Landrace Genetics 101

That Purp

Purple Satellite is Oacacan, but do not recall which one. the thread with Purple Satellite is here. maybe in this landrac
Purple Satellite is Purple Oaxacan 79Skull x Baglung Nepal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't remember his 420Mag name ... :hmmmm: Wait ... Vermontman? ... Nope. :hmmmm:

Yeah, he used to be a member here. Ace Seeds carries Purple Satellite and a couple other of his strains.

guerrero 2023.JPG

This is the Chimera Guerrero x Blueberry at chop time. No amber resin but lots of milky resin. Forgot how long it took to flower, as other projects keeping me busy. Maybe 11 weeks at 9 hours lights on. Height is 15 inches with lots of bending and keeping the light close.

A couple of 17 watt LED lights in a splitter over this in the corner of a closet, no tent or filter. Tried to clone it we will see. I think this is the Guerrero leaning pheno, anyways I like it. Have grown maybe 20 females of this line and this is as good as I have gotten from this strain.

Question for this thread:

I’m working with some unknown genetics from northern Luzon Philippines. I stumbled across this thing the lane race team calls “scorpion tail shape phenotype” they don’t show a picture of what they mean but they describe it here;

“This powerful super sativa is the result of one of our special Lagkitan purple scorpion phenotype females from the Philippines with aromas of mint and fruity bubblegum. We have crossed it to an outstanding, beautiful and very productive Punto Rojo scorpion tail male phenotype that comes from very resinous and potent plants with pleasant aromas of haze and very marked incense.“

Seams to be a pheno trait that several landrace varieties share.

This if the leaf of my pheno right now;
9F80653B-E9EE-4030-87C6-AC74593819B0.jpeg
A6B97A21-DEFB-4896-A670-67C23FCE0DDC.jpeg

Does anyone have an idea what is scorpion tail phenos??

Highly appreciate of any lead or answer.
:passitleft:

Question for this thread:

Does anyone have an idea what is scorpion tail phenos??

In peppers, it refers to the little bit on the end (of some of them). Which isn't really like a scorpion's tail, but some people play fast and loose with the English language, I suppose. With cannabis, my original guess was (very, very approximately) the same shape on top of the primary cola. However, the breeder specifically mentioned "...beautiful and very productive Punto Rojo scorpion tail male phenotype..." so, upon consideration, I haven't the foggiest notion. Unless he(?) merely meant that the tip curled.

The website you liked to for reference has a prominent "Contact Us" tab/link at the top right. I suggest you use it to ask WtH the person meant by that term. And, if you do, please post what you learn.

Hello everyone 👋

Pretty new here. I am growing a landrace from Africa, Black African Magic. I have grown and harvested two, the third is near harvest.

According to the seed bank, this strains flower stage is 7-9 weeks, however, the first two and third were/are all nearly 5 1/2 months…And I am certain they were still “green” when harvested.

I am curious as to what you all see/watch for regarding long flowering landrace strains? The first two plants had no detectable change in trichome color or clarity, no amber either, pistils were dark brown on top and receded at harvest. I have read that for some landrace strains that are long flowering, the trichomes never change, and you go entirely off pistils.

Attached are pics as of today. Yes my pictures suck. Yes this plant experienced nutrient burn. Yes I was sad when this happened.

Thanks everyone 🙏

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

Hello everyone 👋

Pretty new here. I am growing a landrace from Africa, Black African Magic. I have grown and harvested two, the third is near harvest.

According to the seed bank, this strains flower stage is 7-9 weeks, however, the first two and third were/are all nearly 5 1/2 months…And I am certain they were still “green” when harvested.

I am curious as to what you all see/watch for regarding long flowering landrace strains? The first two plants had no detectable change in trichome color or clarity, no amber either, pistils were dark brown on top and receded at harvest. I have read that for some landrace strains that are long flowering, the trichomes never change, and you go entirely off pistils.

Attached are pics as of today. Yes my pictures suck. Yes this plant experienced nutrient burn. Yes I was sad when this happened.

