LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - LST

Re: LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - L

I know they will , but won t I loose weight or potency ? i was thinking of letting the autos flower for 1-2 weeks uder 18/6 and then switch to 12/12
I am also thinking of using colloidal silver on one of the autos to get some free seeds . any danger in messing up all my plants ? i am thinking I should remove the one plant from the system ?

Re: LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - L

Good plan mate and iv never tried breeding but lots of growers on here are breeding amd crossing autos with great success.can i ask what made u pick black diamond perfect sun as that light has not been out very long.and its a very good choice of light mate there badass.im pleased to announce that i have just been sponsored by black diamond perfect sun and am been shipped the new goliath.here is the link.im very excited for sure .this light is a beast;)
Black Diamond LED grow lights Perfect Sun
Happy growing every1;)

@thebeast27 - I have been doing intense research for at least 2 months before I started growing . I also started gathering materials over the course of the 2 months , bought a couple of second hand gear from various sites , and am happy to say that I kept it money wise very cheap ( compared to buying it new ) . Anyway , that s when I first came across this great forum and started looking into grow journals . .prior to that I was set on the MARS even put in an order on amazon or some site for 800 dollars worth of mars lights but canceled upon further research ( not that they are not good , just thought I could do better ), then I looked at the KINDled and almost got that . That s when I sd found LEDRF s posts and youtube videos . He explained it so well and without the big company lies that he instantly convinced me . Got in touch and even got 100 $ member discount, had the light in under a week . happy grower :)
PS : you will love the light , my plants sure do :) it s so nice to look at , well build none of that cheap plastic stuff . The only thing I am not loving is the hanging system but I bought some really strong hangers off ebay , they are really really strong , no problem in holding the light ( not a featherweight light ) and am loving it since . I hope I will not have problems with the fact that it is not an light mover , the tent is 2m tall , so I can raise the light pretty high if needed . hopefully all will be ok
PS : the new light looks even cooler . have to get me some of those in the near future . can t wait to see it in action . the PerfectSun 1000 is a little warm , wonder how that one is

Firstime nice info mate.ledrf is a top bloke mate really knows what he is doing and what he is onabout.top quality.u may need a mover whem ur plants get bigger that light is ment to be intense.the goliath is also a 1000 but dont need a light mover for it. So be good to see how both lights compare;) good times;)

yeah :) he is a top lad :)
Today s group shots , nothing to report , all going well
IMG_93513.JPG
IMG_93492.JPG
IMG_93473.JPG
IMG_93464.JPG

Im not sure what you are going to do about the nutes mate. The autos will have very different needs soon. Theres no way in that tent and set up that you can get numbers and quality from the photos and the autos. You will just have to decide which plants are more importnat to you and cater to those.

It took me a while to get onto LED but now i have im pleased. Problem is the panels i use are crazy expensive, they retail for £2400 each but they are 1100w draw. Best panels ive seen by a long shot but not everyone wants to spend that sort of money. The ones in my current journal.

Also be carful how much you train in that space as its going to get real real crowded in there. I wouldnt veg more than another week in that space unless you are planning on heavy pruning.

Cultivator - Wow that s some light you got there . Will check out your posts with much interest
Here is what I was thinking . what if I when the autos start to preflower I switch to at 14 hours light / 12 hours dark period . how would that affect things ? the normal plants would get 12 hours of darkness so they can flower properly and the autos would still get a decent amount of light . or even 16/12 ? anyone ever tried that ? Seems to make sense but don t know if it does :))

Welcome aboard, and your pants are looking sweeet. As to the differing nutrient needs for the Autos, how hard would it be to split the system and add another nute tank? bucket, pump, some tubing and fittings.... The autopot system looks great...im looking at that and the Blumat kits for future expansion and feeding outdoor beds

Tks mate . Glad to be here . Great community .
Actually I do have another tank as I bought 2 separate 4 pot systems - got them way cheap online so I could add that to the mix but i would have to rethink the whole system as I have 5 autos - 4 planted at the same time - 1 a week apart and 4 normal light period plants so in the current layout 3/3/3 I don t know how I will pull it off .
The autopot system doesn t require pumps or stuff like that , it s all gravity and a aqua valve which releases more water once the plants suck it all out . Simple and works pretty well for now . Will see what happens till the end :)

No that wont work well. Not for either group of plants. Your best bet is 12/12 and the autos will still produce and you will get better photo plants. why cant you stop the flood on the auto plants and just hand feed them their nutrient as its not recirculating. that way you can give plants what they need without affecting each other and you will just have to bite the bullet on the less light for the autos.

