Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartpots

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartp

Definately should give the BPN Farmer's Pride Organic a shot brother, you will love it. I know you like the way EJ performs, but what I am saying is that there is a better and cheaper alternative, and Corey is VERY adament about putting the top quality ingredients and processes into his nutrients. I've tried em all, and BPN is by far the best working for me and some of my friends so far.
GT

Re: Icemud Holy Grail OG - Kali Kandi - SoCalDam OG - XJ-13 - Organic - Soil - Smartp

Here are the photo's for today, flowering day 69....

DSC039422.JPG
DSC039432.JPG
DSC039441.JPG
DSC03945.JPG
DSC03946.JPG
DSC03947.JPG
DSC03948.JPG
DSC039492.JPG
DSC039503.JPG
DSC039511.JPG
DSC039521.JPG
DSC03954.JPG
DSC039551.JPG
DSC039561.JPG
DSC039571.JPG

Huge arm long Kali Kandi cola!!
DSC039591.JPG

DSC039601.JPG
DSC039611.JPG
DSC03962.JPG
DSC03963.JPG
DSC039631.JPG
DSC03964.JPG

Today, Day 70 Flowering...

The ladies seem to have adjusted to the re-positioning of the tent and really have responded to the light, many new white pistils are shooting out of the buds and they seem to have even swelled more than they were a day ago...

Many of the leaves today were looking pretty droopy...either a sign of needing water or rootballed...since the plants are in airpots, I doubt it is rootball, and since they have not been watered in about a week they were plenty due.

I mixed up 5 gallons of distilled water with (last trip to buy distilled water from now on!!! wooo hoo!!! R/O system should arrive friday!!)

Since the soil has been plenty fortified with organic nutrients the whole cycle, most of these take months to break down, no more N is needed at this time, so I eliminated it from my nutrients. I also have had severe lockout and possibly K issues so I decided to add very little in the "bloom" nutrients and only added a 1/2 amount of Bloom and no Meta_K. I wanted to focus on additives and soil enhancers this feeding so I stuck with only things that help feed and break down the soil....as well as humic and fulvic acids aid in chelation of available nutrients.

I didn't take any photo's today but will tomorrow.

Into the water I added:

60ml Earthjuice Bloom
40ml earthjuice Catalyst
50ml of Advanced nutrients H2 humic acid
40ml of Advanced Nutrients F1 Fulvic Acid
40ml of Hygrozyme
20 ml of liquid carboload
1 TBSP molasses

20ml of Naked fruit smoothy "blue Machine"
20 ml of Naked fruit smoothy "berry blast"

The ph of the mix after bubbling for a little while sat at 6.4ph and 400ppm...

Fantastic congratulations on your newly purchase best thing i ever brought!

"last stage is a D/I deionizing filter.. this will trap any remaining solids/salts/particles and produce neutral 7ph 0ppm water..."

I didn't know this my RO comes out at 0ppm but i don't have a D/I resin filter as i was told this messes with PH, the problem im faced with without the D/I is my Ph is super low around PH 6 after adding my food its around 5.5 perfect for hydro not so good for soil, so i used tap for soil as i dont like adding loads of ph salts that have no benefit to the plant, think i will be buying a D/I filter.

Girls are looking sexy, sexy :goodjob:

Day 71 Flowering, Jan 18th...

Wow, I still hardly see any cloudy trichomes on any of the ladies except the XJ-13... mostly all clear!! I wonder if the lockout that happened, delayed them from flowering a few weeks? 10 weeks seems to be a long time, definitely not a complaint because the buds are just getting fatter and fatter, but just curious why?

I have read that organic soil grows take much longer to fully mature than hydro grows, and also the addition of blue light delay's flowering but increases bud size and potency...so I think the combo of all of the above is the cause of the delay.

After yesterday's watering, the ladies look happy, healthy and perky, as new growth is showing and I am not seeing any more deficiency/lockout issues or signs in the new leaves so I hope that I tackled that issue... :)

Here are the photo's for today
DSC03966.JPG
DSC03967.JPG
DSC03968.JPG
DSC03969.JPG
DSC03970.JPG
DSC03971.JPG
DSC039731.JPG
DSC039741.JPG
DSC039751.JPG
DSC03976.JPG
DSC039781.JPG
DSC039791.JPG

Dude, what a great use of your space, you are the man!! Such beauties!

Day 72 Flowering...wow, these girls are taking a long time to mature...still hardly any cloudy trichomes and none amber yet at 10 weeks...wow... that lockout must really have delayed the ripening period... There definitely still growing and fattening, but still shooting out tons of white pistil's as well.... hopefully they will be done soon, the wait is killing me... lol

Here are the photo's of today.... tomorrow my R/O system arrives and I will upload photo's along with test results..

