Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Update5101.jpg

Happy Free From The man day lol
Hey looks Great Brotha one thing im learning is soil indoor is not a good
thing cause theres no natural predators indoors including the
environment itself and I cant buy bugs like people in the states can lol
anywho Aloha Brotha have a Great Tomorrow :high-five:

Morning Les hope you and yours had a blast this 4th! no pun intended :)
With your force flowers, When it comes time to move them over to their night time area, are your indoor temps brutally hot?
Wondering If you are seeing any issues that could be heat related. Reason I am asking is we are planning on starting a plant or two on a glr routine, but the area where I would want to use as a nighttime area is easily sitting around 120f+, mid day daily.. think they will do fine with a sufficient breeze and a good drink before they are put away for the night. Love the vegetative glory shots, headin to the new page now! :surf:

Happy Free From The man day lol
Hey looks Great Brotha one thing im learning is soil indoor is not a good
thing cause theres no natural predators indoors including the
environment itself and I cant buy bugs like people in the states can lol
anywho Aloha Brotha have a Great Tomorrow :high-five:

That's true Brotha, I can see what you mean! Even outdoors, it's really hard to get the bugs under control with an organic medium. For me, there is just not enough natural predators, and there isn't any natural lady bugs. So I rely heavily on my SNS stuff :surf: But yeah, you're right, I can see how an indoor infestation would be harder to deal with (except worms). Hope you get yours under control brotha! Time to use your SNS :) :high-five:

Morning Les hope you and yours had a blast this 4th! no pun intended :)
With your force flowers, When it comes time to move them over to their night time area, are your indoor temps brutally hot?
Wondering If you are seeing any issues that could be heat related. Reason I am asking is we are planning on starting a plant or two on a glr routine, but the area where I would want to use as a nighttime area is easily sitting around 120f+, mid day daily.. think they will do fine with a sufficient breeze and a good drink before they are put away for the night. Love the vegetative glory shots, headin to the new page now! :surf:

Morning CA! I'm gonna jump right into your question.

The answer is Yes, but not quite as hot as yours. When I put them inside the garage at 5:30 PM, it is still residually hot in there because the roof absorbs all the heat. Since we're on the ocean it rarely gets in the 90s even.

Anyway, when I put them in it is still like ~ 80 degrees in there. The floor is concrete so that stays cooler and the heat just rises to the roof. I let the airflow come in for a couple minutes, I have my moisture absorber in there (damprid), I do not run a fan in there when they're in there. I wait until 8 30 PM after the sun sets and then I open up the chamber and vaporize like a mad man.

So I personally have not seen extreme heat with the force flowers to comment, but know that high heat you have could cause stretching or foxtailing, since it's so hot for you inland up there, you actually might need to consider a fan. It just rarely gets blisteringly hot here on the ocean so everything is super relaxed.

So Yeah I'll think they'll be fine brotha. You do not even have to GLR, you just need to be consistent when you put them in and take them out. It is actually quite lenient IMO, I'm off by about +- 5 minutes because I'm vaporizing the minute before I put them in at 5:30.

I doubt its 120 in your chamber at night anyway, its probably more like mine at 80ish... let me know if I missed anything! :passitleft:

Morning CA! I'm gonna jump right into your question.

The answer is Yes, but not quite as hot as yours. When I put them inside the garage at 5:30 PM, it is still residually hot in there because the roof absorbs all the heat. Since we're on the ocean it rarely gets in the 90s even.

Anyway, when I put them in it is still like ~ 80 degrees in there. The floor is concrete so that stays cooler and the heat just rises to the roof. I let the airflow come in for a couple minutes, I have my moisture absorber in there (damprid), I do not run a fan in there when they're in there. I wait until 8 30 PM after the sun sets and then I open up the chamber and vaporize like a mad man.

So I personally have not seen extreme heat with the force flowers to comment, but know that high heat you have could cause stretching or foxtailing, since it's so hot for you inland up there, you actually might need to consider a fan. It just rarely gets blisteringly hot here on the ocean so everything is super relaxed.

So Yeah I'll think they'll be fine brotha. You do not even have to GLR, you just need to be consistent when you put them in and take them out. It is actually quite lenient IMO, I'm off by about +- 5 minutes because I'm vaporizing the minute before I put them in at 5:30.

I doubt its 120 in your chamber at night anyway, its probably more like mine at 80ish... let me know if I missed anything! :passitleft:

Your cooler ocean breeze & weather always seems to skip my thought process, thanks for the info Les.
Yeah, I was quite blazed this morning and it seems my comment was a little jumbled.
I am only really concerned with the 5:30pm pull the plants into their cab, the garage temps no doubt hit 120f at their time for darkness.
Couple months agos force flowers, around April, were sitting at 100f around 5:30pm, I can only expect for this to get a lot more drastic.
Thanks for the background Les, I think we have a complete different situation with our cabs, i'll figure it out soon enough! Stay well buddy :peace:

Your cooler ocean breeze & weather always seems to skip my thought process, thanks for the info Les.
Yeah, I was quite blazed this morning and it seems my comment was a little jumbled.
I am only really concerned with the 5:30pm pull the plants into their cab, the garage temps no doubt hit 120f at their time for darkness.
Couple months agos force flowers, around April, were sitting at 100f around 5:30pm, I can only expect for this to get a lot more drastic.
Thanks for the background Les, I think we have a complete different situation with our cabs, i'll figure it out soon enough! Stay well buddy :peace:

Yeah for sure, it is definitely a lot warmer right when I put them in at 5:30.

