LED Pineapple Express Redux

i used a pair of very sharp and clean scissors, grasped all the new growth, and cut at what seemed to be 80% or so. I think it ended up being a little more, but it seems to be having the desired results =]

i would put one plant in another pot they are going to start fighting for soil and ur going to loss lots of roots !!!!! ! and the lest stronger plant is going to start to die~!~~

yea that was my plan.. i was hoping to do it the other day when my 2nd light came in.. but it was defective so i'm waiting for a new one. i have a feeling im going to have to split them up before the new one comes though.

IMAG01558.jpg

I moved the super silver to its own pot, and shifted the kush to the middle of the other pot. Hopefully didn't shock them too much, or damage too much of the root structure. They were definitely already entangled. I was careful though. I'll probably take more pics today to see how theyre doing. Still in the dark cycle for the next 30 min.

just a question when you fim a plant arent u suppose to spread the new leaves coming out and just cut like 80% of the center, just curious only know from what i read havent tried to do it yet......

i was just reviewing this thread, and realized what you meant. yea i think you might be right about not clipping the leaves. /shrug. must do more research i guess before my next fim cut

hey mark i tho it was better not to cut any leafs off during flowering im sure it would slow down the budding and resort to reparting leafs and also producing more leafs that only my two cents keep up the great work!

hey mark i tho it was better not to cut any leafs off during flowering im sure it would slow down the budding and resort to reparting leafs and also producing more leafs that only my two cents keep up the great work!

either way, these girls are in veg right now =]

getting big too! will upload pics from yesterday when i get home from work today.

made some more cuts today. did a regular topping on the super silver.. trying to get it to bush out more, its pretty tall in proportion. made 3 cuts on the kush. one at the top (regular top) and 2 fim cuts on side branches.. its first cuts not on the main stalk.

IMAG017110.jpg

one of the side cuts

found three viable bag seeds in some not memorable bud. gonna use the otherwise worthless seeds to practice starting plants in rockwool for use in my currently unused hydro system. i wanna get the hang of it so i can put some clones in it =] anyway... pics.

IMAG017412.jpg

i'm noticing a possible issue on the kush.. took some pics.
IMAG01759.jpg

IMAG017612.jpg

IMAG01778.jpg

those pictures are of the only leaves that are showing the problem. gonna check out the problem solving guide, but anyone have ideas?

started some lst today. I think its going to be my method of choice for training/bushing out the plants due to my limited space. i'll get some better pics either later tonight or tomorrow depending on how fast they react =]

IMAG01787.jpg

IMAG01794.jpg

oh i forgot to mention that the replacement for the faulty 2nd ufo light i bought arrived, and its in there now =]

did you buy direct from sunshine systems? i think thats who sells it right?
and how are those ufo's?
how long have you been using them?
and did you flower any plants with them yet?
if you did how did they come out?
just wondering cause im debating wether to try some led's
id go with hps but i'd rather use less wattage and have less heat issues..
gonna finish my current under the tubes im using and see how it go's before i commit to anything else cause the tubes i bought was damn expensive lol.........

No, I didnt get it direct from them. I think it was from The Hydro Source on ebay. Same light though. I really like them. One per plant seems to be ok for now. I've never flowered with them, this is my first grow that I didn't kill by overwatering seedlings lol. Look at the pics though, they're doing just fine. The super silver is a little slow, but I was kinda biased toward the kush, so it was getting a little more attention from the light when I had only one.

Stay tuned though, depending on how the super silver catches up, I'll probably start flowering in a month or so.

No, I didnt get it direct from them. I think it was from The Hydro Source on ebay. Same light though. I really like them. One per plant seems to be ok for now. I've never flowered with them, this is my first grow that I didn't kill by overwatering seedlings lol. Look at the pics though, they're doing just fine. The super silver is a little slow, but I was kinda biased toward the kush, so it was getting a little more attention from the light when I had only one.

Stay tuned though, depending on how the super silver catches up, I'll probably start flowering in a month or so.

cool ill be watchin.................:thumb:

did some mods today. screwed 6 screws on each pot, around the top edge. i'm tying my lst strings to those now, and it seems like itll work really well. I also drilled some air holes in the lower half of the pots.

i also did some more lst adjustments. pulled the line from yesterday a little tighter, and added a counter-tie to the stalk to make sure i don't just bend the plants over. i have a feeling the plants are really gonna like this lst stuff, i'll take some pictures later tonight after they respond to today's training.

driftme great grow i'm subd.

When you get to using your rock wool try soak it for at least 24 hours in a extra low ph'd water like 5.4-5.5. I used to have trouble with rockwool, and when I didn't soak them long enough and tested the run-off from a block it was super high PH that would easily cause lock-out.

I use jiffy pellets now they have enough nutes till you transplant just give clean ph'd water till root shows and it's broke ground then i throw in hydro system.

I found rockwool is a PITA if you live in a hard water area and dont use RO water. you have ph that jumps all day long and it's better to keep a low water level and change it a lot to stop build-ups.

I now use hydroton/perlite/coco for hydroponics, I would highly recommend hydroton it's ph neutral, reusable and clean. I use coco alot for plants from seed but it's hard to reuse and builds up salt easy.

and lastly unless you have them spots on a lot of leafs I wouldn't worry about it, they look very green and healthy plants to me.

Back
Top Bottom