Tks for the advice . If I start 12/12 and bite the bullet on the light should I still remove them from the system ? I am thinking of switching when the autos start to flower maybe handfeeding a few days and then same nutes again . I am thinking they should start flowering soon . I would rather they are all on reservoirs in case something happens and I can't water them For a few days . We'll just have to wait and see :)

you nutes are going to be out. you will get something but it wont be great. if you flip to 12/12 your focus should stay on the photo plants. so follow a feed schedule for them. autos are much more nutrient sensitive also so make sure you ec isnt too high. youve def given yourself a difficult task.

Strong auto genetics will handle it.autos are strong under estimated.ur gna gna do just fine ul see;)

I really like the idea behind those autopots. Looks like you have 9 of them in a 1.2 x 2.4 area, correct? Where is the reservoir and how many autopots do you think would fit in a 1 x 1 meter tent? How do determine when to change out the reservoir or are you just keeping it topped off? Sorry for all the questions but after reading about this system it really got me thinking.

Also if you are really worried about different nutrient solutions for autos vs photos, couldn't you just separate the autos onto a different reservoir?

This is Neals light from GPC right?I woud love to this lite in someones grow.How much did you pay for it?

Poslano sa mog SM-A300FU koristeći 420

i have some advice on that if no one minds...

Id only run 4 plants max in a 1x1 area using any pot bigger than 10litre. Check out the easygrow system from alien hydroponics, its a much better version of the autopot system using fabric pots and wider pipe work. keep the res outside of the tent whenever possible. Just fill it when it empties as its not recirculating which makes it alot simpler for less experienced growers but still gives great results. I personally dont like to top res's up unless its just a little plain water, much better to mix fresh nutes at least on a weekly basis.

Hey an tks for tunning in

@Cultivator - I love myself a difficult task , its they way I am built :)

@thebeast that s what I was thinking , they look like strong girls , I am sure they will do just fine . Anyway , I am confident I can turn it around if something goes wrong . hopefully nothing will :)

@HemiSync that-s right ,BUT,I am only using half the tent at the moment so they are in 1,2 x 1,2 ( this will give you an ideea of how many plants you can fit in a 1x1 space ) the reservoir is in the other part of the tent( still got 1.2x1.2 free tent to use) , I think it s difficult to put it outside because the feeding line has to be in a certain position for the water to flow properly , it took me a while to make water come out in all the pots , but once done it works like a charm .
I could put in another reservoir , but I would have to change the whole pipline system and I don t want to do that at the moment . I will see how it goes for now and deal with it then .
This grow is more of a learning experience for me and I don t expect to get the very best out of it, but learn and apply to my next grow .
I have also decided to focus on the autos , as the other ones are not feminized seeds and I could be waiting for nothing . Things might change anyway , we will see .
I never top up the reservoir . Once empty or close to the bottom , I take it out of the system , clean it , then add water almost 50 liters of tap water - i Use 5 litters bottles , run an ozone generator with an air stone for 1 hour , let it sit another hour , then add the nutes and then the PH ballancing solutions . I can also just turn off the water supply as I have fitted an on/off nozzle but I like to clean my reservoir after every use . At the moment , the water sits between 20-24 celsius , i just check the PH everyday and add some PH up or down if needed . Pretty straight forward .
In a 1x1 tent my guess ( Meters not feet ) , but this is my first grow and I think it depends on what you grow and what LST or other training tehniques you use you can safely have 6 plants .

@ljacve55 - yes , that s the very one . I payed 940$ shipping to the EU included - that is less than I was prepared to pay for some MARS , and way less than I was prepared to pay for KIND LEDs most expensive light - so glad I found this forum and Neil ( 100$ 420magazine member discount ) , got it in about 1 week , love it , and so do the plants .

Tks for tuning in and if I can help some more , please ask
the nozzle
IMG_93543.JPG

the rest of the tent - half empty
IMG_93563.JPG

group foto of the girls - things are getting bushy :)
IMG_93573.JPG

And now some fotos

ThE water stop nozzle I fitted , the rest of the tent and a group shot :)

@1StTime thanks for all the info. It does look like an interesting system and something I could leave running when I am off on holiday. I don't think I would ever go for more than four girls in my small tent. Here is a picture from my first grow of four photo clones grown in a DWC before I knew anything about training. :laughtwo: As you can see it gets a little crowded in a 1x1 tent if you let it. Unfortunately I don't have a picture when they were finished as there was no room left anywhere and I had those ladies twisted all around my LEDs.
image9000.jpeg

@Cultivator
Thanks for the info on the easygrow system by Alien. They look like a improvement over the autopots but also twice as much and I can't seem to find a distributor in my country.

Cool grow so far. But once the plants grow taller, so that they get within 2 feet of the light, you will get light stress.

That's why the Perfect Sun 1000 needs a mover.

Back
Top Bottom