Budmaster LED Panel

Thank You,
I am still new to the forum just kind of jumped in the thread. Will take a good look around now.

I have been budding with LED for years... check my journal in the link below. You want to check out the journals for folks growing with LED. Jon705's journal is worth a close look if you are growing in volume.

I will check it out and follow this closely. I am in the process of decriminalizing medicinal cannabis and setting standards and regulations regarding thees matters in Sweden. Details over cost i energy savings and connoisseur quality end products is the approach I am taking.

Sidenote:
How does the PM system work in this forum? 50 posts or blog posts?:nomo: I will check the FAQ section regardless.
Thank You Buckshot, Jon705's journal is up next.

I will check it out and follow this closely. I am in the process of decriminalizing medicinal cannabis and setting standards and regulations regarding thees matters in Sweden. Details over cost i energy savings and connoisseur quality end products is the approach I am taking.

Sidenote:
How does the PM system work in this forum? 50 posts or blog posts?:nomo: I will check the FAQ section regardless.
Thank You Buckshot, Jon705's journal is up next.

yes you have to put in time and posts to pm.

Wow... I cut the blue dream, well most of it. I left the bottom that I had pollinated. I can't tell yet but I think this plant exceeded my estimates. I will wait impatiently and post results.

Just for the record... the reason I have not posted results before are first because I did not own a scale :cheesygrinsmiley:

second because there are so many variables that you should take the results at face value and too many will try to compare.

I think I might try for the elusive 1 gram per watt goal. This will take time. I need to make grow room changes.

buckmeister!! i feel 1gpw is very possible in my first attempt i hit about.65 gpw on a mini sog run with many factors that diminished volume (1 gal pots,2 week veg,over 85f avg temps ,hi-brix in to small a container no topping or training etc) however i feel that without any doubt the quality far exceeded hps as im sure you have seen me report this before i feel that 1 gram of the led bud has as much potency as 3 grams of hps bud so like your saying there are some variables hard to factor in but in my opinion and my gf spiffy, my mother my friend with cancer and all 3 of my brothers stated that the very same cut of blue dream was significantly more potent i told them nothing about the light or anything else and across the board all made a point to say things to me like doode what did you do this stuff is way hardcore ! so does this mean the value of the bud is greater? i would think yes, since you need to consume 1/3rd as much to get the same effect to me thats more medicine per gram of weight a no brainer, but i will soon determine if the same light with different growing conditions will yield the benchmark of 1gpw, i think its gonna happen,:high-five::thumb:

OK without trying for quantity this blue dream scored 150g of dry nice nuggets and approx 40g (wet) nice popcorn and sweet leaf that translated into 3gs of bubble

the light draws 266 watts

I assume the 1 gram per watt is 1 gram of dry bud so I have a ways to go but I have a lot of room getting there

DSC_4781_bd.jpg

hold the phone!!! I seeded some lower buds and forgot I left the bottom of the plant to go to seed ... there is at least another zip!!!

what is still left... I have to let it go another week and a half at least to assure mature seeds. I am not sure she will make it. But you can see there are some smokeable nugs left

DSC_4825_bd.jpg

DSC_4835_bd.jpg

Well it made it. Last night I harvested the last of this plant. I got a couple viable seeds and an amazing 118 grams wet of really frosty popcorn... I say popcorn but there are some very nice nuggets too. All this will be made into bubble so I won't know dry weight but if I had to guess I would say 14 grams of nice bud and another 14 popcorn

Have to ask about the power cord... You mentioned it was short, what is the actual length? My info says they ship with 72inch long (1.8meter) cable, which is longer than others I have seen. Did they change the cord I wonder and now are shipping with longer ones.

Also, how do you find the modular feature? Have you considered ordering custom spectra on a module basis and swapping them in/out to tailor spectra to specific strains? Well, thats been rattling around in my head, I cant be the only one to think about it.

Have to ask about the power cord... You mentioned it was short, what is the actual length? My info says they ship with 72inch long (1.8meter) cable, which is longer than others I have seen. Did they change the cord I wonder and now are shipping with longer ones.

Also, how do you find the modular feature? Have you considered ordering custom spectra on a module basis and swapping them in/out to tailor spectra to specific strains? Well, thats been rattling around in my head, I cant be the only one to think about it.

I don't think the Budmaster is still out there but please contact them cause I am always wrong. I will never buy a light for a strain, the goal for me is to get a light that works well with many strains.

Happy Thanksgiving Buckshot.

Hey folks,

As you know I have been trying for 1g per watt with LED. I still have not "tried" meaning devoted all my attention on stucture, strain and getting a "perfect" grow going. This grow was pretty close. I am going to have to estimate weight. This is because I will not let all of it get "dry". My estimate is 224g I am going low ( I will have another estimate more accurate from dry weight of the "bud") The panel is drawing approx 300 watts. At this point I am convinced it is doable, I just gotta DO it! :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_5282_smile.jpg

DSC_5274_bd.jpg

HI Buckshot!
Wow another free led panel to test, lucky you and lucky us, Cannot tell you how much I appreciate all the testing and information you and other members on this forum is providing, Helps a lot in making the next buy,
Recently got the mars 2 x400w but havent started using them yet, only runt them for a test run and they are bright and loud,
What I can see from the pics in budmaster web page is that they are using the same fan for ventilation as mars 2,
Are the budmaster and mars2 about the same level of noise?

Thanks in advance
Peace

Are the budmaster and mars2 about the same level of noise?

That would be a question for BID, BigIrishDoode, he has both :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those are some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet lookin buds there WOW

Honestly I pursued LED for flowering due to savings and heat benefits. I didn't expect much in the way of yield but have been pleasantly surprised. Nowhere near yours, but impressive in the wake of naysayers of LED technology. I badly want a second light but am only halfway to saving up. One day they won't be so darned expensive.

Will be keeping an eye on your gr/watt pursuit. Very impressive.

so buck you hit 1gpw yet? i cant say i have yet cuz i never think to do the math but if i have it was the budmasterII that did it, best light ive ever used , and going to be even better soon, im thinking bmII will be one of the very top lights i not THE light to get in 2014, im gonna do a huge all led with about 8 led lights mixed brands and spectrums w/side leds and various degrees o tech later this year im guessing about 2200 actual watts led , think that will work?

so buck you hit 1gpw yet? i cant say i have yet cuz i never think to do the math but if i have it was the budmasterII that did it, best light ive ever used , and going to be even better soon, im thinking bmII will be one of the very top lights i not THE light to get in 2014, im gonna do a huge all led with about 8 led lights mixed brands and spectrums w/side leds and various degrees o tech later this year im guessing about 2200 actual watts led , think that will work?

I got very close but have not got there yet. The Budmaster II is fully capable of doing it, it was me that was/is the problem. LED light is very directional, you don't get as much overlapping light to help the panels that are not as powerful, 2200 watts of LED is going to produce but will you get 4-5 lbs? that depends mostly on you :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom