Light of Jah - Early Wonder Skunk - Soil - OC+ From Seed

Re: Light of Jah, Early Wonder Skunk, Soil, OC+, From Seed

It's not actually "STEAM" that your humidifiers release...it's moisture in the form of COOL vapor. What it does is it breaks up the water into tiny particles so that they mix with the air but there is no heat involved.

The second part of your comment I do understand...that if the moisture in the air remains the same, RH will drop with a rise in temp. What I was talking about is the idea that I've noticed a phenomenon in my grow area that when the I lower RH drastically in my room, my temp rises to levels I haven't seen all grow. Then when I increase RH, the temp drops a few degrees.

I should have known that wasn't steam lol. I did follow your other point, but it was probably lost in my stoned ramblings. It makes sense that more moisture would cool the air a bit, especially if it's constantly replenished.

Hi Blue!

The humidifers I have are called "invisible mist", cool water is absorbed by the filter then air is pulled through the filter by the fan and blows cool damp air into the room.

"Swamp cooler" is just a nickname for an evap cooler. Wiki is here> Evaporative cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I've only seen them in very dry climate areas.

Hey dime thanks! I'm sure I have the same type, I'm just prone to brain cramps lol!

That's funny you've only seen those in dry places, I visualized them being down in the bayou and Everglades with a name like swamp cooler :)

The black/grey appliance is a heater. Not using it right now but I did in the past when it was really cold and the white appliance is a dehumidifier.

I see I'm getting in on this a little late, but thought I'd echo some of what's already been said, if nothing more than to solidify the consensus...I always noticed that as the temps in my small grow space rose, the RH always dropped; Withe the exception of a few times when the RH outside was considerably higher due to snow or rain...My grow is so small that any minor changes in either temps or RH, were easily noticed as the environment is so small. I DID see that as I added CFLs to the box, there was a rise in heat, and inturn a slight drop in RH. It was a pretty consistent pheonomena, but I never considered that the tems were relative to RH as apposed to the otheer way around....

I see I'm getting in on this a little late, but thought I'd echo some of what's already been said, if nothing more than to solidify the consensus...I always noticed that as the temps in my small grow space rose, the RH always dropped; Withe the exception of a few times when the RH outside was considerably higher due to snow or rain...My grow is so small that any minor changes in either temps or RH, were easily noticed as the environment is so small. I DID see that as I added CFLs to the box, there was a rise in heat, and inturn a slight drop in RH. It was a pretty consistent pheonomena, but I never considered that the tems were relative to RH as apposed to the otheer way around....

me too..

:Namaste:

Welcome to the mechanical world I live in and design for... Yes humidity and temperature have a direct correlation in a small area, remember lower humidity for flowering is ok. The girls dig the RH during veg, and lower while flowering.... I can derive the equations if you want, but RH is the amount of "moisture" that may be held at that certain temperature. Easy way of remembering is Relative humidity rises as air cools. Lower humidity will reduce mold and the funk as well during flower.

:peacetwo:

Relative humidity rises as air cools.

Thanks for your input. I think we all understand that if the amount of moisture in a certain space stays the same and the temperature falls, RH will rise. However, what I was talking about is the idea that as you remove moisture from the space, temperatures rise. It seems to me that the moisture in the air somehow "cools" the air. I don't know how and why but it's something that I've noticed.

As I've said in my earlier posts, the ambient temp in my basement has stayed relatively stable. Throughout the whole grow, my temps never rose above 80F while RH was between 50-75%. Now as I started removing moisture from the air, and in the process lowering RH to around 30%, temps have risen to around 83-85F. It's very strange.

Well again it may not seem like it in small space, but as the temp decreases, the moisture in the air is condensed. So when we look at it, there can be the same RH in the room with two separate temperatures. The warmer temperature has faster moving molecules that can retain moisture better. While the colder temp may have the same RH, but not retain as much moisture. You probably feel the effect of the condensed moisture in the cooler temps. The molecules cannot hold as much moisture, and the moisture is turned from a "vapor phase" into a liquid phase. The cooling of the moisture and against your thermometer or hand will feel cool, due to the moisture being condensed from the slower moving molecules than cooled down by air passing over it. Am I heading in the right direction here?

The cooling of the moisture and against your thermometer or hand will feel cool, due to the moisture being condensed from the slower moving molecules than cooled down by air passing over it. Am I heading in the right direction here?

This is the first time ever that I noticed this phenomenon. Relative Humidity aside, it seems to me that the more absolute humidity in the air, the cooler the air.

It seems to me that the humidity in the air has a "cooling" effect on the air.

