"Likes" page has changed

Not sure what the issue is? The page does what it should. Show all users who Liked this post.

First of all, let me clarify that this isn't an issue or problem for me. It was a question as to whether this was a change with the new software. :)

Here is my original question:

Re: "Likes" page has changed
This morning while catching up on journals I happened to click on the bar that shows who liked/thanked below a post I made. I wanted to see the "2 others" listed that "liked", so I clicked it. Instead of showing the members' names it took me to a statistic page with a list and other features that you can view, such as "Hottest threads/Posts".
I took a screenshot of it if you need that.

Is it supposed to be directed to that page instead of showing the names in the bar when you click it now?

Thank you!

Now for further explanation, before the new software was implemented we were able to simply click on the highlighted number of "others" in the bar shown in the picture below. The result would be that the names of the "others" would simply show in that same bar. Quick, easy..simple

Names.jpg

After the software update, when I do the same action by clicking the highlighted "others", I have to wait for a separate page to load. I posted pictures of that page in an earlier post on this thread, which is called "Entries".

The "others" member names no longer simply show in the bar of the same post, it automatically forces a new page to load directing it to the Entries page.

I hope that helps you and thank you for your time.

:Namaste:

Good Morning :)

I just want to add to what I said last evening.

I spoke with a couple of other members who state that the same happens now when try to see the "others". The bar used to simply expand and show the names, now another page loads.

I am enjoying the new system of the "Thanks/Likes", but this new feature I don't really care for.
Maybe others have a use for those statistical pages, ie; Hottest Threads/Posts, Thanks/Likes Statistics, but I'm not much on statistics or who is more active than the other. It doesn't bother me that it is there, it bothers me that I'm now forced to go there.

What is most troublesome is the fact that I have to wait for a page to load now. I am very active on the internet and have many pages going at any given time, the last thing I want to do is wait for another unecessary page to come up. Slow connections due to where I am and the service I use, makes this often a frustrating experience. I'm sure there are others out there who live in the boonies and have slim choices for internet services. :)

It was so simple before, and so quick to just take a couple seconds to view. This new page load has caused me to avoid even trying to see the "others" who liked now.

This is not meant to be negative, 420 asked for our thoughts, and there's mine. I truly appreciate the time and energy that has gone into this new software update.

:circle-of-love:

First of all, let me clarify that this isn't an issue or problem for me. It was a question as to whether this was a change with the new software. :)

Here is my original question:

Now for further explanation, before the new software was implemented we were able to simply click on the highlighted number of "others" in the bar shown in the picture below. The result would be that the names of the "others" would simply show in that same bar. Quick, easy..simple

Names.jpg

After the software update, when I do the same action by clicking the highlighted "others", I have to wait for a separate page to load. I posted pictures of that page in an earlier post on this thread, which is called "Entries".

The "others" member names no longer simply show in the bar of the same post, it automatically forces a new page to load directing it to the Entries page.

I hope that helps you and thank you for your time.

The new version handles features differently, we tried to mimic certain elements of old version as much as possible.

What is most troublesome is the fact that I have to wait for a page to load now. I am very active on the internet and have many pages going at any given time, the last thing I want to do is wait for another unecessary page to come up. Slow connections due to where I am and the service I use, makes this often a frustrating experience. I'm sure there are others out there who live in the boonies and have slim choices for internet services.

It was so simple before, and so quick to just take a couple seconds to view. This new page load has caused me to avoid even trying to see the "others" who liked now.
This is not meant to be negative, 420 asked for our thoughts, and there's mine. I truly appreciate the time and energy that has gone into this new software update.

Same issues here. It's often very hard to load pages here for me as is and I often wait for long periods for things to load, just to be able to 'like' a post.
Ditto the thank you. Thank you, admins!
( PS I know you hate me but that's ok, I ❤️ you anyway...)

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. :love: I didn't want to make more work, but oh, did I miss the simplicity of the way it was.

It's so nice to know you care. * sigh of relief *

How is everyone digging the Likes & Thanks so far?

Any bugs or errors?

You can turn email notifications for Likes & Thanks on and off in your User CP

User CP > My Settings > My Profile > Likes & Thanks

Also SSL is now live site wide for everyone's ultimate security.

Next we start on the mobile app starting Monday morning.

Also, this might be something for those who aren't fond of those Likes/Thanks stats showing under their Avatar on posts when the radio button is clicked.
When you go to the User CP settings as 420 stated above, you have an option to disable the "Postbit Settings".
This will turn off that radio button under your Avatar on posts, so none of the stats will show there.

Hope that is helpful.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom