Last Minute Summer Grow - Wish Me Luck - Sativas

Hey, danishoes! Looking great - so healthy and happy! Thank you so much for posting so many photos, by the way -- I'm learning so much :) That tea looks interesting -- I've been just composting my defol but maybe I should be sipping it! How long do you simmer it in the double boiler?

For the Cannabis infused water just boil it 45 min on a low simmer, the doble boiler is used to not break the leaf tissue and not letting all the chlorophyl out, technically I take the essence from the stems and leaves. After you cool it and you can used to make smoothies. Also it taste better when plants are organic because they don't have the mineral taste of the nutrients.

Thanks for the kind words, I don't get to spend that much time on my grow but when I do I like to take pictures and post them, like one would do on a journal, so I can compare progress during the weeks. It helps others compare as well. Its fun taking pictures

:passitleft:

Big Update
After almost 3 days no water diet, I gave the ladies their dose of nutrients for the week. They are almost finishing their first month in the tent, also its almost a month since they showed pistils. I don't really count the weeks until harvest, later on I start looking at trichome desired color and maturity so I can harvest. They have made incredible progress with the least damage, Im pretty surprised at the amount of trichomes they are all showing making a very lovely coating.

IMG_026743.jpg

Jamaican Sativa ( feminized phenos)
IMG_026841.jpg
IMG_026940.jpg
IMG_027041.jpg
IMG_027328.jpg
IMG_027138.jpg
IMG_027235.jpg
IMG_027439.jpg
IMG_027537.jpg
IMG_027644.jpg
IMG_027844.jpg
IMG_027941.jpg
IMG_028036.jpg

Jamaican Sativa (reg)
IMG_028141.jpg
IMG_028536.jpg
IMG_028241.jpg
IMG_028343.jpg
IMG_028437.jpg
IMG_028641.jpg
IMG_028832.jpg
IMG_028936.jpg
IMG_029039.jpg

Chemdawg
IMG_029134.jpg
IMG_029330.jpg
IMG_029232.jpg
IMG_029426.jpg
IMG_029532.jpg
IMG_029637.jpg
IMG_029740.jpg

Brainstorm Haze
IMG_029839.jpg
IMG_029934.jpg
IMG_030037.jpg
IMG_030141.jpg
IMG_030342.jpg
IMG_030239.jpg
IMG_030440.jpg

Overall
IMG_030539.jpg
IMG_030741.jpg
IMG_030639.jpg
IMG_030841.jpg

This is a drink I made to water my plants today, consist of molases, food grade Diatomaceous Earth, 1/4 doze of Blossom fertilizer, Bone meal, Frozen egg shells. Blended to the max so its faster to breakdown.
IMG_031730.jpg
IMG_031834.jpg

Danish - everything is looking great :woohoo:

Love the pictures. That was some post!

I noticed something I was hoping you could elaborate on. Are you wrapping the buds in something like saran wrap? If you are, can you provide some details on your technique? :Namaste:

Danish - everything is looking great :woohoo:

Love the pictures. That was some post!

I noticed something I was hoping you could elaborate on. Are you wrapping the buds in something like saran wrap? If you are, can you provide some details on your technique? :Namaste:

:thanks: for the kind words golfer :thanks:

Regarding the buds, I don't wrap them sorry not really much I could help with that, but I do talk to them a lot :rofl:

The only technique I use LST and sometimes I take it a bit to far :tommy:
I also defol a lot

What did you noticed btw?? maybe you see something Im not seeing :thumb:

I'm sorry guys...I was away for work the past week and couldn't hit 420 on the corporate laptop :smokin:

I guess you can blame my silly question on the weed:loopy:. I'll explain.

That one dried bud you showed looked so tight, like it had been wrapped.

Then further down, there was a picture of a joint rolled. Now I realize it is a joint on your laptop. When I first saw it, I thought it was a long skinny bud that you wrapped in wax paper or something.:rofl:

I'm sorry guys...I was away for work the past week and couldn't hit 420 on the corporate laptop :smokin:

I guess you can blame my silly question on the weed:loopy:. I'll explain.