Full Tent views
DSC039901.JPG
DSC03991.JPG
DSC03992.JPG
DSC03993.JPG
DSC040061.JPG

OG101 600w hps side
DSC040041.JPG
DSC04005.JPG

OG101 400w cmh side
DSC039961.JPG
DSC03997.JPG

XJ-13
DSC03994.JPG

Kali Kandi
DSC04001.JPG
DSC04002.JPG
DSC03999.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC040031.JPG
DSC03995.JPG

I got my Reverse Osmosis system today!!! Wow I am impressed.

Shipping came in just 5 day's after the order was placed online, i talked to customer service and they were helpful, friendly, and knew there products well which was very comforting.

The unit came fully assembled as the filter, the DI unit was on a separate mountable rack. I also ordered a sink diverter valve so I can easily switch between sink and R/O water which installed very quickly. Plenty of tubing came with the unit so I was able to cut to desired length. All of the connectors are as simple as shoving the hose in and it's done... awesome!!

So upon hooking up the system, which took a whole 10 minutes if even that, I also installed a ball valve (extra 20$, not included) so I could switch between R/O water for drinking, and R/O with DI water for plants...

The system was instructed to run for 1 hour before use to flush out any carbon and extra materials used in manufacture so I did this and an hour later I tested the output to see how fast I was getting water...

I used a 2.5 gallon jug from the store and it only took about 25 minutes to fill up all the way.... pretty quick for a R/O without booster pump!! I do have pretty strong water pressure...not sure what psi but would estimate upwards of 70+psi...

DSC04058.JPG
DSC04059.JPG
DSC04060.JPG
DSC040611.JPG

Waste Water tube

DSC04063.JPG

Drinking water output
DSC04064.JPG

Now the true test...

I tested the PPM of the sink water directly out the sink, out of the R/O and out of the R/O with DI and here are the results...

regular sink water

DSC04076.JPG

R/O water without DI

DSC04079.JPG

R/O water with DI

DSC04078.JPG

Labeled the output tubes so I didn't get confused :)

DSC04062.JPG

I wasn't able to test the PH of the water due to my PH meter's batteries getting low, and with R/O and D/I water, sometimes the electrode wont read accurately because there is no conductivity of pure water... Will try with the drops and show pics of my digital when its done :

Hope this helps anyone...took lots of research to make this decision and really happy I did.. :)

Going Bananna's!!!!

Well started off with the good news which was the reverse osmosis system being much better than expected :)

Now to the bad news... well sort of...

Day 73 Flowering, Jan 20th!!

Going strait bananna's!!!

Check out my tent...notice somthing missing????
DSC040402.JPG
DSC040411.JPG
DSC040422.JPG
DSC040433.JPG
DSC040441.JPG
DSC040453.JPG

I took a peek inside my tent today, giving the ladies a good look over....I noticed that the lower bud's on my XJ-13 were looking really funny. They had spec's of white all over which to me looked like the start of seeds, which I remembered from my hermie blue dragon..and upon closer inspection found out that indeed somehow my XJ-13 had pollinated itself and formed seeds.. A few day's ago I noticed that all the leaves seemed to really be struggling and the ph of the runoff was within good range, so wasn't really sure what was wrong... Anyways i believe because of the stress, she must have hermied and formed seeds, fortunately I caught her early so none of the larger cola/tops were affected (as far as i know). Many of the small, new lower buds though were showing the small white dots/seeds forming and so from my past blue dragon that I needed to cut her down or it would spread to the rest of the plant...at least thats what seemed to happen with my last grow..
I am hoping to still salvage most of the XJ-13 but really I will have to wait until there dried and cured to find out...damn...

Total harvest for the XJ-13
276.49g wet weight...

Here are the XJ-13 harvest photo's

DSC040131.JPG
DSC040141.JPG
DSC040152.JPG
DSC040185.JPG
DSC04056.JPG
DSC040571.JPG
DSC040551.JPG
DSC04065.JPG
DSC040202.JPG
DSC040271.JPG
DSC04028.JPG
DSC04029.JPG
DSC040302.JPG
DSC04033.JPG
DSC040352.JPG
DSC040362.JPG
DSC040382.JPG
DSC040392.JPG
DSC04066.JPG
DSC04067.JPG

The OG101 on the 400w CMH side has really been struggling, producing very little fragerence as well as very low amounts of trichomes...this was the one severely stunted, almost killed at transplant/clone and I thought she would make a good comeback, but was very concerned for her because the lack of scent and trichomes... Well my suspicions about her being a hermie, (taking notice to the white hairs being very curled up, same as my blue dragon from last grow) became true today.... I noticed when looking closely that there were a few bananna's on her and so upon closer look she was starting to produce lil white seeds... I'm frustrated but was expected so overall hopefully will at least get some good edibles, and maybe some ok smoke..