Thanks everyone 🙏

IMG_3379.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

it's the real
IMG_3368.jpeg
Wow that stuff is legendary. Didn't think it existed anymore. Great score if it's the real deal. Breed it to preserve those genetics for the benefit of humankind. Can't wait for your smoke report.

Wow that stuff is legendary. Didn't think it existed anymore. Great score if it's the real deal. Breed it to preserve those genetics for the benefit of humankind. Can't wait for your smoke report.
This is my third grow of it, first two I am convinced I harvested early…yet, it is without a doubt tied for the most potent I have ever had…by a long shot…tied with OG Kush I grew.

It is really incredible, stops extreme pain instantly, drops inflammation like letting air out of a balloon.

I dont really get a “buzz” from cannabis…but everyone else who tried it….one tiny baby puff and they are out like 80s acid washed jeans 🤪

My window would be open about now. A lot of landraces trichs don't change so your window will close before they all go amber. All my opinion growing Africans. Cheers
do you watch the pistils? I read wait till they are all brown?

I want the most potent smack the earth can give.

Pistils are one of the signals but I mostly go by how they look and how they feel. If they feel full, look like the caylax's are swelled up and how the scent is. Also they will start to slow down on the drinking the last week or so.
I've been growing Africans for at least 20 years so for me it is second nature.
I often take a small bud from somewhere in the middle. Dry it up at about 40 degrees c and roll it up. It doesn't taste great but you will get an idea of where you are potency wise. Keep in mind the end result will be about 5 times stronger and better than a Quickdry sample.
But yeah, if those were mine I'd be snipping some samples.
Please let us know here how you did and how the buds turned out
I'll almost always harvest sativa with fresh pistils. But about 80% brown and receded is a good guide that your window is opening. Then it's like 3 weeks maybe 4 and your window for what you want is gone.

Here’s my current tent grow Starting top left to right. Golden Tiger, Malawi, Panama x Golden Tiger(x2 bottom right) and Killer A5 Haze. They sickly before I got gout but gave some epsom salt and sister took over for a bit while nursed my foot. Seem to be looking more lively now and will flip them to 12/12 Sunday.

IMG_4526.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg
IMG_4522.jpeg
IMG_4523.jpeg
IMG_4524.jpeg
IMG_4525.jpeg

Pistils are one of the signals but I mostly go by how they look and how they feel. If they feel full, look like the caylax's are swelled up and how the scent is. Also they will start to slow down on the drinking the last week or so.
I've been growing Africans for at least 20 years so for me it is second nature.
I often take a small bud from somewhere in the middle. Dry it up at about 40 degrees c and roll it up. It doesn't taste great but you will get an idea of where you are potency wise. Keep in mind the end result will be about 5 times stronger and better than a Quickdry sample.
But yeah, if those were mine I'd be snipping some samples.
Please let us know here how you did and how the buds turned out
I'll almost always harvest sativa with fresh pistils. But about 80% brown and receded is a good guide that your window is opening. Then it's like 3 weeks maybe 4 and your window for what you want is gone.
Thank you 🙏

Literally you sounds like the exact person I need to connect with.

I also grew OG Kush, watching trichomes was exactly as I read, very easy. Black African Magic is playing by different rules.

I will definitely watch for 80% receded pistils, right now half are brown and sticking out, the other straight up white and fuzzy.

Right now this plant is drinking about 2 1/4 gallons of water every day in a SIP, it has not slowed down at all, only sped up.

My first two BAM plants were accidentally pollinated by a male Purple Diesel Plant that was supposed to be female that I did not check soon enough. So this plant smells some what different, not totally different. This round the aroma is very robust, more spice and pepper, as opposed to the last two which were ENTIRELY lemon. So it is hard to judge off smell as it already smells so much better.

Thanks again, if you have any post you would recommend I read, or pics of african plants ready for harvest, I will read and go through everything.

🙏 🤙🏻

Back
Top Bottom