That one dried bud you showed looked so tight, like it had been wrapped.

Then further down, there was a picture of a joint rolled. Now I realize it is a joint on your laptop. When I first saw it, I thought it was a long skinny bud that you wrapped in wax paper or something.:rofl:

Ok ok now I understand, well you are not far from what it really is, sometimes after I wash my plants I wrap them with brown paper like if it was a big fat joint, I like to do this because the paper absorbs the humidity, and it shapes the plant on a more compact way. I specially do this with these weird looking phenos that have a different bud structure (like a fox tail) I try to emulate what a thai stick looks like. Does it better the smoke?? I don't think so, Its mostly aesthetic.

So you take the paper bags like you can get from the food store and wrap them after trimming? Do you hang them or just put them in a box? Still leaving them about 5 - 8 days for drying?

Sorry - didn't mean to do an inquisition :Namaste:

So you take the paper bags like you can get from the food store and wrap them after trimming? Do you hang them or just put them in a box? Still leaving them about 5 - 8 days for drying?

Sorry - didn't mean to do an inquisition :Namaste:

I don't mind the questions, in fact I encourage people to ask. Some of the methods I use seem to not belong here, like not Cannabis related... but for me its all about experimenting in order to get the finest.

Yeah, paper bags brown paper bags, I cut the whole plant, trim the leaf matter, wash, quick dry with a clean absorbent paper towel, then I roll the entire plant into one big "blunt". Then leave it in the oven with the oven light on for several days. I find that just light makes enough heat to slowly dry the plant, add to that the paper absorbs the liquid but at the same time keeps the moisture inside the plant, so its like a condensation effect. I find hanging it upside down to dry all naked gives the bud a dryness to it. The oven trick is an adaptation of a technique we use in kitchens to dry things. I wouldn't go above 35 degrees Celsius, if you don't want to shrink your buds, remember buds are around 70% water so your mission is to slowly remove the water content without losing the essential oils to evaporation.

This is entirely my believe I could be wrong, I could be right... All I know is, I use this technique and it works fine.

There is also decarboxylation... now a days senior growers here are talking about this. Once again many ways to achieve this.

Changes made today, big watering using molasses, bone meal and frozen banana peels. Everything was boiled, cooled down and served. Over the weekend I wasn't here and the girls got hot in the tent, kinda hurt some leaves but they came thru. Took 5 mins off the daylight so they are down to 11 hrs on/13 hrs off they might just finish the month at this light schedule. I have been doing very slight changes in the light schedule.
Over all they seem to be doing good, slow but steady, buds are really starting to develop, a new set of pistils seem to be popping out. Some seeds seem to be ready, the quality of the meds doesn't seem to be affected by the fact that they got slightly pollinated.

Big Photo Update/
Watering prep
IMG_053028.jpg

Chemdawg
IMG_053833.jpg
IMG_054030.jpg
IMG_054133.jpg
IMG_054234.jpg
IMG_054341.jpg
IMG_054733.jpg
IMG_054929.jpg
IMG_059532.jpg

Brainstorm
IMG_055032.jpg
IMG_055134.jpg
IMG_055330.jpg
IMG_055427.jpg
IMG_055239.jpg
IMG_055527.jpg
IMG_055631.jpg
IMG_055738.jpg
IMG_055832.jpg
IMG_055934.jpg

Jamaican Sativa
IMG_056033.jpg
IMG_056432.jpg
IMG_056327.jpg
IMG_056132.jpg
IMG_056635.jpg
IMG_056730.jpg
IMG_056829.jpg
IMG_056930.jpg
IMG_057030.jpg

Jamaican Sativa (fem phenos)
IMG_057127.jpg
IMG_057232.jpg
IMG_057330.jpg
IMG_057436.jpg
IMG_057546.jpg
IMG_057641.jpg
IMG_057737.jpg
IMG_057840.jpg
IMG_057933.jpg
IMG_058036.jpg
IMG_058135.jpg
IMG_058341.jpg
IMG_058436.jpg
IMG_058533.jpg
IMG_058632.jpg
IMG_058734.jpg
IMG_058831.jpg
IMG_058938.jpg

Tent
IMG_059039.jpg
IMG_059337.jpg
IMG_059140.jpg
IMG_053731.jpg

Wow. You are prolific with the pictures :thumb:

I love seeing the pictures. Thanks for the feedback on the drying. I hung mine in the closet then to jars. Your method makes quite a bit of sense too.

Danish - have you tried trimming some of those fan leaves in prior grows? Just curious about your thoughts on trimming :Namaste:

Today I did some defoliation, most of the fan leaves removed are the oldest. Back to training for some of the phenos like the Brainstorm is being trained to her limits, she has the thickest stem as a result from all the bending and the training seems to be working she looks like one big ball of buds, she is kinda leafy she is gonna take some time to trim...
They are all starting to show their unique traits, they look like they realized its time to mature and start the ripening.

IMG_063331.jpg
IMG_063438.jpg
IMG_063531.jpg
IMG_063626.jpg
IMG_063725.jpg
IMG_063829.jpg
IMG_063930.jpg
IMG_064031.jpg
IMG_064127.jpg

This is a little thing I started doing with my leaves, I wash them with cold water, boiled then in a double boiler (a glass jar filled with water inside a casserole filled with water) I do this to avoid breaking the tissue and lose the minimum chlorophyl possible. After a good 45 mins I let them cool down and then I used them for salad mix with other things like spinach, romain, boston, arugula... you won't tell the difference.
IMG_063230.jpg
IMG_064232.jpg
IMG_064328.jpg

The chunkiness continues

Are you training them outwards at all? They all sort of look like that to me for some reason.

You got a good eye CC, they are trained outward, I try to keep the center of my pots clear so the light is gonna reach the lowest possible, and by bending outward the plant is sure to have light from the bottom to top. The downside is the other face of the plant has less light reach, so tends to stretch a little more, I can see it in the stem structure once I trim. Its a little price to pay but I find great training method to keep very small and compact plants.

Wow. You are prolific with the pictures :thumb:

I love seeing the pictures. Thanks for the feedback on the drying. I hung mine in the closet then to jars. Your method makes quite a bit of sense too.

Danish - have you tried trimming some of those fan leaves in prior grows? Just curious about your thoughts on trimming :Namaste:

Thanks for the kind words golfer, yeah any drying method is valid at the end of the day its all about treating the plant as great as possible from start to jar.
:thumb:

About the trimming I just actually trimmed some big fan leaves. I trim as I train my plants when I see its to much leaf matter I chose the zones I want to remove from, I take bunch but also thinking that the more I take the more energy the plant needs to heal. So I do up too 3 sets of defoliation a grow.

Went thru the tent today the whole prep before the weekend, big watering some nice refreshing drench and misting as well, light misting so the buds dry fast enough staying away from mouldy results. Last weekend I was gone and the tent got hot, it caused damage to some of the ladies, not to die for they are getting back on track, hopefully this weekend it doesn't happen again. They are slowly taking off to pure bud making, and displaying their very nice traits, however I did notice some signs of slight deficiencies located at the bottom growth, I think its because of the poor light penetration to the lower branches also being hurt from intense heat... On the feminized phenos two are showing better shape than the third one, Im still happy but I will make a mark once I have the seeds recovered, no good traits for breeding... (knowing me, I will eventually pop one of these beans just to see).
Im curious to see what type of weird breed comes out of each one of these strains here, sadly they got slightly pollinated earlier, but seems it could be one of those mistakes you later don't regret. Despite the seeds they're still producing the juicy buds.

Chemdawg
IMG_067330.jpg
IMG_067535.jpg
IMG_067628.jpg

Brainstorm
IMG_067838.jpg
IMG_067932.jpg

Jamaican Sativa regular pheno
IMG_068136.jpg
IMG_068234.jpg

Jamaican Sativa feminized phenos
IMG_068434.jpg