Listen2marley's Indoor Multi Strain Grow - 400W HPS & 105W CFL

Re: listen2marleys first indoor grow! 150W hps and cfl's all autos all the time!

I heard that you were having a problem with PM. There are a lot of different ways to control it. I have used milk and water sprayed on with some success and I found that hydrogen peroxide works great and you can spray right up to harvest. using a 10-1 ratio it will kill the PM for days but it will come back. With everything it will come back. Get as much air movement as possible and try and keep the humidity down below 50% or lower perferably. You will have to spray every three days and with you being as close as you are to harvest it should take you there with no PM. Good luck.

Re: listen2marleys first indoor grow! 150W hps and cfl's all autos all the time!

Hi, just popping in at the request of my friend BAR. It does look like powdery mildew and something I used this year on my Crape Myrtles is NEEM. I was very, very impressed how it knocked out a rather advanced infestation in just one application.

You can also try to change the pH of the leaf by spraying with 4 tbsp baking soda in one gallon of water with one drop ONE DROPLET of liquid soap as a surfactant.

Also, make sure your humidity is no higher than 50%, lower when the lights go off. At least until you have a handle on it.

Best of luck to you!

Thank you's all for helping out. This is how we do here Marley; Ask & you shall receive.

:popcorn:
I'm really not sure how to go about dealing with mildew issues Marley as I've never had them. But I'll get you some expert help over here from 1 or 2 of my 420 buddies who've dealt with mildew.

BAR sent me a pm saying you needed help with pm, but it looks like you have gotten a bunch of great reply's. Let us know if you need anymore help.

NCR

Thanks everyone it really means alot to have so many responses from great growers. My issue is the plant is still outside right now which im sure it can only survive another few days with the weather. my grow room is completley clean and I just started 4 new plants 2 days ago. If I bring the PM infested plant inside it is going to infect my new plants correct? If so and I have to scrap it is there anything I can do with a PM infested plant thats halfway through flower such as hash or something? Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated. I do fortunatly still have a bunch more SSH seeds so I will be able to try again if scrapping it is my only option. Thanks again everyone. If its ok im going to start posting about my 4 new strains that are indoors since its acually what I intended this journal for. if thats not ok though someone please let me know

Should you bring your plant inside to your grow area it is possible that until the powdery mildew is treated that the powdery mildew may spread to adjacent plants. After your grow your grow area can be cleaned with bleach and water.

re: Listen2marley's Indoor Multi Strain Grow - 400W HPS & 105W CFL

Ok everyone so heres the start to what I had planned this journal to be in the first place; an indoor grow of autos. Is there anyway to change my title to the thread? Im using a 400W hps and 105Ws of cfls. Well anyways, im using 2 fabric pots and 1 regular. The strains im growing are 1 narcotherapy auto 1 NL X BB auto and 1 White Widow. The white widow is technically a photo according to the breeder but it goes from seed to harvest in 10 weeks. I acually wanted some opinions on this because I am growing it with 2 autos so what should I do for a light cycle? right now in doing 24/0 but my question is will this photo flower under say 18/6? Its from spliff seeds gold line and I even emailed them to check that the stats were correct and they say it only is in veg for 1 week and flowers for 9. I didnt plan on using this strain for this grow but I had a flash babylon auto that died a few days after sprouting for some reason so I wanted to fill the space and figured it would be a good test to see how this strain works. The white widow and NL X BB are both in fox farm soil and the narcotherapy is in this new soil I found called Mass Whole and Im using the master mix. It feels great and so far the narco is growing better than the others so I think I will be getting more of this soil. My flash babylon that died I had in this 420 soil which I thought was going to be great it said I just use the soil and dont even need nutes, well I think my plant died because of the soil. After I watered it for some reason it got rock hard then when it dryed it stayed really hard it was very odd. Right now im not using any nutes untill they get bigger all I have used is the powder kelp mixed into the water (you will see in the pictures that some leafs have dark spots on the which is just from the water because it turns really dark when I mix it in). For water I have been going back and forth between rain water and water I put through my brita filter then let sit out for 24 hours. Any opinions on what is better? I always felt rain water really helped my outdoor plants but could never be sure so any help would be appreciated because I have about 10 gallons saved up. My temp right now stays at about 70degrees sometimes a little lower sometimes a little higher and the humidity stay around 45-50% but usually closer to the 45 area. If theres any other questions feel free to ask and of course if anyone has any tips or things I need to change to make it a better grow please tell me. The only way to learn is asking questions and people giving me tips and info from what they know. I am not new to growing but am new to growing indoors so im sure Im not doing everything that I could so would love to hear all opinions. Thanks everyone for all your help I would not have had such success with any of my grows if it wasnt for all the help I get from the 420 community so thanks everyone.... oh and Ill show a picture of my setup I have the hps roughly 1 1/2 feet or a little higher above the plants and the narco therapy has 2 cfls on it (1 45W and 1 20W) and the white widow and NL X BB both have 1 20W cfl each. do you think I have enough wattage to grow 3 plants good or is it not enough? Please let me know if there are any changes I should make to the setup.
NL X BB ( world of seeds)
image15624.jpg

Narcotherapy (creap of the crop seeds)
image15625.jpg

White Widow (spliff seeds)
image15626.jpg

my set up. front left is the narcotherapy behind that is the White Widow and to the right is NL X BB
image15627.jpg

To change your thread title, please report yourself to the admins using the triangle and a comment such as "please change my thread to: Listen2Marley's 400whps +CFL Indoor Adventure" -giving them a better title, of course :)

The 400w HPS should be enough for 3 autos.
24 hours seems a little much for a plant, but some people do this during seedling stage.