After the sunset I open it up and get some cool ocean breeze to cool it down a bit...

Your situation sounds more heat drastic for sure, it is what it is though. One thing I've had to come to realize is that I cannot and will not ever have the perfect conditions. There is always some stray light or inconsistency some where. Whether it be a motion sensor flood light across the yard, or the neighbors porch light right 10 feet away from the tent. We have a bathroom light that goes on in the middle of the night all the time and its not but 8 feet away from my whole crop. With all that being said, I have rarely ever seen a seed or a hermie in my crop.

Same with the force flowers, since it's in the garage sometimes I've already put them in and forgot something in there or had to go back in and get something after the fact, and sometimes accidentally leaving the garage light on for who knows how long. I just try to plan ahead. Growing stable hybrids really helps.

I should also clarify that my plants receive about 16 hours of darkness, so I'm not cutting it close, I think that by giving them the extra darkness all the time that it makes up for my little inconsistencies.

Us being on the ocean, we do not even have central A/C, we just never needed it. It's just one of those things like we have wine stored in these closets and if it gets too hot outside it gets too hot inside and the wine could spoil, similar to the cannabis, you just don't know until you open the bottle (or grow the plant) how it will turn out.

Wishing you good luck with the heat and that you can get some cool breeze to your ladies Brotha! :Namaste: :surf:

Great buddage my friend!

:thanks: Here is a shot at dusk of my little work of art KC-45 (naturally). Too bad I can't give her a bigger pot or the regular ground, she would easily produce pounds if I could give her the amount of soil she wanted. I'm just a small time grower, luckily this one plant hopefully wont take over my entire allotment of space. I have got 12 other plants besides it that have yet to show sex (NOT the force flowers! :)). I had to tie this beast down again today because she was approaching within a foot of the 6 foot height limit.

IMG_258212.JPG

:peacetwo:

Blackberry "Bud-on-a-stick" Phenotype Photoshoot for Trichome Emphasis

I have been puffing all the different phenotypes of the Blackberry spring harvest. The phenotypes are so different in terms of effects and taste that it depends on my mood and time of day which one I use. So this is the sour skunk pheno of the normally chocolately rasberry flavors. When the jar is opened, skunk fills the room, the buds are sappy and goopy. Thick and filled with resin, almost like a diesel fuel. As I said before, the potency is "paralyzingly medicating". This should be the sought after phenotype. Although, the other phenotypes are really good in their own way.

:peace:

IMG_249413.JPG
IMG_250214.JPG
IMG_250413.JPG
IMG_250514.JPG
IMG_250812.JPG
IMG_251612.JPG
IMG_252113.JPG
IMG_25228.JPG
IMG_25258.JPG
IMG_25265.JPG
IMG_25288.JPG

By the way, sorry about the blurry close ups, it's really hard to get good shots on my 20$ junk-o-scope that is attached to my camera phone! :tokin:

Absolutely mouth watering Brudda! Those buds, crystals, and colors are beautiful! Great work!!!
:drool::passitleft::woohoo::thumb:

Absolutely mouth watering Brudda! Those buds, crystals, and colors are beautiful! Great work!!!
:drool::passitleft::woohoo::thumb:
Thanks Bud! :passitleft:

Was that most recent 45, the one you super-cropped ? She's so open :circle-of-love:

Yeah! I've been doing all kinds of stuff to her. One of the force flowering KC's also had a lot done to her. But the one in the tent (naturally) is now open for business! :cheer: :Namaste:

Ok I want to make a few notes here.

1) "The Lil' Veggers" were diagnosed with a slight soil infestation. I have begun treatment with SNS-203 (as I normally do!) and drenched the infested zone and also spray the top soil with nice solution of it.

2) The larger KC-45 specimen in the tent that is "opened up" was watered and fertilized with a solution made up of D&S Step 2 (75% strength) mixed with SNS-604A full strength.

3) About the force flowers, there is currently my Dr.Earth 4-5-4 organic tea brewing over night. This is really good stuff. It will be served to the force flowering plants right when they come out of the chamber in the morning. They were also foliar sprayed with a full strength solution of SNS-604B 1 hour before being put in where they dried in the breeze naturally.

End of note section

Good morning from over here, Lester. That KC-45 really is a beautiful plant. It would look great in a big Greek terracotta pot between my azaleas.
:laughtwo::circle-of-love::bravo:

Your KC-45 looks good, nice branching :bravo:

Ok I want to make a few notes here.

1) "The Lil' Veggers" were diagnosed with a slight soil infestation. I have begun treatment with SNS-203 (as I normally do!) and drenched the infested zone and also spray the top soil with nice solution of it.

2) The larger KC-45 specimen in the tent that is "opened up" was watered and fertilized with a solution made up of D&S Step 2 (75% strength) mixed with SNS-604A full strength.

3) About the force flowers, there is currently my Dr.Earth 4-5-4 organic tea brewing over night. This is really good stuff. It will be served to the force flowering plants right when they come out of the chamber in the morning. They were also foliar sprayed with a full strength solution of SNS-604B 1 hour before being put in where they dried in the breeze naturally.

End of note section

What? using a journal to, to Journal? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom