Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

I find the green one look more exotic lol.

Any ideas on why purpling might advantageous to a plant when things get cooler?

Good question, my guess is for energy allocation. When it gets cooler, the photosynthetic rate reduces. In order to compensate for a reduced energy production, the plant will synthesize purple pigments which are more readily accessible to wavelengths of light closer to the UV spectrum. This will allow for a more diversified energy in-take, perhaps to supplement the rate reduction. It is known, with other various plants who turn purple, that these purple pigments allow them to access higher energy wavelengths of light within the spectrum. This also seems to occur only when the plant is flowering, at a time when energy allocation is even more important in terms of fruit production, so there are probably proteins being made that control how and when this happens, according to environmental conditions. :volcano-smiley:

Here are a few progression pics, getting real close now :Namaste:

Blackberry
IMG_60915.JPG
IMG_60925.JPG
IMG_60937.JPG
IMG_60946.JPG

Swiss Cheese also changing colors a bit too
IMG_60957.JPG

Those are just plain beautiful! How cold is it getting overnight on them and do you think that is helping with the awesome colors coming in?

:bravo:
Bob

Its been going down to about 45-50 F at night. Undoubtedly the purpling has occurred due to these sustained cooler temps for weeks. It's the first time in 2 years the Blackberry has turned purple, because I never grew it during the fall/winter so it never saw the cooler temps until now.

Thanks for the comment, I agree they are beautiful. :circle-of-love:

Happy Days Lester. It's Shatterday and everything is looking so good as it always is around your place. Just stopping by to say high. Your part of the world will see some real changes in the weather this winter. Hope it doesn't screw things up for you. Have a great day.

Happy Days Lester. It's Shatterday and everything is looking so good as it always is around your place. Just stopping by to say high. Your part of the world will see some real changes in the weather this winter. Hope it doesn't screw things up for you. Have a great day.

Hi Brother Bee! Thanks for stopping in, hope you and yours are doing well. Also thanks for the positive vibrations about the weather this winter, I can use all the luck I can get. :thanks:

IMG_60976.JPG

:Namaste:

Thanks for the support mates! Blackberry is now in a curing jar, smelling really good. Best batch I've had in awhile. :yummy:

Now 3 Swiss Cheese plants are basically ready to harvest so will be making harvest preparations for that. Once that's done, I'll move the Dawgs around so they will be getting more sun from the initial sunrise. Then will serve the 4-5-4 Dr. Earth transition tea, as they are finally forming their centralized flower heads after 2+ weeks. Everything is looking excellent, really happy with things. Have had pretty darn good weather for December lately, with temperatures reaching the mid 70's during the day.

Will post a few Swiss Cheese harvest pics later on. :hippy:

Swiss Cheese (Swiss Miss x Skunk #1); derived from a Nepalese landrace x early skunk cross

IMG_61084.JPG
IMG_61096.JPG
IMG_61108.JPG
IMG_61117.JPG
IMG_61128.JPG

Pretty much ready to chop, but she wants to keep putting on mass, a couple more days to ripen and I'll prolly chop before the potential rains and higher humidity, though I've rarely seen mold on this strain due to its high fungal resistance

:Namaste: :volcano-smiley:

Thanks for the support mates! Blackberry is now in a curing jar, smelling really good. Best batch I've had in awhile. :yummy:

Now 3 Swiss Cheese plants are basically ready to harvest so will be making harvest preparations for that. Once that's done, I'll move the Dawgs around so they will be getting more sun from the initial sunrise. Then will serve the 4-5-4 Dr. Earth transition tea, as they are finally forming their centralized flower heads after 2+ weeks. Everything is looking excellent, really happy with things. Have had pretty darn good weather for December lately, with temperatures reaching the mid 70's during the day.

Will post a few Swiss Cheese harvest pics later on. :hippy:

Now that's a temperature I could definitely use here in December :surf:

Back
Top Bottom