duplicate the yield of a 1000 watt HPS with one of these lights. I had 2 1000 watt HPS over this same tray for year, so I know what it can produce.

So, I'm told that a HPS (not super with added blue) running at 1000 watts only has 400 watts of PAR energy. So any 400 watt (from wall not like mars II 400 @ 175 watts) LED should be equal if all watts are PAR. I've been using xtrasun HPS due to crazy amount of blue, 2x Eye. I'm lacking red or mid 600 to 700 nm though on this bulb. But 600 + PAR watts will do what your seeing in your garden. Looks great. DE lights are also pushing more PAR watts then SE SHPS lamps. They stretch spectrum which pushes more watts under PAR zones. Overdriving your HPS will do same thing, I run 5% over on all bulbs.

Cheers

So, I'm told that a HPS (not super with added blue) running at 1000 watts only has 400 watts of PAR energy. So any 400 watt (from wall not like mars II 400 @ 175 watts) LED should be equal if all watts are PAR. I've been using xtrasun HPS due to crazy amount of blue, 2x Eye. I'm lacking red or mid 600 to 700 nm though on this bulb. But 600 + PAR watts will do what your seeing in your garden. Looks great. DE lights are also pushing more PAR watts then SE SHPS lamps. They stretch spectrum which pushes more watts under PAR zones. Overdriving your HPS will do same thing, I run 5% over on all bulbs.

Cheers

From the movie The Replacements........."That's some deep shit Shane" Wtg Falco!!

Picture_025106.jpg
Picture_023104.jpg
Picture_021129.jpg
Picture_020136.jpg
Picture_018154.jpg
Picture_019142.jpg
Picture_011250.jpg
Picture_010267.jpg
Picture_009276.jpg
Picture_008278.jpg
Picture_007307.jpg
Picture_005344.jpg
Picture_003368.jpg
Picture_020135.jpg
Picture_005344.jpg

Has anyone tried to contact these people at Advanced LED? I've tried several times since yesterday and only get a recording, even though the listed hours say they should be open. No luck so far, are they even still in business?

Doc, on the GA/root ball (post #37): it's obvious that you've "scored" the root ball, but it looks like you cut a wedge from each side, rather than just a straight down-cut. Or, are the "sides" just separating from the cut?

The container had those shapes in it. The rootball is just mimicking the shape of the container.

Straight down cut with a razor blade, top to bottom 90 degrees from eachother.

Doc Bud, I wish you lived next door to act as a tutor. As a brown thumb gardener from way back, I shouldn't be allowed near a living plant. :yikes: Those plants are truly beautiful. I didn't understand the term "frosty" until I saw photos like that.

Doc Bud, I wish you lived next door to act as a tutor. As a brown thumb gardener from way back, I shouldn't be allowed near a living plant. :yikes: Those plants are truly beautiful. I didn't understand the term "frosty" until I saw photos like that.

Lot's of first time growers are getting results similar to mine. Some longtime growers are getting better results! You can do it too.

Make sure your environment is good, order a kit, cook some soil and join the fun!

As with the last run of Advanced LED's, where I used the "400's....the plants are coming on very strong in the latter half of bloom. Unusually strong!

I'm very impressed with the strength of the stems and branches. This is going to be a heavy harvest.

IMG_94754.jpg
IMG_94744.JPG
IMG_94673.jpg
IMG_94663.jpg
IMG_94653.JPG
IMG_94642.JPG
IMG_94632.JPG
IMG_94622.jpg
IMG_94612.jpg
IMG_94603.jpg

the plants look bulkier, thicker, bigger than your usual..:bravo:

Back