If the grower tells you they can bring a White Widow to harvest in 10 weeks, they should also be able to tell you EXACTLY how. I'm skeptical.
A traditional photo White Widow will be ready to go to flower by changing the lights to 12/12 after 4-6 weeks, but the yield will double after 8-10 weeks.
I suspect switching to 12/12 will make your autos underperform.

One approach, if you have a normal ceiling, would be to veg your white Widow until the autos harvest, then switch to 12/12 if the widow didn't go into flower.

The key to 12/12 is to have a totally dark 12 hours. Do you have your closet light sealed?

_ _ _ _

All of the above comments are from an almost rookie grower. ( With 10 weeks veg and 10 weeks flower, my White Widow yield was 2.5 oz per plant.)
Again, if your grower says harvest in 10 weeks, I would ask them for specifics!

I've already alerted Head MOD Rico that you would like to change the title of your thread Marley.
If the grower tells you they can bring a White Widow to harvest in 10 weeks, they should also be able to tell you EXACTLY how.
100% agree Rado; And that goes for anything out of the norm a grower claims.

The breeders recommended flowering time is usually based on optimal growing conditions under 1000 watt High Pressure Sodium lights, your flowering time may vary. All photoperiod cannabis plants should be flowered under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness for maximum harvests. Your photoperiod cannabis plant will not flower properly unless you provide 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness to flower. Water droplets can magnify the light and burn the leaves. Your 400 watt High Pressure Sodium light will provide enough light for you to grow 3x-4x medium size plants.

I harvest my cannabis plants by trichome maturity. You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

Hydrofarm_AEM30_30x_Active_Eye_Loupe.png

Active Eye Loupe, 30X

Has any one ever heard of a photo that can go from seed to harvest in 10 weeks?? here is the info that is provided on the website....
White Widow Female Cannabis Seeds

60% Indica dominant. Genotype: Brazilian Sativa x South Indian x NL Special. Sweet sour aroma and flavor with hints of Blueberries. Short and stocky plant dripping in resin. Ultra fast; seed to yield 10-11 weeks. Bodystoned and psycho-active high. Potential THC level high.

A Brazilian and South Indian cross with a high level of THC and a decent CBD level. We selected a special, ultra white pheno covered in resin and crossed her with our Northern Lights Special to shorten its height, beef up production and make her a real indica stoner. The result; a THC monster creating bulging, massive buds in 8 weeks of flowering. From seed to yield will take approximately 10 weeks. Making it a very fast finishing strain. Suitable on all mediums.

She is a slow starter, however, The White Widow will surface after 5 to 6 days. So she is slightly slower than for instance our Bubblegun, but this makes for a shorter, stockier plant. She is a very white variety and a big yielder. Our most commercial variety, together with the bubblegun. She will stay low, 20 to 30 inches. Her structure looks a lot like the original K2. We recommend 2 to 3 weeks vegetative period or if you want to maximize the number of plants on a one square metre. Putting her under a 12/12 schedule will make the plants even more compact.

Widow has a sweet and sour taste and a spicy and later a sweet aftertaste. That typical sour Indica smell! She is a real Indica stoner. Her high is typical Indica; bodystoned sensation, very powerful stoned high. Medicinal value: insomnia, muscle pain, joint pain and lumbar pain.

Details:

Suited for: Indoor (I) Outdoor zone B/C (E)
Flowering: I) 7-8 weeks E) October
Plant height: I) 0.60-0.90m E) 1.50m
Yield: I) 450-550 gr/m2 E) 450 gr/plant
Growing difficulty: medium

Also any suggestions on blocking light leaks? Since its in a closet there is obviously cracks around the door so I deff have light leaks. I plan to do what radogast suggested and veg the WW untill the autos finish then switch to 12/12 I believe that will be my best plan of attack unless for some odd reason the widow starts flowering under 18/6 or 16/8 which ever I decide to switch to.

Stray light is not really that big of an issue as long as it's consistent Marley; Same stray, same time. Think about it like this. Outside growers have moonlight all season while urban & suburban outdoor growers have street lights usually within close enough range to be considered stray light. Here's a post by one of the more respected advice giving members, Relaxed Lester.

