Let's Grow A Pound

Southern, those are wild looking plants. The pictures show symmetry and uniformity, so either it's good genes or you're great with the digital zoom ;)

Do you follow the rule: If you think it's time to harvest, wait another week?

I know you like a more immature resin gland for the high, but you honestly feel the Barney's will be right where you want them in a week and a half ? I bet those monsters could double again...Jesus Christ, what am I saying?...k, too much coffee for Andy...I'll never second guess ya again, you know what you're doing. Look at those things!

Quick question about guano tea, do you pH-adjust your teas? I've bubbled mine for about a day and the pH is around 7.5. This seems high, although I've read that you can disregard pH with guanos, kelp, castings etc. since the micro-life takes care of the availability. Please advise.

As far as harvest of the plants go, they've slowed their swell quite a bit over the last 3 or 4 days, and the trichs are about where I like them, and that's how I tend to harvest, by trich color. Barney's #2 may get a couple extra days. She's drooping under a complete covering of trichs and nugs, but there's still a lot of clear resin heads in her so we may see her go on for a little longer.

As far as the teas go, according to Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial, P is best absorbed in soil in a ph range of 6.0-7.5. I achieved my best results by adjusting my tea soulution to 6.3 and holding a soil ph of 6.5 with the RR...which I'm sure is what you want to know.

Am I getting that predictable? Damn.

So you actually use a little pH UP/DOWN to get your TEA pH right?

How exactly do you test your soil pH and adjust it so precisely? Run-off? Soil probe? Anything else? I always feel like I'm missing something when it comes to your methods...you've got some kinda special green thumb (I do not. Only a strong desire to learn and recall information)...

Yes, I usually had to use a small amount of PH down.

I test the soil in multiple ways. I always check the first bit of runoff out the planters. I have a soil probe, but have found it to be much more useful for moisture level readings than anything approaching an accurate Ph reading. Keeping soil Ph dialed in is different from plant to plant...but as a rule, when I have a reliable Ph reading of 6.4, I'll add some lime and work it into my soil. The Ph may drop a little more while the lime goes to work...but not enough to worry about. Toward the end of flower...like the last two weeks...I quit worrying about soil Ph. I'll let it drop as far as it wants to, it won't get below 6.0, so there is no need to worry out locking out P...and really at this point, that's all I care about.

As far as a special green thumb...I wouldn't say that. I just pay alot of attention to the plant. It will tell you what it wants.

Sorry the WW took a dive. But hey, it could have happened three weeks ago!
You are so on top of things in your grow. Looking awesome!

Thanks Brother. Glad to have the end in site. Two more weeks and the Blueberry and Violator Kush will be done downstairs, and I'll have a substantial personal supply as well as plenty of holiday gifts for my closest friends.

It's a better day today all. No broken plants and week early harvests. Just a Barney's #1 that's an animal. There is a little issue cropping up, but there is nothing to be done about it at this stage...she's getting root bound. But with only 10 days or so until harvest, there's just no sense in messing with it. I'd be pleased beyond belief if the yield on this plant didn't go up another gram...she's loaded up with frosty nugs now and even with the roots starting to bind up, she's still putting on weight, so I'm just going to pretend that there is no issue.

I'm targeting October 10 as a harvest date for the two Barney's. That'll be 60 days flower on a 55-65 day projected flower cycle. I am not going to project a yield at this point, but I will say that both Barney's are going to shatter the WW yield...and WW didn't yield poorly by any stretch of the imagination.

Pics...

100_14401.jpg

100_1441.jpg

100_14421.jpg

100_1443.jpg

100_14441.jpg

100_14451.jpg

100_1446.jpg

100_1447.jpg

100_14481.jpg

100_14491.jpg

That's the show for today...hope ya'll enjoyed it and have a great day.

mmmmmmmmmmm yum yum yum yummy

Good morning all. Well we've reached the end of the flowering pics. The next set of photos I post will be harvest pictures. No, I haven't moved the harvest date up. A good friend of mine called last night to tell me that they are having to hide in the bottom of the boat to bait hooks the fishing is so good, so as soon as the sun gets up good, I'm off to the beach to catch a boatload of tuna. I have a friend to come and flush my plants for me, and the stuff downstairs will be fine for a few days...huge res you see, I learned my lesson about having someone besides me tend my hydro stuff.

This has been a great grow. The quality of the buds is beyond question, and the yield is quite acceptable. I pulled close to three ounces off the White Widow...it's still drying, but I've done this enough to have a pretty good feel for where it'll weigh in...and there is alot more on the L*Ds. No estimate on yield weight yet, but it will be substantially more that the WW.

I hope that y'all have enjoyed this grow...it started off kind of rough, with a crashed hydro grow, but it came around nicely with the soil grow. I've really enjoyed running this journal, rough start or not. I've educated myself on the entire organic gardening technique and find it suits me well...go figure.

I'll be back home towards the end of next week...Thursday or Friday most likely and will hit the plants with 48 hours dark and then harvest. Probably have some good pics up next weekend or there abouts.

Pics of Barney's#2...

100_14511.jpg

100_14521.jpg

100_14531.jpg

100_14552.jpg

100_14572.jpg

100_1458.jpg

100_14591.jpg

100_14601.jpg

100_14611.jpg

100_14631.jpg

Well, that will conclude the flowering pics for this grow. Next shots will be of these two girls trimmed and hung for drying.

I hope y'all have enjoyed watching, and hopefully someone learned something that will help them out in future grows. I'll take my laptop with me when I leave later and will keep an eye on what's going on...and perhaps brag a bit about all the fresh sushi we're dining on.

Hope y'all have a great day...I sure will.

Think you'll hit your goal?

Cheers

No. Losing that WW early in the grow doomed that. But I'm going to get alot closer than I thought. These two Barney's are animals. I ended up with about 33.9 grams on the RR. I'm going to get very close to 3 ounces off WW. The wildcard in it all is the L*Ds, if I chopped them right now I'd get close to 4 ounce per...Damn...Donny just about drove is in a ditch, scared the shit out of me...anyhow, not sure how much more swell they have in them, they have slowed a great deal but by no means stopped. I think I'll come in total for these plants in the ball park of 13.5-14 ounces.

Looking forward a week, can't wait. Have a great trip SW. Is it too late to bag a Marlin?

Well yesterday was good. Caught 6 yellowfin tuna averaging 48 lbs each...largest was 57. Today, a front is passing through and we've decided that the thing to do is to set here at Jut's house and smoke pot until we fall off the chairs. As far as Marlin go, you can catch them year-round here, but the peak season is late spring/early summer as the fish start to spread North with the warming water. I have never went fishing specifically for marlin, but I have caught a black marlin while tuna fishing.

i need to get my hands on some of those buds

Well, in about three weeks I'll burn one.

Nice journal. Looks to be a good learning experience too boot nice nugs.

Yes, I definately learned a few things and have a nice harvest coming to boot.

I can't say enough about how much SW has helped me over the past few weeks. Thank you for being diligent in your posting and always answering questions!

It's my pleasure, Brother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the weather has gone uncooporative. Front stalled on us and rain is in the forecast for later today and tomorrow. We tried to get out this morning but it is pretty rough out there. May be heading back to the house here in a few hours. I have a cooler full of yellowfin loins...ought to last a good while, and if I can't fish, and since I don't drink, I may as well head home.

If I bug out, I'll post up some pics when I get home.

Y'all have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom