LED lenses/no lenses

Advantages and downsides of each. Lenses do introduce losses but the gain is the "focused light". No lenses are just the opposite. I think it would really depend on the grow room. If you have a really good reflective room and plenty of light per square foot there is no reason to have the added loss of lenses. If you have a half full tent you may find it beneficial to focus more in 1 area.

Advantages and downsides of each. Lenses do introduce losses but the gain is the "focused light". No lenses are just the opposite. I think it would really depend on the grow room. If you have a really good reflective room and plenty of light per square foot there is no reason to have the added loss of lenses. If you have a half full tent you may find it beneficial to focus more in 1 area.

It’ll be for a 4x4 tent. Im gonna build a lite system using (4) 288/301 3-3500K powered by (2) MW drivers, probably (4) 18L fabric pots, it’ll be my first ever grow, just trying to compile a list of parts and a slow purchase schedule.

It’ll be for a 4x4 tent. Im gonna build a lite system using (4) 288/301 3-3500K powered by (2) MW drivers, probably (4) 18L fabric pots, it’ll be my first ever grow, just trying to compile a list of parts and a slow purchase schedule.
With those lights in a 4x4 you will have no issues

All i needed to know, now back to my list, thank you !!
No problem. Not sure which driver your looking at but I think you will want to have at least the capability to run them up at 2400ma at least. That way you will be okay for enough light. So they will need heatsinks I believe. If you wanted to run softer wattage per board then u may have to go 5

The lens question, old led tech all have lens, because it can make the light more intense, and looks like the output is more. But every stuff that cover the chips will actually reduce the light output. So the fact is , the data under the lens will be higher, while the overall light output is less and the other point's data is very low.
However, if you are looking at a strong lights , and not care about the coverage of the light, you can also choose the one with lens, it will give you better penetration.
Mars Hydro changes all the lights to no-lens design because of this as well, also the lens supplier's quality is not stable nowadays, will have some issue after some times useage. Just some opinion from the led grow light company which is in this industry for over 10 years. hope this is helpful.

Lenses are also handy for keeping your LEDs clean, especially if you're using humidifiers without filtered (RO or otherwise) water. Just my $.02.

:goodluck:

Lenses arent needed with what you want to do plus being in a tent and the plants being close together optics are not needed and would be a waste of money....
I'm running x4 qb132 v1 3500k @ 60w ea for side lighting and x4 288 v2 4000k @ 120w ea and I'm in a 4.6x4.6 for my veg I'm in uc rdwc tho..and I love that setup and wouldnt want it any other way esp after my upgraded rdwc thats almost done....

Attachments

• 20190110_155554.jpg
    20190110_155554.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 137
If you don't keep lights right on top then go lens. You loose total light but you'll get more on the plant. Light reflectance off all isn't very efficient. If you'd down to track your plant like every day then go no lens.

I have diffusers on my cobs. Even with diffusers the light is too intense and has to be turned down most of the grow. I wouldn't want anything that focuses the light anymore than it already is.

Back
Top Bottom