Light stress or what?

iamhim

Helllooo. I am becoming a tad concerned regarding the difference in development in one of my plants.
They are the same strain, Babysitter S1
If anybody could assist in identifying what if anything is wrong and what I could do to resolve the issue, I’d be intensely grateful!!

This is the problem plant

This is its sister managing beautifully!

Thank you in advance!!

Here are some close ups of the buds

2 pics of the Problem plant flowers:

What it’s sisters flowers look like:

My observation is that the problem plant is not tolerating the intensity of the light as well as its sister. I just want to be sure that this is certainly the issue before I lower the power on the side of panel covering her. Last thing I want is to negatively impact my harvest weight unnecessarily.

Id try the lights first. Looks like it could be the problem. Unfortunately you wont be able to tell, cause the damage to the leaf is done. But it wont get worse. A little less light wont effect your harvest all that much. They look good to me though. Gotta push em sometimes! Lol

hey @iamhim, your plants are lookin' good! I'm not an indoor grower, but I think you're on the right track with the idea that the problematic plant is experiencing light avoidance, as seen from the cupping/canoeing of the leaves at the top. That may be helped by adding some Mg, and adjusting the light as you mentioned. I'm loving those trichome-encrusted fan leaves!

They're in flower now, so make sure they're getting enough P & K, and micro-nutrients. They don't need as much N as in veg. Generally, NPK for veg is 3-1-1, while for flower, 1-3-3.

happy growing! 🌱

I'm with @cbdhemp808…

Check the fan leaves toward the bottom of the plant. It looks like they're suffering from inter veinal chlorosis just like the leaves at the top. If that's the case, I think you've got a twofer - the magnesium deficiency is reducing the plants ability to photosynthesize and the leaves are cupping in response.

If it is an Mg issue, I did Epsom via foliar spray a few grows back to resolve it. It seemed to solve that problem.

Thanks everybody!!! I wanted to point out that the fan leaves seem to have a waxy surface that can be rather reflective - I add cal/mag with every watering bc using coco as medium and growing with LED, either way the light was at 100% and not even 6” from plant on left while 10” from plant on right. The further it has went into flowering I’ve accepted that these are distinct phenos of the strain bc flower structure is significantly different. I still believe the light intensity impacted the utilization of mag for the plant I considered a problem plant. Light intensity has been lowered to 70% for last 3 days and surprisingly I have noticed bulking development on both plants again thank you all for the great advice!!! It truly made a huge difference!!
The 13th marked day 28 since light was set at 12/12 cycle and I think they are on schedule progress wise for that time !!
Thank you agai!!!

Back
Top Bottom