Overall for the OG101 I got 227.4g wet weight (after trim/manicure) not too bad, and not all of the buds show male/hermie traits, but still lack fragerence and very little trichome's... so hopefully after drying and curing, I will be able to pick through the buds and find which or ok, and which seeded...I did find one fully developed seed, so she will be saved for a future grow to see what happens...

Here are the photo's from the OG101 Harvest...only 1 of 2 plants total..

DSC040462.JPG
DSC040481.JPG
DSC040491.JPG
DSC040521.JPG
DSC04053.JPG
DSC040541.JPG
DSC040551.JPG

All of the trimmed buds hanging to dry...

DSC040571.JPG
DSC040202.JPG
DSC04074.JPG
DSC040731.JPG
DSC040721.JPG
DSC040691.JPG
DSC040701.JPG
DSC040711.JPG
DSC04068.JPG

I really hope that this was stress related and my other plant's turn out ok...I am going to really give them a good look tomorrow and hope I see no more banannas...

Great work on the grow and harvest. Those look delectable. The SCROG really does the job. Looking forward to the dry weight and smoke report. Enter one of the nug in Feb NOTM! Beautiful bud formation. Many people will enjoy these.

Today is day 74 of flowering and I decided to take down my Kali Kandi today. I decided this for a few reasons. 1st I noticed 1 banana on one of the top cola's and I knew if I waited any longer, these delicious sensimilla buds will turn seedy and lose THC so I decided not to risk the wait, and to pull her today. I also wanted to fill up my drying rack/box because I know when I harvest my holy grail and OG101, I will need the whole rack... :)

I decided that I am going to leave all of the undergrowth on the kali kandi for about a week, watching closely to notice any hermie characteristics...If she doesn't show any, hopefully this extra week will allow the lower buds to put on a little more weight, as well as mature closer to finish...

After cutting down all the top cola's, the largest single cola weighing in around 58g's wet :)

The total weight weight of the Kali Kandi is 303.3g not including probably another 50-80g's still on the plants....not to shabby for one plant... I am hoping to get around 4oz off her when all said and done...

Being completely scared now of hermies and possibly polination, I looked over my remaining Holy Grail OG's and other OG101, one small bud on the Holy Grail is also showing some white balls, what looks like seeds develping, but only on a small underbud, so I will be watching these closely as well. All I need is them to go about another 5-7 day's until I can load up my drying rack and these will all be chopped as well.

Gave the remainin plants some water today...

2.5gallons of distilled water with :

30ml humic acid
20ml fulvic acid
20ml hygrozyme
20ml of liquid carboload

20ml of Berry Blast fruit smoothy
20ml of Blue machine fruit smoothy..

ph was 6.8...fed the girls..

only wanted to give lots of carbo's to the soil as well as cheation additives, nothing with NPK value at this time...

DSC04082.JPG
DSC040831.JPG
DSC04084.JPG
DSC040851.JPG
DSC040861.JPG
DSC04087.JPG
DSC04088.JPG
DSC04089.JPG
DSC04090.JPG
DSC04091.JPG
DSC04092.JPG
DSC04093.JPG
DSC04094.JPG
DSC04095.JPG
DSC040981.JPG

Dude, what a great use of your space, you are the man!! Such beauties!

Thanks GT!! couldn't have done it without the wonderful people here at 420!!! Cant wait till its all cured and done!

Here are the photo's for the ladies on day 74 flowering....Jan 23rd... Well gave the girls a real good look over searching for bananna's and white seed pods and so far so good, whew.... Im just waiting for my drying rack to become empty and these ladies are getting chopped, should be another 3-4 days or so because the humidity in my drying room stays around 50% and around 70F so it takes quite a while for the outsides to become crispy...slower dry is OK by me...wouldn't want to waste all the time and effort to rush the dry and cure.. :) im sure most would agree.. :)

Since the Holy Grail's are so damn branchy, I most likely will be leaving the small underbuds on the plants and running the light for another week or 2 to see if I can get a little more out of her... we will see because I don't want to run her into hermie...

The girls look super healthy and frosty, can't wait to try the HolyGrail OG, she smells like strait jet/diesel fuel, going to make my eyes roll back in my head hopefully ...lol...

Here are the photo's for today....

Full Tent Views
DSC04099.JPG
DSC04100.JPG
DSC041141.JPG
DSC04115.JPG

Holy Grail OG
DSC04101.JPG
DSC04102.JPG
DSC04104.JPG
DSC04106.JPG
DSC04107.JPG
DSC04105.JPG

OG101
DSC04108.JPG
DSC041091.JPG
DSC04110.JPG
DSC04113.JPG

Secondary little nugs on the Kali Kandi, the ones that I left to thicken up
DSC04111.JPG

Day 76 flowering... well the ladies are looking extremely healthy, happy and frosty today...checked the trichomes on the Holy Grail OG's and still mostly clear, some cloudy, and some amber, but mostly clear... I think these babies can go another week or 2... but I am going to keep really close watch because I don't want them seeding like some of my other ones...

My OG101 is still hangin in there, not really growing extensivly, but not really ready to pull either, so I think she is going to get another week or 2 depending on the trichomes which are mostly cloudy/milky on her...really would like to see at least 30% amber...

The secondary buds on the kali kandi are making progress, really beautiful colors ranging from lime/bright green to deep purple, such a beautiful strain... most likely will run her again in the future... the smell alone is that of strait OG jet fuel with a sweet mocha/purple undertone amazing plants!!

I tried shooting some photo's with my g2x phone today since it is a 8mp and my camera is only a 4.5mp, pretty clear photo's with the CMH running...

I also bumped down the amount of red light by cutting the cycle in the morning by 20 mins, and 20 mins at the end of the day...so my 400w CMH runs the full 12 hours, but the 600w HPS is running about 11.5 hours. I want to try to simulate the day getting shorter, so next week I am going to bump both lights down by 1/2 hour...

I'm starting to look around at different types of lighting, LED, plasma, and induction, I really would like to save money on my electric bills and with the advances in technology and the prices slowly starting to creep down, I think its getting close to time to try out LED or induction lighting... currently my grow is running well over 1000w including lights fans and all the goodies... if i could cut that in half, which would cut my bill in half, I would save around 60$ per month, and added up for the whole grow in savings... thats about 300$ in savings...

I really am curious about that 400w pro bloom induction light I have seen online, it rivals a 1000w HID light and has a very good PAR rating, and runs 600w less than a 1000w light.... for around 700$ seems like a pretty good investment...

For coverage in my tent with LED, its going to be much more costly because of the rectangular shape tent... I am going to have to run 2x 300w LED's or so to get a good light footprint on my tent... and thats a good $800+ for the lights, well for good ones with IR and UV and multiple bands.... the PAR light usage is slightly better than induction, but upfront cost seems to be quite high.... will keep shopping around and researching, not ready to purchase yet...

Also I am hoping on my next grow to add a 2nd tent, I don't have much room at my place, so I am looking for another 2x4 hydrohut, just like the one I have, then I will be able to cut my cycle down by a few months, as well as have veg/clone tent and flowering tent... I am also looking into different types of lighting for veg/clone tent...seems a lot of options, but may even stick with my 400w CMH since the spectrum is so damn full....we will see...

already starting to look into strains for my next grow.... Since the Holy Grail OG seemed to be such a nice plant to grow, and she looks like she will yeild a good 1/2 or more just off 2, I may run this one again. I also love blue dream, so considering running some of this strain too, but really not sure yet.. I just know I want to have some elite/exclusive strains as well as tasty knock me out ones.. :)

Here are today's photos
IMG_20120123_174306.jpg
IMG_20120123_174406.jpg
IMG_20120123_174436.jpg
IMG_20120123_174446.jpg
IMG_20120123_174508.jpg
IMG_20120123_174515.jpg
IMG_20120123_174528.jpg
IMG_20120123_174558.jpg
IMG_20120123_174605.jpg
IMG_20120123_174615.jpg
IMG_20120123_174620.jpg

Damn icemud that is a beautiful chopped plant. Id buy that at my collective garden if i saw it there. I havent been by here for a few weeks and im bummed i couldnt find time. Your grow is entertaining and i wish i could have seen it all unfold. Great journal man, cant wait to see your final weigh in

Great to have ya back chiefin!! Thanks for the compliments... I can't wait to get started on my 3rd grow... :) still trying to decide what strains to grow....got this one thats called donkey punch which is a blackberry kush x skywalker x sour bubble and just sounds delicious, but the way the holy grail og is going, I think I may have to give her another go around... thanks for stoppin back thru!!

Back
Top Bottom