RE: Light of Jah, Early Wonder Skunk, Soil, OC+, From Seed

Well again it may not seem like it in small space, but as the temp decreases, the moisture in the air is condensed. So when we look at it, there can be the same RH in the room with two separate temperatures. The warmer temperature has faster moving molecules that can retain moisture better. While the colder temp may have the same RH, but not retain as much moisture. You probably feel the effect of the condensed moisture in the cooler temps. The molecules cannot hold as much moisture, and the moisture is turned from a "vapor phase" into a liquid phase. The cooling of the moisture and against your thermometer or hand will feel cool, due to the moisture being condensed from the slower moving molecules than cooled down by air passing over it. Am I heading in the right direction here?

"Uhh... Could you repeat the part where you said the thing about... the stuff?" Homer J. Simpson

I hope you don't mind me consulting you when I have RH questions, w1sest - I think you've got much greater understanding of it than my overmedicated mind is capable of! Nice detail! :high-five:

Hey Hemp - just trying to get caught up, and your plants look amazing as they always do. Frosty goodness everywhere. :yummy:

Good luck with things on the home-front, it sounds like you've been dealing with some challenges lately, and I feel for you in this regard (we've all been there at one point or another and it is the friggin' worst). I'm glad that 420mag is a good release for you - it is for me, too. Nice having that extended family - even if it is a top secret sort of virtual family. You seem like a good guy, Hemp, and I see how willing and eager you are to help others. Good luck with things, and I will try sending you some positive vibes through the universe. You deserve 'em, bro.

So, a little hiccup today. I opened the tent to check on the girls and noticed some browning and drying of the leaf margins. It's my humidity. I was running the dehumidifier non-stop and the humidity has been around 30% so I think I overdid it. I have one of those dehumidifiers that you can set for a certain % of RH and I set it to 50% right now. I don't think I want to go lower than that. I'll have pictures of the leaves soon.

I also have a question for you good folks. Has anyone ever noticed that when you lower your RH, your temps go up? I mean, I've noticed it the last few days that (everything else being equal) when my RH rises, the temps in my tent are lower. As RH drops, the temp goes higher. I don't know if it's just me but I'll be watching this for sure.

I've noticed this phenomenon since I put the dehumidifier in the tent. All grow the temp did not go over 80F but after I put the dehumidifier in and lowered RH to about 30%, the lights-on temps have been rising to 83-85F. Maybe it's just me.

hey bro, i get what u are saying, when i dont have a humidifier in my tent the temp get pretty high 80-85. when i put my humifier in and have it runnin for a while my temp drop 75-78. i9m not sure either i would have thought putting humidity in would raise the temp alil, not drop it. doesnt make much sense to me.

"Uhh... Could you repeat the part where you said the thing about... the stuff?" Homer J. Simpson

I hope you don't mind me consulting you when I have RH questions, w1sest - I think you've got much greater understanding of it than my overmedicated mind is capable of! Nice detail! :high-five:

No problem man just trying ot drop knowledge where I can.

:popcorn:

i dont have them problems with RH and the tempature, most of the time my temps will be at 70-75 and the RH will be all over the place 30-55 all the time and the temps never go up or down that much...maybe cause my cab is so small, but i also have 8 cfls in it aswell and no type of exhaust besides a little ass xbox360 fan and a 4 little fan in the bottom of the cab blowin air up at the lights...maybe its just where people live is the reason why the temps at crazy, different atmospheres... who know what it could be, it could be anything...and im not no scientist so i definitely cant say...

High Everyone. It's day 61 of 12/12. My girls are coming along nicely aside from the mistake I made with the dehumidifier.

This is what happens when your RH is tooooooo low and your girls basically dry out. I let the dehumidifier run non-stop (and I live in a dry climate):

IMG_063512.JPG

IMG_06367.JPG

I don't think it will have a huge impact on the overall harvest but who really knows. I have the dehumidifier set at 50% now so that should help.

I will also be harvesting the EWS plants in the next few days since I am.....ALMOST out of meds and don't want to buy any.

man that sure looks like a mistake?I hope thats the worst one I make. looks kick ass to me! but what do I know. hope you can let it cure and show up in 1rst place in one of the bud of the month contests! thanks sofar for the great read.:popcorn:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! :yikes:

:sorry: To see that!

Hopefully, this late into flower, it will help boost resin production and you'll wind up with even better meds! :goodluck:

man that sure looks like a mistake?I hope thats the worst one I make. looks kick ass to me! but what do I know. hope you can let it cure and show up in 1rst place in one of the bud of the month contests! thanks sofar for the great read.:popcorn:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! :yikes:

:sorry: To see that!

Hopefully, this late into flower, it will help boost resin production and you'll wind up with even better meds! :goodluck:

I'm not too worried about it. It's pretty much only 2 plants out of the 7 and it doesn't seem to have affected the buds at all.

Back
Top Bottom