Summer Grow - Sativas In the Balcony

Looking good danishoes. :goodjob: may be time to make the balcony a greenhouse. :slide: Your doing a very nice job on your girls. they look very heaslthy :high-five:

Looking good danishoes. :goodjob: may be time to make the balcony a greenhouse. :slide: Your doing a very nice job on your girls. they look very heaslthy :high-five:

:thanks: :thanks: Bee, this is to make up for last summers neglected grow :slide::slide: Im doing the best I can to make the girls happy :morenutes: Im really hopping the buds explode this month :amen: But since since its gonna be my first outdoor harvest and I kept it pretty organic, I dont even have a clue what to expect in yield.

Hi Danish! Love the healthy green shine your girls are putting off, truly wonderful!
We have been having some PM issues on our vegetable garden with the higher rH and dulled breezes from the west.
I read that if you are able to keep a decent air flow on your girls, mold spores will not be able to set with the continuous movement of foliage. I now leave my fans on all night on medium (which beats them nice and good) to make sure my cannabis is swaying and dancing throughout the night. Have not seen any PM to date on the cannabis, although, the PM is living 15'~ away on our zucchini and will not recede. If you think you are going to have any PM issues I would suggest adding a fan during 55-65 degree weather.

Positive vibes as always Danish, can't wait to see a harvest!! :party:

:joint: CA215

Hi Danish! Love the healthy green shine your girls are putting off, truly wonderful!
We have been having some PM issues on our vegetable garden with the higher rH and dulled breezes from the west.
I read that if you are able to keep a decent air flow on your girls, mold spores will not be able to set with the continuous movement of foliage. I now leave my fans on all night on medium (which beats them nice and good) to make sure my cannabis is swaying and dancing throughout the night. Have not seen any PM to date on the cannabis, although, the PM is living 15'~ away on our zucchini and will not recede. If you think you are going to have any PM issues I would suggest adding a fan during 55-65 degree weather.

Positive vibes as always Danish, can't wait to see a harvest!! :party:

:joint: CA215

Hey CA nice to have you back around here broda, sad to hear about the PM, but funny story I have some squash growing and I have been noticing some grey patches on the leaves and looks like PM, mould or some sort of fungus, so Im assuming the Squash has PM on the leaves, the thing is Its only appearing on the Squash none of the other plants have any signs of PM or any fungus in general. I fear the high RH% and the colder nights might cause some unexpected situations. As for the air flow Im pretty safe on that one in fact yesterday the winds were freaking me out, I felt the tree in front of the balcony was about to be torn off from the soil... very intense winds...

I'm down to take on the uninvited guests like I did with the Aphids, the pest control I used for this went really well, and kept it Bio.

Well received the Positive Vibes, and sending some back :Namaste:

Keep it safe broda, tala care.

:lot-o-toke:

:allgood::allgood::allgood:

Hi danishoes21, Nice Grow you seems to have a lot of knowledge about Sativa. Can you please kindly help me by checking out my Sativa plant in thread "hot climate grow" to see why it has been 12/12 for almost 3 weeks still no sign of budding.

Thankyou

Hey broda Im down to check your journal out, but from the get go I let you know that Sativas take their time, most will go from 9 to 12 weeks of flower, so always keep that in mind. Out of my 4 sativas right now the last one to actually show pistils was my Jamaican and this was like 2 and a half weeks ago... and the Trainwreck for example showed pistils like early August, so they are like 3 to 4 weeks apart... Want my personal opinion??? Sativas really represent a challenge to grow, Indicas are fast and they yield, some commercial strains are ready before 60 days of flowering vs a Sativa lets say a good Haze you can wait as long as 12 weeks thats 90 days up to 100 days of flowering.

One thing that really helps the plants to do the transition from Veg to Flower is changing their diet (nuts or fertilizers) from the Veg formula normally high in N. vs the Flowering formula which is Low in N very high in P and medium K.

Give them some time and they shall provide

:rollit:

After todays inspection, another revelation the Brainstorm is showing some purple pigmentation on one of the buds of the very lower branches. Now Im raising my eyebrow on this, It's starting to look like a pattern, previously I found the Jamaican was showing some purple spots on the same locations the very lower branches. Now why am I raising my eyebrow??, because if they are not purple strains, it has to be some biochemical reaction triggered by lack of sunlight and colder temperatures on the bottom branches vs the Top branches that get all the direct sunlight therefore a more hotter temperature. More interesting is the Trainwreck and the Claustrum are not showing signs of pigmentation change on any of their buds. So this brings me to my hypothesis which I intend to experiment further on when winter comes; If I maintain a temperature between 12 to 19 degrees Celsius at night during flower could I force the same pigmentation phenomenon to all my plants?? And will it spread to all the bud sites or just the ones on the bottom?? Does is work better on Sativas that are use to more hot climates??... I know for a fact that colder temperatures equals sweeter taste when we talk about fruits and veggies... I might be talking crazy but, higher latitude and colder temperatures could mean sweeter and more color diversity in the buds...?

Ohh one more thing has any one ever seen a half purple/half not Cannabis plant? Like a Dalmatian pattern...???

Its an open discussion guys so feel free to chip in with your 2 cents of knowledge. :thanks:

First lets start with the already developing colored buds on the Jamaican Sativa. if they look like this now, I can't imagine how crazy they will look by the end of the month...

DSC039426.JPG
DSC039462.JPG
DSC039445.JPG
DSC039473.JPG
DSC039495.JPG
DSC039514.JPG
DSC039525.JPG
DSC039534.JPG

DSC039673.JPG

DSC039663.JPG
DSC039651.JPG
DSC039785.JPG

Then the new discovery the Brainstorm
DSC039575.JPG
DSC039604.JPG
DSC039643.JPG

The Trainwreck has some weird stuff on some lower leafs Im praying its not PM please let it just be dirt stains...
DSC039683.JPG
DSC039704.JPG
DSC039722.JPG
DSC039734.JPG
DSC039754.JPG
DSC039823.JPG

My little giant Claustrum
DSC039763.JPG
DSC039773.JPG
DSC039844.JPG
DSC039805.JPG
DSC039794.JPG

Time to :lot-o-toke: :tokin::ganjamon:
:rollit:
Enjoy
:allgood:
:peace::peace::peace:

The Brainstorm Haze that I grew developed some purple colors in the buds. I would remove any leaves that you suspect may have powdery mildew on them from your plants and spray your plants with a product such as Sierra Natural Science SNS 244C Fungicide Concentrate to destroy any powdery mildew.

https://www.sierranaturalscience.com SNS 244C Fungicide Concentrate

The Brainstorm Haze that I grew developed some purple colors in the buds. I would remove any leaves that you suspect may have powdery mildew on them from your plants and spray your plants with a product such as Sierra Natural Science SNS 244C Fungicide Concentrate to destroy any powdery mildew.

https://www.sierranaturalscience.com SNS 244C Fungicide Concentrate

didn't know they could go purple KingJ, Im just happy she is flowering free of pests the color is just a bonus. Im gonna get on that PM situation I don't want an epidemic on my balcony. I honestly think my squash plant is sick completely I might consider killing it or isolated...

Thanks for the message
:thumb:

Very nice update danishoes. the purple is a little strange the way it showing. I have the same staining or white film on some of my girls but it has never gotten worse. I do spray at least once a week for PM. I just sprayed for PM on all my veggies this evening. The squash seems to always get it. Happy Days

Very nice update danishoes. the purple is a little strange the way it showing. I have the same staining or white film on some of my girls but it has never gotten worse. I do spray at least once a week for PM. I just sprayed for PM on all my veggies this evening. The squash seems to always get it. Happy Days

I agree with you Bee the purple is kinda strange... but as long as they grow healthy buds I don't mind the color lol about the powder Mildew Im reading about organic bio solution to the problem using milk and baking soda solutions to control the spread and ultimately eliminate the fungus spores. But I found the source of the problem my squash plant... I think the squash must sacrifice her existence for the greater good Of Cannabis.

How's it going Danish?! I would say that looks like PM to me, some sort of mold. We have the same issues on our zucchini and they will not dissipate, spraying the yard for PM every 3 days over here, thank jah nothing has showed up in the greenhouse, I have been leaving the box fan on medium throughout the night which keeps the girls swaying.. the way I have been thinking about it is if my girls are able to keep dancing throughout the night, the powdery mildew will not be able to set and form, looks to be good over here so far, already cut down 4 of our girls and have been medicating thoroughly :Namaste: How did that organic PM mix work on your op? if you are still having rain and high rH I advise you throw a fan out on the deck to make sure you are getting a decent air flow throughout the lower parts of your plants.. this is when water likes to accumulate (down low), a wet top soil adds to the rH and Powdery mildew will multiply with uncanny abilities. Keep up the vigilance brother from the east! Positive vibes as always :surf:

:volcano-smiley:

How's it going Danish?! I would say that looks like PM to me, some sort of mold. We have the same issues on our zucchini and they will not dissipate, spraying the yard for PM every 3 days over here, thank jah nothing has showed up in the greenhouse, I have been leaving the box fan on medium throughout the night which keeps the girls swaying.. the way I have been thinking about it is if my girls are able to keep dancing throughout the night, the powdery mildew will not be able to set and form, looks to be good over here so far, already cut down 4 of our girls and have been medicating thoroughly :Namaste: How did that organic PM mix work on your op? if you are still having rain and high rH I advise you throw a fan out on the deck to make sure you are getting a decent air flow throughout the lower parts of your plants.. this is when water likes to accumulate (down low), a wet top soil adds to the rH and Powdery mildew will multiply with uncanny abilities. Keep up the vigilance brother from the east! Positive vibes as always :surf:

:volcano-smiley:

CA broda great to have you around, hope everything is good for you :Namaste: where to start broda... here summer is gone like two weeks ago, the temperature right this second is 12 Celsius can you believe how cold it got and so quick... So the cold is gonna avoid the proliferation of any type of fungus but still some days Rh% hits 70-80 avg, I stopped the watering every day because of this, instead, despite all the risks, Im foliar feeding every other day with a 15 Oz formula that is 2 Oz milk, 13Oz Distilled water and 1/4 teaspoon of Jacks Blossom booster 1-3-2 and a pinch of baking soda, So far I have stopped the spread of PM and the girls seem to be feeding on it because I noticed faster growth in this past week, I just started this foliar feeding program. Also all my garden receives the same foliar treatment and my tomatos plants exploded with new branches and leaves and my Squash is not showing signs of PM any more. So this test is showing positives results so far.

DSC040405.JPG

DSC040414.JPG

Im about to do misting to all the garden, just did my routine check up, moved everything replaced and retrained, making sure they stay happy :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

I will do a small pic update, I have been crazy busy with work... I haven't even had the time to sit down and read my subscriptions...

Stay safe Broda and Keep them ladies growing & glowing .

Best vibes from the North East
:hippy::hippy:

Quick update guys

Its been crazy at work and I haven't had the time to post anything. As I mention just before Im foliar feeding using a formula and right after I shake the plants so the excess drops don't leave a stain on the plants, so far so good, Im really happy how the Brainstorm recovered and now is looking ruff tuff :amen: Trainwreck is starting to build up trichomes and fatting the buds, they all are like weeks apart in flowering but I would say Im mid flowering for these Sativas, they still got like weeks to go... :party:
DSC040082.JPG

Brainstorm
DSC040092.JPG
DSC040102.JPG
DSC040112.JPG

Trainwreck
DSC040174.JPG
DSC040188.JPG
DSC040193.JPG
DSC040205.JPG
DSC040232.JPG
DSC040243.JPG
DSC040365.JPG

Claustrum
DSC040256.JPG
DSC040263.JPG
DSC040274.JPG
DSC040284.JPG
DSC040293.JPG
DSC040305.JPG
DSC040385.JPG

this is my little precious Jamaican Sativa, I love the smell and the nice colors she has. I don't wanna say she is my favorite but :circle-of-love:
DSC040123.JPG
DSC040134.JPG
DSC040144.JPG
DSC040155.JPG
DSC040163.JPG
DSC040395.JPG

Group
DSC040334.JPG
DSC040342.JPG

I will keep a close eye on the plants this week since I went for 1/2 teaspoon instead of 1/4 teaspoon of Jacks 1-3-2 so Im hoping They don't burn the leafs.

Positive Vibrations
:tokin:
:peace::peace::peace:

Bro, Great grow. Thats much much colder than my girls ve to live with. Your Sat re very different than ours but they look very good though.

Thxs for the share.

Thanks for the kind words TropicalT, Im making sure they receive a lot of love. The cold weather... it is at 8 celcius right now, poor plants will freeze.

Back
Top Bottom