Glad to hear that about stray light. I set it up so the 4 hours of dark are at the darkest time of night so hopefully there will be very minimal stray light. Things are going good as far as I can tell. My rh has been hanging in the low 40s with a temp of around 66 are either of those too low? The narcotherapy is really thriving, the white widow is doing pretty good as well. The nl x bb is. growing kind of slow and wierd. the day it broke soil it grew like 4inches tall so I was kind of exspecting it to be a taller plant because of how tall in grew in such a ahort period but since then it has not grown much taller at all and seems to be growing all around slow. Anyone have any tips tricks or info on what this strain likes? It is in a 3 gallon smart pot but when I was filling it with dirt since it is fabric there was a big fold at the bottom so after filling it up and planting the seed I picked the pot up and all the dirt dropped a good 3-4inches or so because of the fold. I was too scared to try and dig the seed up so that I could fill the rest up because it had a fairly big taproot which I did not want to break. Would filling the rest up now be of much help or not really because roots obv grow down so adding soil on top would not give the roots more room to grow? Any ways here are some pics from 2 days ago. will try and take a few more in the next day or 2. let me know whatyou all think!
Narcotherapy Auto (cream of the crop seeds)
image15768.jpg

image15769.jpg

Nl X BB Auto (world of seeds)
image15770.jpg

Yeah I have always loved the big bud strain and I was looking for a high yielding auto but could not find a big bud auto by itself so I figure this would be the next best thing. It may not be as high of a yield as I was hoping but I think the NL will make the quality better than if the big bud alone. I have never grown either strain myself though so I have to say I am pretty excited about it though I really hope I dont screw it up, it is my only seed.

Hi l2m. BB is same or close to Critical Mass depending on version. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Yeah I have always loved the big bud strain and I was looking for a high yielding auto but could not find a big bud auto by itself so I figure this would be the next best thing. It may not be as high of a yield as I was hoping but I think the NL will make the quality better than if the big bud alone. I have never grown either strain myself though so I have to say I am pretty excited about it though I really hope I dont screw it up, it is my only seed.

So thungs are looking pretty good. nl x bb is still very slow compared to the other 2 strains. Im very upset at the moment though because I had started my 20/4 light schedule and the narco and white widow really blew up once I did that buts its been so cold and I dont have a heater to put in the closet so I had to go back to 24/0 simply to keep the plants warm enough. Even with the lights on my temp has been hanging around 63-64degrees. It was at almost 70 the other day and dropped to 55 with the lights being off for only about an hour so as soon as I saw that I tufned them back on and kept them on. I do have a space heater I am going to try puttin in the room that the closet is in because it is too big to fit into the closet itself and the room the closet is in has a broken radiator so this would be my only option. Think the girls will be ok at 63-64degrees? Hope so because theres not a whole lot I can do about it at the moment. humidity has been around 40. also I have been going with the approach of water them with less water but more often instead of alot of water every few day. any opinions on that? I have heard the autos can be very sensitive to over watering so I figured this was a good way to prevent that from happening? If Im wrong about that please let me know. the pictures im posting are from earlier today so its been about 3 days maybe less from the last pictures I posted and I an stoked with the results especially in the white widow. I think you will all agree its pretty amazing the progress it made in such a short amount of time. the narco is right behind it with making quick progress and as I said the nl x bb is just kind of trucking along at its own pace... I saw a grow on a different site with a nl x bb auto and it went for almost 150 days before they started seeing amber trichs and grew 3ft tall. anyone know if that is normal for this strain? the breeder says it should be done in about 70 days which I was kind of depending on that though i wouldnt harvest before they were ready so if it did take that long than it is what it is Im just hoping it doesnt. last question for my fellow friends, does anyone know if the nl x bb has a name? and if not any suggestions for one? just like having names for plants instead of calling it strain times strain ya know what I mean? ok well thats all for now folks, hoping to get a few responses on this post maybe, my journal does not to seem very popular but thats ok me and rado enjoy going back and forth with each other lol. good day all
Narcotherapy Auto (cream of the crop seeds)
image15830.jpg

image15831.jpg

NL X BB Auto (world of seeds... anyone know why their site isnt working or was that just for me it wasnt?)
image15832.jpg

Fricken gorgeous!
Fat green leafed girls make the smokin world go round.

NL x BB seems to be the strain name, like labradoodle or cockerpoodle.
Northern Lights represents semi-mythical quality and Big Bud represents semi-mythical yield, so I guess seed dealers want those visions in front of true buyer's eyes. I have seen bbxnl for (Blueberry x NL) trying to cash in on this famous combination of letters.

Sorry I'm among your top commentators.
I'm here to learn, because your girls really ARE exploding.
Maybe I should go 20/4 on my cfls.
They were holding a room temperature of 66-68 all summer. Now the temps are down to 63-64.

I can't say those temps are good because my current veg grow sucks at 66-88.
My previous veg grow was mostly under HPS so 80 lights on and 74 lights off.

I believe the temperature ranges vary by breed, but all these girls are survivor plants :)

Back
Top Bottom