LED Pineapple Express Redux

yea, after opening up the dead one, i noticed how incredibly moist it was on the inside compared to the outside of the rockwool. definitely opened up my eyes.. i was watering based on the outside feel, and it was once a day, more when i had fans going on it. its so much different than soil! i feel like i'm learning though, and i'm not gonna stop til my first successful harvest. and then i'm not really gonna stop either =]

That's all you can do, learn and improve! We all have bumps in the road, I still kill stuff from time to time.

ok so, seeing as how i obviously have a very difficult time judging the moisture levels of the rockwool (ive either dried out or drowned every seedling so far..), i've decided to play it safe with the remaining plants. i don't really want to order another batch of seeds just because i ruined all these =] so, i'm going soil for these.. staying in the tent/led setup though.

i did some rockwool surgery and very carefully removed the sprouted white siberian seedling. it is just starting to poke out its first actual leaves. the root looked healthy, and i nestled it in the soil. today, it looks almost appreciative, and is definitely getting poised to grow strong.

the ??? bag seed had JUST sprouted, the seed leaves were about to break out. FAT root sticking out of this seed.. it was almost comical. carefully transplanted that to the soil as well, under about 1/4" to 1/2" of soil (about the same depth as the white siberian).

i also planted my last pineapple express seed, so itll be a pretty diverse harvest! lol... i'm just going to keep a very sharp eye on that ??? seed, to make sure its not a male. the others are feminized.

pics when i get around to it =]

update time.

i think it was not the right time to transplant that white siberian.. i'm guessing the roots were just too delicate, but starting to really take hold in the rockwool, and i damaged it too much transplanting it. one more lesson learned.

i'm honestly not sure what happened to the pineapple express. it was a freshly sprouted seed when i planted it. but now there are no signs that it even existed.. couldnt find it in the soil anywhere. i looked when it had been a week with no sprout coming up.

i'm almost positive that the ?? bag seed is from a purple kush bag that was really great. i have a vague memory of being happy i found a seed, and i really hope that i'm right. i'd really enjoy that =] its looking very healthy, and growing strong.
IMAG007612.jpg

i didn't want just one plant in this grow, so i also sprouted the dinafem super silver seed i had. its trying hard to catch up to the ??? but its about a week behind.
IMAG007713.jpg

i was really looking forward to my first hydro grow, but seeing as how i don't really want to order seeds again any time soon, i figured i'd stick with whats easier for me. i want to keep these plants as mothers possibly, and go hydro with the clones. we'll see what the future has in store. hopefully the ?? is female!

I'm new, following your grow, I'm just about 2 or 3 weeks behind you with my grow. I am doing fully hydro for the first time so we will see how it goes. I feel you about the try and learn, I ruined a few white widow seeds after drowning them. I'm subscribing to urs. Hope your grow goes well!

nice =] these are actually only 3 weeks old. well.. the super silver is more like 2 weeks. the purple kush is really taking off! it's spreading out nicely, and not stretching. i'm quite excited to watch its growth! will be ordering cloning supplies sometime in the next couple weeks. when these get big enough, i'm going to take clones off them and grow them in the hydro system. they'll also have their own tent and lights. i'm going to keep these 2 in soil as mother plants.

new pics as promised:

IMAG01129.jpg

loving this one =] in the past 24 hours, its gone from having that just fresh new plant smell to gaining a little pungency... fun.

IMAG01207.jpg

the super silver. in this one you can see a problem that i'm having on both plants. the tips of a couple of the leaves look like theyre drying out. it's not happening on all leaves, but it appears to just be the oldest ones. any ideas?

the larger plant has the same issues. it was also started about a week before the other one, plus the smaller one is a slower growing strain by a couple weeks. the smaller seed was never transplanted, it was sprouted and then planted straight in the dirt.

i am very pleased with how robust the big one is, considering it was transplanted as a sprouted seed.

anyway, the leaf-tip burn is happening on both plants, and its only on the oldest leaves really. i'm keeping a sharp eye on them to see if it happens to any new growth, but i think it may have been fixed..

Time for more pictures.

Today I fimmed the purple kush plant, its at 5 pretty densely packed nodes. This thing is gonna be bushy as hell i think!
IMAG013013.jpg

before fim:
IMAG013110.jpg

after fim:
IMAG013410.jpg

I may have cut it a little too low.. It was my first time =]

The super silver is getting pretty tall, wish it would bush out some more - it's the same height as the kush, which is about 3x bigger overall. It IS looking better though.
IMAG01338.jpg

my second light came yesterday, and I was so excited to hook it up and double the light output for my plants... plugged it in, and only half the LEDs lit up. I've contacted the vendor, and got a return label so I can ship it back tomorrow. =[

picture time again. didn't really get any of the super silver. today it's all about the purple kush =]

IMAG01479.jpg

the fim aftermath:
IMAG01528.jpg

from above (you can see the super silver):
IMAG01539.jpg

its got some big ass fan leaves for such a squat plant. i'm loving the way its developing. super dense, and spreading out wide. i'm excited to see how that fimmed area grows out over the next few days

just a question when you fim a plant arent u suppose to spread the new leaves coming out and just cut like 80% of the center, just curious only know from what i read havent tried to do it yet......

Back
Top Bottom